LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We already know of someone that can replace Alda as the god of light. With some more ranks anyway. All hail the Mahou Shoujo Hime!

Eddy andres likes this.
  2. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The state it was in before means no dungeons or monsters and Vida's ranked children do produce polluted mana. It is manageable, but I don't think he wants to have to manage it because he's a racist grandpa god that would prefer to just genocide the problem away. Also no joke he really does just think they're ugly and horrible for whatever reason even though the reasoning part of his brain acknowledges that they can be heroic just like any human, dwarf or elf.

And yes, Rodcorte's system can't handle people with ranks for whatever reason. I'm not sure but I think Alda wanted the ranked monsters to at least have their souls preserved even if they aren't allowed to live in his neighborhood because they'd reduce the property value. Honestly I don't understand why he cares if there's more than one system around so long as everything else is the same, meaning no Scylla and stuff. It doesn't actually affect the world in a way that any but a few specialized gods would really be able to notice, right?

Anyway, I guess we can't say for sure if he would tolerate merfolk in the long run. He believes he would, but he's noted to not be nearly as rational as he thinks he is so I don't think we can say definitively one way or the other. And I do agree that if he got his way and kept the drakonids and whatnot alive they'd definitely be second class citizens that he keeps around as a kind of pet race to let him feel like he did what he could for poor confused and crazy Vida.

3. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why? Just make a golem :D

4. daxrocket

daxrocket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're forgetting that Kanako was tapped into Narumi's/Angel's network and could see everything. The European Union is better than the Bravers at controlling the narrative and will be really pissed off if they missed their chance to get death attribute and would take their anger out on the Bravers.

The well being of your allies is always first. Amemiya made the choice that Van would've made in his position.

5. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gonna give Van credit on this one. If it had been up to him, the deserters would have been dead long before this point and he'd probably adopt the Eighth Guidance. Even if he did have to make the choice for some reason I think he would have said 'screw it' and done it anyway in full view of the cameras, though he would have used whatever means possible first to keep the information secret even if he had to do him some murder. I mean, in Lambda he already told Amid to piss off as well as several Orbaume duchies and simply trusted in the power of himself and his allies to keep everyone safe.

6. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The funny thing is the world has more or less adapted to the presence of death attribute Mana over the course of 10,000 years. Sure it's still a problem when dungeons overflow. But the world is more or less in a stable state so if someone like Gufgarm or Van just helped manage all the dungeons and devil nests so that there isn't an excessive concentration in one place versus another it will all be fine.

Which is really no different than the rest of the world. Remember lambda is a world where it needs the god's to manage the elements to keep it stable. Meaning the real problem at this point isn't that the Death attribute mana is "polluting" the world. It's that none of the gods are managing it making it the only element in the world unmanaged. But even with no one managing it the world has long reached a point of adapting to it to the point that removing it the way Alda wants would do more harm than good.

Also keep in mind even the Dark Continent which is basically a lump of DK mana is entirely liveable as long as you're strong enough to deal with the monsters

But anyway the reason he cares about there being more than one system is that while he doens't like Rodcorte he respects him in a profesional manner. AKA he trusts Rodcorte's system to manage the cycle of reincarnation. Vida's system is actually imperfect and inferior to Rodcorte's system but that's mostly because Alda sealed her away before she could finish the thing. Problems that occure with a flawed reincarnation system include reincarnating with memories intact without a god explicitly making that happen and children being born without souls which would be similar to being stillborn.

So the problem is that Alda is just unwilling to give Vida the chance to perfect her own system and would rather just keep everything exactly the same forever with Rodcorte even though Alda himself hates the guy.

7. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's not that the mana is death attribute but just that it's foreign to Lambda. If it was death attribute it'd probably be a much bigger problem.

And yeah, Lambda has adapted just fine. Dungeons give infinite resources and you can even live in them or turn them into farmland. The golden age of Lambda might have been great but Alda can't see that the world can still be fine.

The fact that Vida's system exists at all shouldn't be an issue though. Let's imagine only dark elves and titans and so on were in it. Apparently Alda would still want it gone, but I don't know why. The human races are all still in Rodcorte's system, after all. If Vida's messes up and dark elves die off as a result, why would he care?

We're probably getting it backwards. He probably wants Vida's system taken down because that will immediately make everyone still inside it effectively sterile. Before that happens he wants the people that can be saved to be moved out of it as a last favor to Vida. After the beastmen etc are moved out then once it goes down ghouls and stuff cannot reproduce except through conversion, which is too slow to keep them at replenishment levels.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Eddy andres likes this.
  8. daxrocket

daxrocket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I meant was that if Van was only as strong as Amemiya and he had to make that choice, Van would've prioritized his friends lives over the lives of people who tried to kill him, no matter how justified they were in trying to kill him.

9. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    They don't become sterile, they just get loose, and either start dying meaninglessly (they go nowhere) or they turn undead, Rodcorte has inflicted this on planets that displeased him. The real reason Alda/Rod would want to take down Vida's system first, is that all those souls would then be up for grabs, it normally takes a lot of effort to free souls from a foreign cycle of reincarnation, the kind that a dying Vida can put in for a single soul, but a fully powered Rod couldn't work up enough will to even think about.

10. metazoxan

Reading List:
    Link
    No no he said it himself in one chapter. A large part of why he wants the ranked races of vida dead is their not able to be part of Rodcorte's system of reincarnation and becase of that he apparently can't dismantle it while they are alive. Kind of like you can't delete a program while it's in use.

The basically says this at one point when he's deciding to allow the unranked races of Vida to live in order to combat Van as that's one of the reasons he's unwilling to grant them the same treatment.

I agree it's stupid but apparently Alda just is determined to revert the world to it's previous state and that includes restoring the world to the old cycle of reincarnation. His justification for this is he says only Rodcorte's is more stable or something along those lines.

Tarrian and WarDemonBal like this.
  11. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Effective sterility in that their offspring will not have souls. The race can't continue like that.

12. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    It's basically the premise of most horror movies, all these soulless births, and an untold number of displaced souls. Van has already shown what happens when you have births without souls, his dungeons are not connected to any cycle, and they still have life.

13. metazoxan

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes but I'm pretty sure it was said they have to be killed first before the race can be wiped out. Not that destroying the system would wipe out the race by leaving their offspring soulless.

14. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure. Just saying that if the system was pulled town tomorrow, no new kids would have souls. I consider that being unable to reproduce, so I called it effective sterility. Since that's not the plan, it doesn't matter anyway.

15. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    More than anything I see Alda as a god who lost sight of his own essence.

While law exists to give order to society it is also derived from the society and it's culture, and it means that by nature laws/rules need to evolve to match the advances and new needs of society, while Alda is doing the exact opposite he is using laws to try to restrict the advance of society.

Vida in the other hand is still completely true to her essence as the goddess of life she is doing the same thing life do, adaptation and evolution.
    In a ideal situation Vida and Alda should work together, vida spurring evolution and adaptation and Alda matching her advances would create new laws to direct society and the new beings in the right direction without causing attraction with the things which existed before.

But now that Alda lost sight of himself and is forcefully stalling the world, society can't advance and the world itself is starting to reach a frozen point
    Sincerely by now it would not be wrong to call "Alda the Evil god of Stagnation"
    It reached such absurd level of stagnation that even Rodocort which basically doesn't give a fuck to anything or anyone started to make his move to make the world advance again by sending the isekaied people (bravers + Van)

Arbelbyss, DarkZealot and WarDemonBal like this.
  16. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Evil God doesn't mean a god that is evil. More like Cthulhu type critter. But yeah, I get your meaning. Vida actually points out at one point that he is betraying his own values by not forgiving the evil gods who changed sides. Law is meant as a form of atonement and since they switched sides and worked hard they've already atoned. But Alda refuses to admit that.

17. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Crazy/Insane work better in Alda's case.

WarDemonBal likes this.
  18. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just cant wait for van to go big time and start guiding monsters in mass to dismantle the dk reincarnation system.

19. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Order without change is stagnation.
    Law without mercy is Tyranny.
    Alda actually wants to regress to a time before the DK invaded. While at the same time retaining his throne as a head god. Mutually exclusive goals
    Might be why he's actually been holding his siblings back from recovering. Present a fate accompli of the world HE wants when they wake up and don't have the power to tell him no.

20. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he's slowing them from recovering, at least not intentionally. There's no reason to do that if you assume like he does that they'll agree with him anyway. Quite the opposite: He'd assume he could get things done more easily if they were around. He hasn't prevented anyone from worshipping them either, which is necessary for them to recover as quickly as possible. He doesn't even let his church mess with Vida worshipers.

Eddy andres and Shaman Ray like this.