Discussion Death March to a parallel world rhapsody

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Baabaablack, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Baabaablack

Baabaablack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finish watching the anime adaption to death march and I think It’s a cheap adaption .

I watched to first four episodes in the English dub then watch up to the 11th in Japanese. I don’t care for the English dub actor for Sato. He sounds great as a 30 year old but as a 15 year old he can’t hit the emotional range in his voice register that he needs to sound convincing. What finally kicked me off the English dub was in episode 4 when they were voicing the crowd gearing up to stone Liza, Tama and Pochi. It reminded me that everyone in that scene was in a different sound booth when they started recording.

An other point of contention is (for me anyhow) that crew animating the series didn’t visually adapt anything to create the correct atmosphere. It was noticeable when Zena meets Sato after he saved her. She just pops up at the front door, sort of in love with Sato. (This is how it happened in the web novel but I feel that the anime should at given us an idea of what Sato looked like to her, Shojo sparkles and all).

The last thing the got me was the music in the anime. By episode 8 the music starts getting repetitive. It was a weird thing to notice the middle of the episode.

Do you agree, disagree? What are your thoughts on the adaption?

2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow your standards are high. For a sweatshop production, I don't see much wrong with it. Given that no one buys DVDs anymore, drop in quality is expected even Evangelion had budget constraints

Baabaablack and Chrono Vlad like this.
  3. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well for me the adaptation is in the acceptable range.

not good or bad just average good enough to kill time :blobsmirk: also kudos for the anime adaptation since it really followed the LN pretty well.

Baabaablack likes this.
  4. Baabaablack

Baabaablack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I supose I am picky. I really enjoyed reading the web novel and I was hoping for a higher production value.

5. Hugh Jerection

Hugh Jerection Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I'm concerned I just got to see some of the cute lolis animated and thats good enough for me. I never had any expectations for the show to begin with

6. swordsman

swordsman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i wasn't fond of the anime it was only passable. not good or bad. It's ok as a 2nd source for those who have read either LN or WN but as main source it sux. Stayed true to LN how is that? Level up, stats, abilities, conversations, mini-arcs, battles. Skipped out quite a lot as i remember.

7. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    The mini-arcs that you can read in WN are scrapped in the LN also the anime adaptation definitely followed the LN version BUT in simplified manner so that people who haven't read the novels can easily understand the flow of the story you can't obviously have everything in anime adaptation with only 20+ minutes limit per episode and it's main purpose is to promote the LN version.

8. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't really interested since it was the LN/Manga version being adapted rather than the WN, but the final nail in the coffin was them keeping Satou's inner monologues, those were ok in written form, not when voiced.

9. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bunch of negatives to say but it wasn't so bad.

The best part was when we see the girls. Characters like Tama and Pochi need some more personality animated, but the characters were good and that's quite nice already. They just probably need a better director for this.

10. Nylazir

Nylazir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, compared to the LN it’s lacking severely but as an anime it’s alright. Except, Satou sounds like a girl sometimes in subbed version...aii.