LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. blue skywolf

blue skywolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to see her thank van for when he died trying to save her and apologies for killing him when he was an undead.

tkato and Jay Corridor like this.
  2. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Van wouldn't want a relationship with her anyway. We know he agrees to marry people because he wants a warm big family, but he still has standards! And she's Meh-kun's mother, so it's impossible. I don't know about Meh-kun joining his harem. She feels like his first daughter to me. I mean, Jadal, Pauvina, Quinn feel like his siblings and the patchwork zombies like friends, so Meh-kun would be his daughter. Because he's more experienced that her, protected her and raised her from scratch for a long time since she isn't from a race that grows up quickly, Vandalieu is her godfather (from my point of view). (If it isn't Vandalieu) I wonder who Meh-kun's lover will be...

Ophious, Eddy andres and CountryMage like this.
  3. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huff..just finished the chapter, man Van got a major boon from this figth, I am excited to see how the author will play the Thunder transformation skill. The reaction of the DK body parts when he was going to absorb them was hilarious.

4. Z__SKULL

Z__SKULL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so good time to catch up?
    stopped at 221

5. Rexy

Rexy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it is not too much spoiler but things are ramping up

6. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YES!!! I had a feeling he could absorb the abilities of souls he ate and he can gain divinities. Van using his superior rank skills should be able to impart divinities to his clones and control the entire planet in place of alda's faction. I can picture a single clone in the corner have an emotional breakdown like they did during his mom's resurrection.

Paps and Baldingere like this.
  7. secretish

secretish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems a little weird how he got the cheat skills from the devoured souls, but immediately lost them to fusing with other skills. I thought fusing and upgrading skills couldn't make you unable to do something that the previous skills could do (unless you can do something directly better), though maybe I'm misremembering. Maybe he was also just incompatible with the skills since they're from Rod, or it's different only if you suddenly gain the skills from something like soul devour instead of learning them more naturally. Or maybe the author just didn't want Van's skills to get even more convoluted than they already are, considering how many he already has and would possibly get from other reincarnated people.

8. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She met with him thinking he was Van, and soon learned he wasn't. Started dating him anyway, and decided she liked him. Probably because he got the destiny that was intended for Van.
    Why so many people in here insist she needs to get together with Van. Even though this is highly unlikely at this point. And Banda himself doesn't want to see them separated for Meh's sake.

9. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    It is probably cause it is possible to do so with those skills already. Just that Van have not explored those aspects of the skills. Then the skills improved in those aspects after the fusion.

Just look at the things legion can do with the limited death attribute magic. They can do lots of things Van can't with it.
    So it is more likely that Van is far from being able to actualy mastering death attribute magic than we all would like to belive.

Could also be because all the death attribute magic flowing through his soul that the skills fused with, dark king magic.

Baldingere likes this.
  10. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    None of those abilities were the cheats that Rod made them out to be, like they found out about Oracle, so Van probably already had the ability to do similar things. Gungnir for instance is just going selectively intangible, Van's version would have been to make himself into a spirit form, and like a ghost decide if he wants to interact with other stuff, rather than choose what to pass through. He'd also have fewer restrictions if he does it with magic, since he can just pour more magic into the effects, or split off more brains for processing power.

11. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok i see what your saying, but its hard to tell how their relationship will turn out because we know so little of it and the little we do know right now is they both genuinely love each other and do care for each other. but i have a feeling their relationship is gonna start to get tested in their world and then in lambda whenever van brings them over or they die somehow. i could see a scenario where they maybe split but as of now i feel like they husband can be persuaded to join vans side since van isnt actually a bad guy.
    im sure she will if she ever finds out the whole truth, as well as thank him for protecting her daughter like hes currently doing (although she could also think its weird that van is "attached" to her daughter as well lol)

12. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he is actually aware of the fact that his mana exceeds the realm of gods, his new attribute bonus skill is linked to being worshipped. Taking into account the piety of his subordinates, all the nations in his empire, the people who have accepted his alter ego (the undead) as the savior of the eight guidance, and soon enough his impacts on earth leading to cults worshipping the dream being that gives out blessings. Van will be worshipped in part on 3 worlds. Oh and before I forget there's a least 1 alda faction god that became brainwashed. I badly want him to take the jobs named after gods, but first I want to see take all the guider jobs so his followers become equivalent to gods through the bonuses. With his newly upgraded golem technique can Van now make a golem out of living person?

13. Darquesse

Darquesse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, a chapter has been out for almost a day and I didn't notice...... I feel so disappointed in myself.

Zing likes this.
  14. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe a flesh golem using a dead body? His golems are created by adding souls, so it would probably just make a zombie. Using a living person might result in a fake heroic spirit transformation/descent.

15. blue skywolf

blue skywolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the new skill added to golem creation will allow van to make more suffisticated golems that can react and move like real people and perform more complicated and intricate tasks.

Baldingere likes this.
  16. Draksil

Draksil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author wanted Van to get some power-up from eating the Reincarnators' souls, but didn't want it to fill up his status page or have Van able to replicate it 1:1 in power and then suddenly start using a bunch of different powers is my theory (like you mentioned)

Baldingere likes this.
  17. Draksil

Draksil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, as a reader it's often disappointing when Van picks the less strong-sounding jobs, but things have worked out pretty well for him so far. How long will the author tease us with the 'Great Demon King' job now?

18. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Death scythe is pretty much a reverse hecatoncheir. I expected it to join Holow king magic, since telekinesis is a part of it. Telekinesis makes things move, death scythe prevents them from moving.
    Sylv looks useful but his information gatering abilities are already top-notch. He can do smth similar by turning into spirit form and going around. Only spiritualists (rare and not in influantial posts anyway) and undead (in none other kingdom than his would that matter) would sight him.
    Gungnir, he can go through stuff with spirit form, but it offers possbilities. I'm curious as to how Gungnir will be used.
    Odin will probably combine with death sense and permit him to see threats with more detail.
    Chronos will go with Death delay, I guess? I wonder what it'll do.
    Marrionette will enhance his brainwashing talent. Maybe there will be less restrictions. Will he be able to brainwash people from a distance, without them even seeing him? Maybe he can put other souls in them with golem creation and control them. Kinda like Fitun haunted Hajime.
    All in all, there might be some use to the cheats.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  19. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Marionette fused with Golem Creation. So I was thinking along the lines that Marionette might give Golems something akin to a nerve system.

CountryMage and Paps like this.
  20. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Knowing the way Marionette worked, with Hajime and Fitun's trump card added, they highjacked people through their nervous system, but if Van were to try translating that to his own understanding of his magic, he'd probably be able to marionette people down to the soul. He could already share his soul with people, to share his mana reserve, or to give them the benefits of his regeneration skills, so he could probably golem people while alive now.