LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Legowaffles

Legowaffles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't be the first time!

2. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean falling for a “Praise Alda” is already an out for the victim. After all we should all know it “Praise Van” that counts. Now raising my hopes with a false “Praise Van” and link? I’d likely curse you to stub your small toe twice every time you get out of bed to go to the bathroom. But I wouldn’t do anything extreme lol.

3. Legowaffles

Legowaffles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It IS possible that that was what I did. . . Also, I like that curse. I'm partial to cursing someone to grow a dozen boils upon thy buttocks personally though.

4. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    devil nests form from corrupted mana, often caused by the presence of dungeons or monsters. as was shown will the ghoul villages a devil nest can be destroyed and used as fertile farm land. However, is it the same mechanism for devil seas and devil skies? I can see a dungeon on the sea floor but not the sky, also how would one go about purifying the areas? Kill all the monsters and wait for the corrupted mana to dissipate.

5. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the case of devils skys they're probably just monsters around or possibly mountains with dungeons at the peak. For purification im pretty sure they use magic for that.

6. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Purifying a devil's nest requires you to not only use magic but also replace the soil. I'm sure there must be a way to cleanse the seas and sky or Alda's goal wouldn't even make sense, but we don't know how it works.

7. X07Zero

X07Zero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If my memory serves right, devil sky become something like sky island in one piece?

8. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean it already doesn't make sense because you would need to kill roughly 95% of all animal life that isn't insect size or smaller, dismantle all dungeons( that can spawn randomly throughout the world), find and kill the god of ranks(which ricklent hid so well that no one could find it not even himself), and kill all evil gods to dismantle the dk reincarnation system.

Just the sheer impossibility of this is insurmountable unless you just pull the pin on the planet itself. The only way alda can get what he wants is destroying the planet and start from scratch.

9. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's plenty of non monster animal life. Not sure how after this much time given how noncompetitive they are.

Ricklent didn't make the god of Ranks, Guduranis did. Where it is we don't know.

10. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Ricklent made the ones that give titles, skills, and jobs, Gudu made the one for ranks. They were all sealed off in a pocket dimension to prevent further tampering, so they vaguely know where they are, just can't reach them.

11. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He never said the god of ranks was among them, just the ones that he made himself.

12. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    He said (or narration said) that the demon god squeeze his rank god in before they got send out to no intervention land.

13. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The narrative said Guduranis made the god, not what he did with it. Why would he want it hidden away?

14. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    It was his own mod to their system, as long as it remains he's benefiting, and it's the Lambda gods that sealed the entrance to their domain, that would also prefer to remove the seal if they could.

15. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to need a citation on the god of ranks being hidden away somewhere because this is the timeline as I remember it:

Guduranis invades, Lambda isn't doing so great. Zuruwarn and Ricklent notice RPG games in other worlds and make gods of jobs, skills and titles or something like that. These gods are basically pieces of Ricklent, not their own distinct entities, so they're not like people so much as computers. Guduranis copies their homework and pumps out a god of ranks. It is presumably the same deal, only made from Guduranis. Before Ricklent gets sealed, he commands his AI subordinate gods to go into isolation and cease responding to commands from anyone, even himself, in case he is compromised. The gods of jobs etc. are now inaccessible to any native or foreign god.

The god of ranks is not one of Ricklent's subordinates. He has no authority to tell it what to do. Guduranis would also see no reason to give such commands to his own subordinates, nor to have them go somewhere he can't control them.

Now, it may be that we're supposed to assume that the god of ranks is not accessible, just like the god of jobs isn't, but I don't remember any concrete statements that this is so and the internal story logic argues against the idea.

16. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, these programs are physical (as far as gods and spirits are) components, so Gudu added his dongle to Ricklent's hidden computer, and then it got sealed away when the subordinate gods of Jobs and Skills locked their room from the inside. It's been long enough that these spirits should all have their own personalities, and you can even get a sense of humor from some of the more outlandish jobs and titles that appear in the story. Which has led to a lot of speculation here, that they are probably getting along well with Gudu's plant in their hidden space.

Baldingere likes this.
  17. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gonna need the chapter where it says the god of ranks is isolated like the others.

18. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While the creator of the system, due to the Demon King finding a way to manipulate part of Ricklent's system for his own forces by creating a "God of Rank", Ricklent eventually isolated his system from all outside interference. This included his own, as Ricklent feared the consequences of him being brainwashed or tortured into removing the advantages it gave to the inhabitants of Lambda. Since then, the system has been maintained by the nameless automatons Ricklent, and in one case Guduranis, created to manage it, The Gods of Status, Jobs, Skills, and Rank.
    This is from the wiki, so grain of salt

Baldingere likes this.
  19. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't actually say that he isolated Goody's knockoff god, just his own, and that all of them are still working in the present.

20. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    But didn't they say the reason they can't touch god of ranks is that he's in no-man's-land with Ricklent's buddies?