LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. X07Zero

X07Zero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, that's why I also want to know what chapter that said about the Rank god is in an isolated place, all I remember and found is about Demon king create Rank god to take advantage of Ricklent's system ^^;

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    Baldingere likes this.
  2. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you tell me where it says that I'll concede the point, but I don't recall that ever being said.

I mean, maybe we're meant to assume that the god of ranks is chilling with the other three in Hawaii or whatever, but I don't recall this ever being explicitly stated.

Not that I recall.

3. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is in chapter Van talked Ricklent. It is not easy to find chapter now. But I think Van talked with Ricklent in Vida realm only. After Van saved Vida?

4. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the God of Ranks was not isolated as like skills and jobs, then Zadris would be after Van to track him/her/it down so she could end that part of the princess curse....

Plus Alda and Bellwood would have made sealing that god a priority as it would limit the growth of all ranked beings.

Simply put the story only works is what everyone other ten you is saying is true holds, so drop it. You are demanding an explicit reference in hundreds of chapters for something that is heavily implied through out the entire series. The entire things reads like you know you are wrong but are stretching goal posts to avoid having to admit it. Also it is in ch 162.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    Baldingere likes this.
  5. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, because there aren't any other gods opposed to Alda running around free. Right.

Why don't you just admit that it's fanon? You have absolutely no evidence while I have been making the same claim the entire time with no stretching of goals. The god of ranks has never been stated to be isolated like the other three. Is it? Maybe, but you have no proof of that. You merely assume it, which is fanon.

6. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL
    "You have no evidence, so you are wrong. I too don't have any evidence, but because I was claming it to be true all this time, I am right." Super philosophy :D
    God of ranks never been stated to be isolated because here are no such God. How can you state something about something what don't even exist?
    Could not find talk between Van and Riclent but found time table and here was written
    • The Demon King infiltrates Ricklent’s Job and Skill systems and makes alterations that allow monsters to acquire Skills, and introduces a Rank system for monsters in place of Jobs.
    So, Demon King did not create gods. He just hacked Ricklent's Job and Skill systems and made some modifications. Ricklent could not erase this modifications, so he sealed his systems.

Baldingere likes this.
  7. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    While not the only target, GoR would have been a very high priority target.
    Because it is not. Ch 162 in the same paragraph Ricklet states that The Demon King added Ranks to the system, and he isolated the system after that happened. This requires GoR to be isolated with the rest since it is a part of the system.

Also, that you forgot where something was mentioned does not make it Fanon.

Baldingere likes this.
  8. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's okay to be wrong, you know. You don't have to get so worked up.

9. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    all of that aside, imagine how broken this novel would be if Van also had a rank.

Baldingere likes this.
  10. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point, his rank would probably be "???" and the gods of status and job would relish that their rank buddy experiences a part of their suffering
    And he would have gotten demon king in his race name lol

11. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Van probably doesn't have a rank so the story doesn't have to explicitly limit his power levels like that. I mean, the story talks about how Vida's kids have higher growth potential, but in truth all you have to do is look at their rank to know how strong they are, for the most part.

12. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    They have higher growth potential because they have Ranks and Jobs, 2 sources of strength that operate independently of each other.

That means looking at rank alone does not tell you how strong they are, because it leaves out half of their potential source of strength. A rank 8 with 1 crafter job and a rank 8 with 10 combat jobs are no where near the same power level.

It is not I gained a bunch of jobs so I go up in rank, the 2 systems are separate growth factors.

13. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference when you compare a human to a ghoul. Also, if you look at the Vidakids we've seen they don't seem particularly exceptional compared to humans of the same age and number of jobs. Youngish B or higher ranked adventures seem pretty common, which is in the ballpark of Rank 8-9 iirc, but you don't see many people that strong in the boundary range nations even though they live longer apart from the majin. Like Myuze only being like rank five or six when introduced despite being in her 70s and living in a high combat environment.

Also, Jobs and Ranks are supposed to feed off each other by helping meet advancement criteria. You don't rank up as soon as you hit level 100 but rather need to also meet other requirements, which should be easier with Job bonuses. So rank 8 with one crafting job is actually more or less impossible.

14. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Except that is a huge difference.
    Isn't there tons of evidence to the exact contrary.
    No, they are rare. Heinz was noteworthy for being B-Ranked at such a young age.

Nope, not even close.
    Taking a fully party is no where near the same ballpark.
    a) She was not in a high combat environment, she was living in a city and the city was not high combat. It was only when she left the city that it was high combat.
    b) Adventurers are actively seeking combat, most Vida rac4es prefer peaceful lives
    c) those who develop do so by seeking greater foes since you do not level nearly as well if you constantly face weaker threats. You need to be facing greater and greater threats to grow at a decent race, most Vida races did not care to do so.
    d) the growth of the Vida races reaches a point of equilibrium with their surroundings as a result, since they were only fighting to survive, not for the same of killing or wealth
    No it is not, stop making up your own rules for how the setting works.

Ranks advance once the requirements are met. Jobs only advance when you use a Job change booth. Remember how hat the start the ghouls did not have jobs, but now have loads, that was because they did not have a booth. They were still able to advance in rank though. and only limited in growth by their available opponents

15. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I'm going to respond to you anymore. I know I can be sarcastic, but you are incredibly hostile over literally nothing every time I say something you don't like.

16. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean he is quite frank about every detail you got wrong?
    He doesn't seem to be stopping you from saying your point of view, he only corrects your false assumptions
    In quite the methodic way too

DragonkingKyo and X07Zero like this.
  17. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think a few more points to why he is wrong would be good.
    For example B rank being commen. The average soldier is a rough equal to D rank which is also the bulk of adventurers. If it was easy to rise higher than the average soldier would also be stronger. Why do you think a C rank like that strong arm godo in moski was able to behave like he did? Because C ranks are rare and depending on the city, is the highest rank the adventurer based in the city have.
    If you show proof of your statements, as long as the other side is open for discussions, it will be easier to accept you statements. sjmcc13 did it in the second half but not in the first. That is the main reason I see why it would be hard to take.

X07Zero, CountryMage and Baldingere like this.
  18. daxrocket

daxrocket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To help end this argument, I'll give a quote from Borkus

As you can see, having both ranks and jobs does increase the speed at which you get stronger.

19. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fine, you want me to respond?

If being a Vidakid is such an amazing advantage, why are there no confirmed ghouls in recorded history higher than Ghoul Tyrants? There are scattered rumors of stronger ghouls, but none verified. Yet humans reach A and B with some regularity and even S on occasion. And some ghouls DO have access to job changing rooms. To use a race with more representation as another example, Isla is thirty thousand years old yet still weaker than people who are one thousandth her age. If Vidakidness is that meaningful of an advantage, then why is she so meh?

Yes, Heinz is an outlier. It's weird to be B rank at the age of like 17 or whatever. However, 'youngish' doesn't mean teenager. 30 is youngish. A and B ranked adventurers are not common in the sense that you can walk into a bar and find one, but that mid to large cities are likely to have some.

Ah, so it's more like 7-8. Riley and Gordan were pretty capable of taking on rank 7 monsters but Riley was not considered particularly exceptional and Gordan was just said to be about on par with a B rank. Also, when I say he's being really rude, 'Not even close' is an example of what I mean. That's a really rude way to correct someone. Further, one of Zadiris' entries says this "If only fighting battles of magic, her ability is close to a B-class adventurer." She's rank 10 at this time. So B rank seems to cover something like Rank 7-9.

You don't consider the boundary range nations to be high combat areas? Gizania, Myuze and so on do have some combat experience, you know. Also, Vida's races do not prefer peaceful lives. They have a 'might makes right' cultural philosophy, have warrior castes in some races and enjoy fighting for the most part.

Okay, so some nutjob who deliberately avoids going to a job changing room when they have one available, fights super hard to get to Rank 8 and then takes a crafting job is possible. I guess you have a point there. But I don't think this would ever occur naturally.

Now, with all that out of the way, I am going to stop because I do not wish to engage with you further. You're very rude, as are some others here, and nothing will be gained by either you or I being really dismissive towards each other.

20. zerfo

zerfo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the fact that there is no strong ghoul is explained because the "wild" ghouls cannot change their Job. They do not have access to the Job Change Orb.
    In addition, the races of Vida that have a Job are rarer outside the Boundary Mountain Range.