LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    With Van's high level skills, it's possible that he would just have the full list of mage jobs, without having to go from the bottom as an apprentice. I think it only really matters what experience you get, once you've switched to the job, you don't level a job you don't actively have.
    Little bit of exp from crafting, isn't the same as no growth, means that Tarea had a lot of practice to class up through the prostitute tree, and then through the blacksmith one when Van came into her life.

DragonMage18 likes this.
  2. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jobs gets the most xp from doing things related to the job. A Warrior Job isn't going to get xp from tanning leather. A Cook can get xp from combat, but they'll get way more from actually cooking. Tarea only had an issue cause her rank was still at 3 cause she never killed anything, but going through Jobs was just fine cause she just kept on being a crafter.

Paps likes this.
  3. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    But only when she was a crafter, not when she was stuck as a slave, or a prostitute. That experience didn't rollover into it as soon as she changed jobs.

Paps likes this.
  4. codered999

Reading List:
    Link
    The hell you talking about, I didn't say anything about xp rollover. She never killed anything except her slave master before she went to a dungeon with Van to raise her monster rank.

5. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Until they got to Talosheim, Tarea was stuck with prostitute as her job, her blacksmith jobs were stuck since she was forced to change to slave, and then through the prostitute ranks. She may have been crafting the whole time, but she didn't get experience for jobs she didn't have at the time.

That said, thanks for clarifying that they do get the majority of their job exp for doing things related to their jobs.

Paps likes this.
  6. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    You only get experience for a job while having that job. While Tarea was stuck with the prostitute job, she did not get exp towards job while crafting, but got exp towards the skill.
    Don't know if she gets exp for her race level by crafting now that her race is geared towards crafting. But she did not get it as a rank 3 Ghoul.

The reason Van instantly leveld up the Demon King job we don't realy know, tho it might have yo do with gods fearing him as the demon king, being fused with multiple demon king fragments (basicly the fusion is a passive exp generator for the job). Or it might simply be a special job that don't need exp.
    It's most likely none of the above, but if exp carries over then we should have seen multiple chases of Van leveling up his job right after geting it.

7. codered999

Reading List:
    Link
    She was stuck with that Job because she was level 100 and had no access to a Job changing station in the middle of the ghoul's devil's nest and as Dragonmage18 mentioned you can only get levels in Job while having it as your active main Job.

Van instantly leveled that Job because his very existence in that moment makes him more than qualified to be considered as the Demon King. Which is something we were told in a footnote about the Job. The DK fragments, the gods considering him as such but being unwilling to say it, the mutations he was already causing that made new monster races, dungeon manipulation.

DragonMage18 likes this.
  8. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Um sorry to burst your bubble but Van hasn't taken the demon king job yet. He has the skill but it is only level 4.

Paps likes this.
  9. TouchMeLikeASpaceBar

TouchMeLikeASpaceBar [Innocent]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they are referring to the Demon King User job that mastered awhile ago

Paps and DragonMage18 like this.
  10. codered999

Reading List:
    Link
    yes we were talking about the demon king user job

DragonMage18 likes this.
  11. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok. I overlooked that when i was checking his status in the last chapter. But he still has the demon king job in his available jobs so i was wondering if you were talking about something in the machine translated bit.

It wouldn't suprise me if he maxed level that one quickly just from all of the fragments he has and all of the high level monsters under his banner.

Paps likes this.
  12. diamonds

diamonds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reread the entire series again.

Van should just make his own collars out of magic metals or something.
    Someone is gonna try to silence Juliana.
    So many jobs, so little time. Maybe he will start sending out Divine Messages or more coherent communications with Dream Guider?

Paps likes this.
  13. munerkie

munerkie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dream guider = more chapters with dreams = more chance with our cute meh-kun to show up = profit

14. codered999

Reading List:
    Link
    The point is to use collars from the Tamer's Guild as they are the official body that decides if your monster is actually tame enough to be allowed in the public areas

Paps likes this.
  15. diamonds

diamonds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He could disguise it as an official collar.

16. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Shouldn't be a problem to take their official collars for now, and then reinforce them later with some advanced BMR tech, maybe give them a bit of magical engraving using some of the unique magic metals Van makes.

Paps likes this.
  17. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van probably didn't do so because he doesn't want to stand out or seem unusual. Yes, I know he sucks at it, but his intention is to be bait and act like he is harmless.

18. codered999

Reading List:
    Link
    For what reason? Why do something like that when he can have a clear public account of having done it the proper way like a normal person would. Like people need to stop trying to game the system when the simple solution is just fine for the situation and isn't hard on Van in even the slightest. Plus Van doesn't need to make the collar out of a death metal anyways when the collar isn't intended to be used as armor anyway.

Lucresia, Gin_Hindew and imafire like this.
  19. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Little reason to go out of his way to do so, until they evolve even further. Well, Fang should do fine with regular stuff until he gets access to heavy elemental attacks which also engulf his body. The rats MIGHT need an upgrade rather soonish, given their drastic rank increases and the (what seems to be exponential) power increases coming with those.

Paps likes this.
  20. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the rat sisters already have entertainment skills, maybe they'll get transforming collars, so they can join in on the magical girl shows.

jemini, Paps and Gin_Hindew like this.