LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually said we can agree to disagree I think three times, but this was rejected, yet this is my fault? This is why you shouldn't take sides in an argument you don't understand and haven't been listening to.

But yes, I'm willing to stop. I will note, however, that I will respond to further comments made to me about this, so it's up to you to let it die here.

2. Draconic

Draconic Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because you always need to have the last word. It was worth checking out this forum, I had great fun reading this conversation.

spycho357 likes this.
  3. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I was trying to be more mature earlier but now I've gone 110% petty. Maturity wasn't working anyway.

spycho357 likes this.
  4. Darquesse

Darquesse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone else just pulling out the popcorn for this argument

Jay Corridor and spycho357 like this.
  5. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really, I haven't really paid it any mind. As nothing interesting has been talked about yet. (I'm also being bogged down by school and work)

6. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really, I'm just waiting for the next chapter (with work and other IRL things, I don't have time to enjoy watching the hands flailing contests about animes, mangas, games, comics, movies, series and other medias that those involved call fights on forums anymore...)

[​IMG]

7. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you guys just take this somewhere else? This is getting more annoying that Naruto fillers.

8. DiametricKnight

DiametricKnight New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bringing the conversation back to Death Mage, I did some re-reading and there is no "God of Ranks". Guduranis made the system, that the gods of jobs, status, and skills controlled, apply to monsters which created ranks. It was then that Ricklent isolated the gods so that no one else could mess with the system again. This is all mentioned in chapter 162 if you are curious.

CountryMage and spycho357 like this.
  9. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I said the same thing few pages back, but my comment was completely ignored and they continue to discuss about "God of Ranks" who don't exist :|

10. X07Zero

X07Zero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally, the discussion is back ^^;
    ummmm, in chapter 197, Ricky tell us that Guduranis create the Rank god

11. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    The god of titles also got created at the same time. Ecen if it was not a real god, the system for creatinf titles got added at the same time as the system for ranks got added by Guduranis.

All hail the forgoten champion, the title system!

12. DiametricKnight

DiametricKnight New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess the author decided to change how ranks work, forgot about what he said in chap 162, or further clarified it. But Guduranis making a god just doesn't sound right, he doesn't really strike me as the creating type ya know.

13. Draconic

Draconic Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We do not know how he created the God of Ranks. He might have done it by damaging the soul of one of his followers. Or had one of the stronger gods under him do it. Besides, if I remember correctly, Guduranis created at least some of the monsters and dungeons.

14. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, there's a god of ranks, it's referenced directly in a chapter I linked to earlier. It's almost never directly referenced, hence the previous argument: We don't have a lot of definitive information on it. There doesn't seem to be a god of titles, though. Titles are something that arose without a god managing them directly simply by the complex interaction of all the other gods supporting the system.

Gods can just make familiar spirits and lesser gods by using their own power. Curatos, Pagtarta, the gods of Skills, Jobs etc. Given that death mages seem to have a particular affinity for creating new life and Van has made familiar spirits accidentally, I don't see why Guduranis wouldn't be able to.

15. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read one more time chapter 197
    This is not Ricklent words. It is some third, non existent person talking. In chapter 162 was the only time Ricklent talked about this.
    In this novel author often writes from someone perspective or knowledge, but it don't mean it is true. So, most likely author writes 197 chapter in accordance to some myth going around human world, because only gods can know truth about maters of gods.
    Did you forgot that ghouls was described as undead in the very beginning? But is they undead? So, when you read this novel you need always have in mind who is telling it. Because it may be false information made by this who don't know.

It looks like many forgot who is god. God don't have much influence on world. The system he manages have. Like Rod, he is god of reincarnation, but he don't reincarnate anyone. It is a work of system he have created and manages.
    The same go for jobs, titles, ranks and so on. No god have power to give jobs, titles or ranks. It is some kind of system who do it. Gods only manages it. So, if Guduranis create any god for ranks, this god could not give ranks to any monster, because he would need a system for this. And if Gudu created system to give ranks to monsters, Rick would not need to isolate his system of jobs and titles. Because Gudu systems would be independent and not related to his system. God of titles is called so not because he have power to give titles, but because he manages part of system which give titles. If Rick system did not had part who give ranks to monsters, Gudu could not create god who give ranks to monsters, because this function don't exist in system.

16. X07Zero

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmm, ummm did you play Skyrim? it like Ricklent create the game then DK used the back door to add the rank mod into the game... don't know if this made it any easier to explain my thought ^^;

And yep, chap 197 looks like it's the narrator's word.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  17. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I like Skyrim
    Yes. I think it as a mod and Rick could not remove mode from system or more like it would been to hard to remove. And most likely just author could not think about anything more logical.
    Rick created a game (system) and made some gods to look after system. Like Rod made some of Van classmates to look after his reincarnation system. If Rods reincarnation system have some subsystems and one of Van classmates took management of it he could be called manager or god of this subsystem. So, you can call gods Rick made to manage his system as God of Titles, God of Jobs, but in the end they are just managers of system and don't have powers themselves.

X07Zero likes this.
  18. X07Zero

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhu, our difference is about chapter 197, I consider it as a piece of information from the author, you as a narration of human legend, if it is by your POV then there will be no Rank god.

The point about why Ricky can't remove Rank mod out of the system made me believe that DK create Rank god.
    Because the authority over rank in the system is with Rank god so Ricklent doesn't have the right to remove it.

Phew, maybe this is the end?...... a good reread time XD

Edit:
    this is my new imagine of what happened at that time

Ricky : This Rank MOD is illegally installed!
    DK : Yeah? so?
    Ricky : I will delete it!
    DK : You can't, that MOD is my creation, my property.
    Ricky : You!
    DK : Well, if you want to delete it, come, take the right off my hand...Ha! not like you can.
    Ricky : Dang it, Zuru! help me move the system to the basement and we will throw the key away!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  19. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The argument against DK making a Rank god is that he didn't have to, he just altered the Gods of Status and so forth. I don't support that argument. Personally, I assume that Guduranis never got the chance to directly mess with those three because if he had he probably would have just turned off Jobs and stuff. The threat of which, mind you, is the whole reason the gods managing the system are off in Lala land rather than somewhere people can actually get to them.

But yes, if the God of Ranks wasn't a thing I think Ricky should have been able to tell his subordinates not to do that anymore while they were still somewhere he could get to. Because he could have, which is part of why he sent them away: He didn't want anyone, even himself, to interfere with how those three were working.

Speaking of those gods, I find what they do kinda weird when you stop and think about it. Isn't their job technically giving every single organism in Lambda their Divine Protections? I mean, not that the author would think of it in those terms, but that's what it sounds like, right? God of Skills thinks you're doing a good job with nose picking, it gives a level 1 nose picking skill. God of Jobs agrees, gives you Nose Picker job. God of Status thinks this is great and increases your dexterity for how well you fish out boogers. These all sound like divine protections, don't they? Or am I crazy?

20. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Blessings/Curses from Gods can be imparted pretty easily, you just need to get their interest, but Divine protections are something that aren't usually seen outside of devout followers, or chosen heroes. It's like the Familiar Spirit Descent, it seems to require some investment from the god.