LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    This is an interesting problem: could you question gods? In Greek mythology, you can do it, because they are mostly super-humans with big moral flaws, but you must be wary of revenge. For Jew/Christian/Muslim, you can't question god, because he is perfect and that means he can't be wrong.

I don't know about the view Orientals have about gods, but the idea that you can't question gods, that they are always right is a western concept.

And there's fanaticism.

anon likes this.
  2. DragonkingKyo

DragonkingKyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think vampires need consent.

3. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are instances where god is questioned in the bible. The monotheistic religions, in many areas, are very... lets say biased . A lot of it is "intepreted". And with that I mean blatantly and intentionally misunderstood or ignored (And in many many cases we can be glad about that cuz most "laws" in the bible make Sharia law look reasonable). This applies twice for catholics.

bf, twinklecake and ElefantVerd like this.
  4. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i guess they are, or his familiars for descent... but since he is already "down" with the rest f the mortals his skill would be... "Familiar Arrival"?
    Familiar Reunion?
    Familiar Visit?

while god i questioned on the bible those questionings are always wrong, go can be questioned as in speaking to him but the morality of his actions is never questioned
    actually, in western religion good is defined as the will of god so everything god does is good by default, even if god does something that goes against his own laws its good because is his will
    of course, most clerics simply modify god to fit their own needs but in that case god is never questioned, just "understood better"
    meaning, religion is never wrong, its right and after being corrected is "most right than before"

but i do think eastern gods are to be questioned because they are many and can act out of personal desires, Alda's religion preaches that Vida was judged so that implies people knows gods can be wrong

Paps and bf like this.
  5. bf

bf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Watcha tokking abt? Mr slipper will send you half to death just for talking back to your parents. What makes you think Orientals could ever question the gods? Things were so bad that the concept of "Great Justice, even killing (corrupt) family for it" had to be introduced as an exception that proves the rule.

And it is also backed by history. No garment at the time knew what to do with the TaiPing Rebellion. Or remember the beginnings of the Romance of Three Kingdoms. Or every dynasty's need to have the mandate of heaven. The Japanese shocked the world with kamikaze attacks. My case will punch through your armour plating. With soul powered cannon.

tirirism and ElefantVerd like this.
  6. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All will be revealed with time.

bf and Paps like this.
  7. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to feed, but they do for the transformation, they have to want to turn you, and you have to want to turn. That doesn't mean that they have to convince you nicely though.

Paps likes this.
  8. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    I could see many researchers take that offer without hesitating. A lifepspan in the thousands of years is very appealing if you feel like there is more knowledge than you could ever fully grasp.

9. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    From what we've seen, only the Vida side vampires would make you that kind of offer, Joyful Life vampires would make you the offer only after you've suffered quite a bit, Berkyne would leave unhealing wounds his people for instance, and preferred to raise up talented people so he could break them down, relishing in their despair.

Paps likes this.
  10. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    Most likely, yes. All of the other vampires were quite messed up. Vida's side seems to be much more preferable anyway, as her vampires are in a much more relaxing environment (no alda nutjobs hunting them for starters).

CountryMage likes this.
  11. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Zamzukan

Zamzukan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Oshibo

Oshibo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is completely false. In the earlier volumes, it was clearly stated that the ghouls in the amid empire turned humans into ghouls against their will to combat the birth issue. Tarea was literally captured, turned into a ghoul for breeding and then gained a position of power due to being a blacksmith.

Yakuson, Gin_Hindew and kagemao like this.
  14. MonitorShotput

MonitorShotput Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it even matters at this point, because Van has the Divine Protection of all of Earth's and Origin's Gods. The Gods of Origin (in the form of Pluto) explained that a Divine protection creates a two-way link with them, which they would use to reclaim any power that they granted the reincarnaters using Van. This also means that the Gods could also funnel their power into him as well. The Gods of Earth and Origin are on a completely different level than Lamda's, because they are in fact one entity and the population is several orders of magnitude larger. Even if only a few Gods within the collective decide to aid him, it would make a huge difference. A likely example from earth would be Gods that have themselves been bound in mythology, like Fenrir from Norse Mythology, whose howl marks the start of Ragnarok. He breaks free from the Godly Chains binding him and is responsible for killing the King of The Gods, Odin. In this case the chains would be Alda's "Law" Bindings and Alda himself would be the parallel to Odin. Of course his sister, Hel, would help as well, considering she is the Goddess of the Underworld who Odin had cast out. The Buddha may help and send him power just to spite Rodlicker, considering that, in his system, even if you dedicate your life to reaching enlightenment, he may still reincarnate you as a tree or something, lol.

bf likes this.
  15. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    naaah, female ghouls have varied designs and that's fine, males only have a couple of distinctive features and that's normal, they are male ghouls, except the bosses all usually think about the same, eat, have children, fight, obey to the boss, drink and repeat, I do not say it badly, because they seem very happy to live like this.pd: long live the abs.pd2: I know it was a joke about discrimination, but that adds context to me and Avoid making an awkward entry.

16. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    bf likes this.
  17. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    You are given the choice, become a ghoul, or be eaten like your teammates. It was explained numerous times, that these races cannot force people to change, they have to choose, even if it's not a real choice.

Edit: The Ghoul transformation involves getting buried alive, in a mud pit, I imagine it's very easy to bring yourself to wanting the change, when suffocating to death, and being eaten anyway, is your only alternative. The death charmed human women were told as much when they chose to become Ghouls, if their conviction, or luck, isn't enough they die.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    Paps likes this.
  18. Neiden

Neiden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't they say that the Succubi and Incubi could change people without their consent?
    But that they had to mate so many times that it was basically impossible to accomplish unless the Lust Demon and their partner were already in love?

19. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds like it would still fall into the same category, they ahegao them, until the only thoughts left are about being with the Incubus/Succubus. Which I think was the only way to choose the type of Majin you become....

Paps likes this.
  20. TouchMeLikeASpaceBar

TouchMeLikeASpaceBar [Innocent]

Reading List:
    Link