Discussion Death march anime

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Awe 128, Mar 5, 2018.

1. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    They didn't learn from the mistakes of the novels and the manga. The initial pacing in those was horrible and they decided to keep it that way. Add on to that the horrible voice acting and mediocre visuals, the anime probably won't do good enough to get a sequel.

2. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't say it's horrible though, they're just animating the worse part. In my opinion, I preferred reading about parts further into the book than the beginning. Everyone agrees that the pacing and stuff sucks at the beginning and stuff and that it gets better further in, but you can't expect them to start animating a few volumes in. But I'm still glad I got to see what the animated version of pochi and tama look like and listen to the "nanodesu" over and over again so as long there is that I'm super satisfied.

3. Rivenn

Rivenn 【I eat fruit】【commonhouseman】【RV_n/Rivelle】

Reading List:
    Link
    well.
    in the first place we read this for pochi and tama.

however it will be great if I can see Karina animated ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tirirism likes this.
  4. Parpaing

Parpaing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wayyyy too much ugly computer generation for my taste.

tirirism likes this.
  5. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Truly a Han Shot First between the original wn and the remastered ln.
    wn: "damn, i'm so over worked my dream turned into a game, and it's got bugs. Are those enemies? looks like I'm surrounded, I'd rather this not turn into a bad dream...let's nuke them all...."
    ln/anime: "damn, even my dream is a buggy game. Are those enemies? They have me surrounded, I better negotiate...crap they gonna kill me! *hits the nuke button in self_defense, and while panicked, uses all charges*

Karina and her sister pushing those "landmasses" together in a catastrophic way. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  6. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked it. I mean, forget the WN and be happy with the beast girls and the fanservice. The history? Forget the wn and enjoy. The voices? They are Japanese, they have women doing the voice of male characters, what do you want?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem here is not about women voicing male characters. It's about a grown ass man pretending to be a kid while failing at it horribly. The VA is just that bad. I've seen anime where guys voice kid characters with no problem. Very regrettable. The pacing is just so horrible and they spent 1 episode for 1 chapter.... Seriously..

ElefantVerd likes this.
  8. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the problem is the inner monologues. Since his adult voice is still there, they have to raise the pitch on his regular conversations.

9. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we hope for a 10 years long lasting series?

10. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, nope.

11. ace len

ace len New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this was pretty good when i watched it.

12. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The LN already went down 2 notches from the WN. The anime makes it even worse... They're limited to 12 episodes and they waste over an episode reviewing food. (Yes there is plenty of food in the novel but he doesn't go all food critique like he does in the anime). And because of that time waste we lost out on some of the best parts like the dungeon exploration with the beastkins and they rushed things out such as that guy having slaves right outside the dungeon while going "hey we all came out of life and death situation but how about some slaves that I have conveniently parked outside the dungeon?". Speaking of convenience, notice how prior to the dungeon the coachman stopped right where the priest was speaking for some reason. That part reminded me of a game where you are going by coach and coach stops due to an event. And there was that Mia scene where she gets taken and is already gone but MC somehow decides he can follow her while casually talking to his slaves.

The anime did fix one LN issue though. In the LN, the MC abandons his beastkins and everyone when they are losing to the greater demon (irresponsibly reckless?). In the anime, he does so when they are on equal footing to the lesser demon (So the one time rushing stuff fixed things).

Though one glaring thing I noticed was... did they forget to hire someone to handle the music? A lot of the scenes lack background music and when background music is used it is totally out of place.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  13. Yamatohime

Yamatohime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    T_T
    This is prime example of... What happens when your try to shorten something that need 200+ episodes into 12 episodes. I didn't understand anything. =_=

14. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    The sequence of refining and resuming is:
    1. Web Novel - full of details
    2. Light Novel - Changes that shortened somewhat the plot (I found only the fist 6 chapters, so I can only say something about that)
    3. Manga - a different media, more changes that shortened the plot
    4. Anime - another different media, more changes that shortened the plot.
    I wonder if someone watching the anime can understand the plot or the history. I liked to see the Japanese version of the personages we learned to love, like the beastkin girls and the beastkin from the city (they are too different, does someona have an explanation?)

There's one thing I wonder about the beastkin girls. In one or the arcs, they play hero with full armor and gloves, and one of the "small heros" take the glove and shows "squishy hands" of a beastkin. But in all the drawings they looks exactly like small girls with only animal ears and tails - no "squishy hands", but small, slender girly hands. Or is it that I don't really know what is a squishy hand?

http://www.sousetsuka.com/2016/08/death-march-kara-hajimaru-isekai_25.html

15. noisypixy

noisypixy Sacatunn que pen, que summum que tun.

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question. Which arcs does the anime span?

I already know this anime is dull af since the moment they announced it, but depending on the arcs I might watch it for the screenshots.

16. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Half of an arc?

17. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm watching it for the sake of visualization so that I can easily swallow before I read the WN version of it.

18. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    The LN also adds a lot of plot holes since they retain the same overall story while changing the story.

As for your question, well first of all she was dressed up as a lizardkin disquise, but when she says "squishy", I think you are overthinking it too much. I think she means squishy as in FLESH instead of Hard steel.

So far it seems up to the end of the no life king arc. So I think it will end once he leaves the first town. Keep in mind it is based on light novel so there isn't really any epic fights.

noisypixy likes this.
  19. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you are rigt, but still... why make the distinction that it is a beastkin's hand? Isn't the logical thing to imagine it's a "girl's hand"? Why he concluded right away it was a beastkin?

On the other hand, maybe the girls have slighly long fingernails, almost like small claws...

[​IMG]

20. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    That is possible, but it could also be a matter of perspective. For example, if I were to outline a hand with 5 fingers, you would say "human hand" but in reality it is a monkey's hand. From perspective of herself, it is a beastkin's hand. Even if it were 100% like human with no extended nails, we view things from our own perspective.

In same sense, an elf would not call something "inhumane" but "unelfish" or "unelven". Because everyone views things from their own perspective.

noisypixy and ElefantVerd like this.