LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    As Spycho points out, he can get exp from worship now, but before that he was sharing the xp with all his subordinates.

2. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just for an easy summary, Van doesn't have to worry about Leveling Barriers for two main reasons:
    1. Vida snuck some of her Divine Blood into Van while he was reincarnating. This is how he entered Vida's Cycle of Reincarnation behind Rodcorte's back and was born a Dhampir, but it ALSO reduced the likelihood of encountering Leveling Barriers.

2. Van kills gods. Van has actually encountered a Level Barrier before, back when they were exploring Talosheim's surroundings. However, the Evil God of Release(?) possessed that usurper Noble Orc and Van broke through the Barrier almost immediately. It's going to be extremely hard to find a Leveling Barrier where killing/eating a god doesn't let him break through.

Eddy andres and Arbelbyss like this.
  3. Draksil

Draksil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, and his vessel is likely really, really big even from birth. However, just because it is difficult, does not mean impossible. When Van reaches the strength of Alda/another Great God, I'm also not sure killing and eating a normal god will be enough to break through the leveling barrier. There will also come a time when Van has destroyed all the Gods against him and made peace with the rest. Seems a waste to choose subpar jobs. If he will end up with 100 jobs (an A-Grade adventurer has like 10 jobs), then it's still better to choose the best 100 jobs

4. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobconfused: Once he's at Alda's level of power and has restored peace to the world, why would he need to get stronger? That's like complaining at the epilogue that Van's not strong enough. o_O

Arbelbyss likes this.
  5. Draksil

Reading List:
    Link
    Rodcorte is likely stronger, statwise, than Alda. Bad at fighting though. I still think my point holds true, that when fighting another God quite a bit below him, he would not necessarily be able to break through.

I see your point, but I disagree that power at the epilogue is useless: Their World literally cannot function without Gods to manage the various elements and natural forces. Van being as strong as possible then, and thereby the blessing he gives his close followers (who will also ascend) being stronger will help a lot, since a lot of Alda's forces will likely have been killed by then and will need new Gods to take over.

6. Tarrian

Tarrian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The other gods are already scared s***less of him, even the ones on Vida's side, I don't think power is going to be an issue he really has to worry about. He has the one power that EVERYONE is terrified of, the ability to shatter souls and, worse, the ability to DEVOUR them so that not even the shards that were left of the creation heroes' would be left behind to be pieced back together by Rodiot.

7. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    @Draksil you're setting a limit on jobs, when we aren't sure there is one. We can't even say that he will eventually run out of jobs, since the Gods in charge of those have been making new ones just for Van and his subordinates from the start, and when he eventually eliminates Rod, there will be nothing stopping him from going back through the conventional catalogue.

You're also saying Rod is stronger than Alda, which was only true at the start of the story, with Van spreading the truth about Rod, he has become a subordinate of Alda, and with every soul or God Van brings to his side, Rod gets weaker. By the end of the story, Van may have weakened Rod enough that the three worlds we're aware of could have overthrown his system anyway.

8. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have an exact chapter reference handy but I'm pretty sure I remember reading that Rod manages a lot more worlds than the three that appear in the story and has trillions of souls in his system. Even if Van peels of a few tens of millions it's not really that significant of a loss.

Draksil likes this.
  9. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    But it sounds like Rod is incompetent and these are his only worlds, if not that he's running out or running low. He even was willing to cut off Lambda with the repercussion of gaining a massive amount of damage, as if to cut losses. It's not like he goes off in search of other system to be a part of prematurely, oh wait he does. It makes it sound like he's desperate.

10. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    all his worlds must be more or less working, the problem is that being tied to a world is no no for robcorte, he fears the stake of the judgment of alda and the destruction of the soul and anything similar, destroying 10 worlds is not a price Reasonable to avoid that, if it weren't for that it hurts so much maybe the story would have ended much earlier (with the victory on the side of Vida or the evil gods, without a reincarnation system the side of Alda would lose in 100 years for not having followers , I would say more about Vida because his followers live longer and are stronger and smarter)

11. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not about the actual loss in souls, it's about the loss in control, when his system has a bunch of empty slots just at the time that some world's gods have decided they've had enough of his shit.

12. blue skywolf

blue skywolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    new manga chapter is out

spycho357 likes this.
  13. Draksil

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you talking about? Yes, there's a limit to how many jobs others can get - it's not simply how many they have available, but that they will be stuck on their current job unable to progress before breaking through the wall. The discussion has never been about "running out of jobs to choose from". Van is very good at breaking through the wall by killing and eating Gods, but the entire argument is that I believe he will still end up hitting it, so choosing better jobs from the beginning is wiser

Rod is not a subordinate of Alda, but Alda can use the authority on Rod now (but Alda doesn't know that) that Rod is a god of Lambda as well. Rod is still very strong, but his system gets buggy when Van destroys souls (or hurts when his Familiars or abilities are souleaten)

14. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when was that said? i don't remember it. please tell me the chapter.

15. anteopta

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Instead of a limit on how many jobs a person can take its more like some people already go through all of the possible jobs in their list or reach a development wall that prevents them from leveling. In the first case the person can learn more skills to open up new jobs but the latter needs something to happen to progress (divine protection, guidance, ect).

CountryMage and Arbelbyss like this.
  17. anteopta

Reading List:
    Link
    that is how i undersood it too. as long as you have jobs to pick from and can overcome your development walls, there is no limit to the number of jobs you can have. but as there is someone who says that there is a limit, i want to know on what base they are saying that, so i asked for the point of reverence in the story, to see if i overlooked something.

CountryMage and Arbelbyss like this.
  18. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when was the last time we saw a comment from the translation/proof reading staff? We used to get regular discourse from sebas and codered even a rare comment from yoshi.

19. Draksil

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know that I've wrote otherwise. My point is that I, as in my opinion, believe Van will reach a point where he can't overcome his development walls as he's already become stronger than the Great Gods by then, so might as well pick up the strong jobs on the way.

20. anteopta

Reading List:
    Link
    ... since a development wall is hit during leveling up a job and not right after or before you pick a new job, i assume it is safe to say that it depends on your current strength, not on the number of jobs you have. since weaker jobs strengthen you less then stonger ones, i would say it does not matter in what order one takes their jobs, as trying to maximize the effects of your jobs before hitting a development wall would require knowledge about the exact point you would hit the wall.