LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Rendei

Rendei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Legowaffles

Legowaffles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    'ight. So in the end, it'll probably be Rikudou or whatever his name is that tears Roddy apart.

4. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rodcorte is speeding up the deaths magnificently.

5. Kaithar

Kaithar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't have the words to adequately describe Rodcorte... None of them even begin to capture the complete lack of positive attributes he continues to exhibit. His only ability seems to be reliably finding the choice must likely to make things unimaginably worse, to the extent that you have to wonder how the worlds he scammed have survived until now.

I wonder what would happen to those odds if they knew Van's full status. They should be aware that he can punch holes through a divine realm using only brute force, but do they realise he can assimilate the powers of other gods like he did with that Crate Toss, uh, Curatos guy? Actively helping that lunatic in Origin certainly isn't something Van will be happy with, and the Gods of Origin probably can get a message to Van where Banda can't.

I guess now we have an answer to the question of what kind of person would try to extinguish a fire with a bucket of lighter fluid and then decide it hadn't worked because there wasn't enough in the bucket.

grim5000, CountryMage and Bielt like this.
  6. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cool, Joseph is back. Wasn't sure he'd ever get to do anything. I suppose Rikudou is going to get greedy and expose himself while trying to nab Mei and Banda.

I think the author's problem with numbers is back. Apparently a full 1% of the world's population lives in the Alcrem capitol, even though it's probably barely top ten in population on Bahn Gaia. In a world that should be significantly less urbanized than ours.

DeirdreH likes this.
  7. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason being that he hasn't influenced any of the other worlds till now. He has lived the perfect hikikomori existence till he tried the reincarnated individuals play with the only other time he did something extra being stealing the 4 creation heroes souls smashed them together and send them to reincarnate on earth.

8. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He judges things by his own morals, and he has none. This causes a divide by zero error, bringing him to conclusions that defy the merest trace of reality.

9. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    X07Zero likes this.
  11. lordtalon

lordtalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no he's probably just bored in quarantine

xshugox likes this.
  12. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lets hope he stay healthy and stay in quarantine as long as possible :D

13. Kaithar

Kaithar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, right, a literal case of what they didn't know couldn't hurt them... Guess he simply exceeded his boredom threshold after so many eons

14. Zamzukan

Zamzukan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are your opinions on Van's countles availible jobs named after demons, abominations and the like?
    Would taking one of them lock him out of the other named jobs for the sake of balace? I think that is possible and fair, but for the sake of an even more powerful protagonist it would be dissapointing.

I assume those jobs would make him more inclined to aspects of related creatures and possibly more uncaring of people around him as long he could pursue those aspects.
    Those jobs might be a blessing and a curse

15. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the demon king job didn't make him want to destroy the world then the possibility of the other jobs influencing his personality is pretty small. I doubt that chosing one job would lock the others either because we've never heard of anything like that ever happening.

16. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want him to choose the god jobs. Demiurge, Ourobors heck even Creator gives some god vibes. Ascend to Godhood and be able to create his own divine realm but also be a god on earth for Lambda. I mean I know for all intents he’s achieved everything except the immortal part. But I want to see him go full immortal and then watch Rod stroke out at his evolution.

17. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    To be sincere~
    I want him to get those jobs not because of going full god mode~
    I just think that it would give much better bonuses on stats and skills for him, as someone literally going against gods, kingdoms, heroes and reincarnated people with cheat abilities it makes much more sense to try to munchkin as much as possible
    So between Demiurge, Tártaros, Creator, Chaos Guider, Hollow King Mage and Vengeful berserker, Tongue Calamity and other "low tier" jobs it would makes much more sense get the obviously overpowered jobs
    (Unless he wants to "get along" with his harem better, then i suppose Tongue Calamity job can be quite overpowered *insert Lenny face*)

18. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van have unlimited number of tentacles, so he don't need Tongue Calamity job.

19. grim5000

grim5000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt it. from what I've gathered, the way that the skill system had "balanced" jobs throughout its existence was through the walls people would hit. I could swear there was a word they used for it, but I cant remember. What I do remember is that people would eventually hit a point were it was extremely difficult to progress further in level, and each time they got past it, then next one they hit was even harder. eventually it was for all practical purposes impossible to pass.

The way Van and co are getting around this is, for co, through Van's guidance and the divine protections they all have. I can't remember specifically what it was for Van, but I do believe it was mostly from killing gods, evil gods, and extremely powerful beings. please do correct me if I'm wrong on that. It has probably been like 2 years since I read from the start of this story.

Zamzukan likes this.
  20. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But he has like a dozen wives to satisfy!