Question death March Kara isekai

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by sivasms, Nov 12, 2018.

1. sivasms

sivasms Immortal novel Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys which is the better and the comprehensive version ln or wn and what is the difference between the two , I saw the anime which is up to my taste that is op mc ,great world setting , light atmosphere and story hope the ln or Wn version won't be dark if it isn't suggest me some op and assertive mc Donald's novels

2. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    3/4 of times ln is re-edition (plus minor changed of non enjoyable things) of wn and Ln have pictures

3. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    well you can think of it as the WN as the orange fruit . . . .
    and then LN is the orange juice?
    well. . . . .
    something like that. . .

Maraderchik, bluehall and sivasms like this.
  4. Jordan Furneaux

Jordan Furneaux Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Light Novel version of anything is always the canonical version of the story, an anime adaptation will always use the Light Novel so you're best to go with that. When a Web Novel gets a Light Novel adaptation it becomes something of a 'draft' version of the story, you can pretty much ignore it most of the time. The only reason some people would prefer a Web Novel is that in some cases there is more available in english at the time, however the Light Novel translation will catch up and surpass it eventually.

LOTRfreak101 likes this.
  5. Neigh

Neigh "Lich-King" "Harem-Fan" "Tragedy-Hater"

Reading List:
    Link
    WN is a Rough version of a Novel with some minior Problems, that are mostly solved in LN like Plot holes, spelling, some boring/unnecessary context or slightly more Context to help understand the Story. Not always but sometimes.

6. LOTRfreak101

LOTRfreak101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read the entirety of the LN version, but from what I've read the WN is the more enjoyable of the 2. the manga and anime change a few minor things as well and are even less enjoyable in my opinion, but the recent manga chapters have been pretty enjoyable. I am a huge fan of the wn though so there is some bias there, not to mention that it has the furthest release of any of them.

7. sivasms

sivasms Immortal novel Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    So people the final choice is ??? PS: WN has more rating than LN

8. Bakanogami

Bakanogami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd usually recommend the LN but in Death March's case I think I'd actually recommend the WN. The LN revises some stuff, but it also adds a lot of side arcs that I felt were not all that great compared to the rest of the story and made it drag, especially in the first part where the story was a bit slow anyway.

That being said, the WN eventually starts referencing those arcs in a they-happened-offscreen sort of way, so maybe it is better to read the LN, I dunno.