News Death March and KonoSuba get licensed by YP

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by japzone, May 20, 2016.

?

How do you feel about this news?

1. Happy

8.0%
  2. Meh...

33.0%
  3. Angry

16.1%
  4. Worried

42.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lancetky

lancetky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Time to open a company to acquire all the novels b4 yen press. This company translate by paying translator by each chapter which accumulated by readers payment and advertising fee. The site will be free and latest chapter available after one week for free user and paid user have no advertisement on the site and immediate access to the latest chapter

neogamer and Astaroth like this.
  2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember when but I recall someone mentioning somewhere (I think it was r/lightnovels reddit sub) that they use sites like bakatsuki to gauge interest so they know which novels to pick...

3. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    So they didnt do their own Research ? wow...

4. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, that was the original intended purpose of Baka-Tsuki, just that so many newcomer did not know of it, so you can't really blame them.

Honestly, I wouldn't have been so annoyed of it if the publish english version weren't always bastardize with American censor values, like how they do with all anime related stuff. This is from someone who use to buy manga series often.

5. RandomComment

RandomComment Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lets not even joke about that. That man deserves worse than death.

On topic, as long as sou-san acknowledges that the WN is different (and it is, in quite a few details), and continues to translate the WN then I won't mind.
    It seems that sky will be stopping translation of konosuba now since there is an actual yen press licensing, unlike before where it was just a notice to take it down for no reason. He already finished the volume 8 epilogue though, and vol 9 isn't released yet. I guess thats as far as we go. At least it'll stop at a decent point rather than in the middle of a volume.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  6. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically speaking, that IS the research.

In order to know what could sell, you have to know what's popular, and to know what's popular, you have to know what people want. And to know what people want when speaking about manga, anime and LN, you have to look for the reception fan translation activity gets.

In fact, to some its a honor to get their series shot down consecutively, as it's technically a compliment.

7. Tian Long

Tian Long ❮Purityfag❯ · ❮Anti-NTR Ancestor❯ · ❮Purist❯

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't read KonoSuba because of Darkness' being masochist. Now I have nothing against masochists, but when she dreams of being ravaged by monsters and married to an abusive husband, most especially the former, I just can't stand it.

I'm a vanilla fag, purityfag and all. So yeah I DON'T CARE if KonoSuba is licensed meh. As for DesuMachi, its fine, no need to worry. WN won't be affected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.