Spoiler Death Stranding ending review as a story

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Lazriser, Nov 19, 2019.

?

How would you rate Dead Stranding?

1. Chiral allergy reaction this game.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Delivery man simulator... the game.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. See the sunset~

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Extinction this story!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a beautiful experience, though the journey may not be the best there was, the ending was a happy ending. Cliff's story was a tragedy, like fuck! Killed multitudes for his country, and killed his comatose wife, because the country betrayed him, as he was forced to watch his still baby be taken away from him.

Hell, if the game had optional choices, I would have let him end the UCA, for having to do that to him and his family. Besides, it would be karma for continuing such a horrid project, but as karma still found it's way back in the form of former BB.

Best character would be Cliff and Sam, as Cliff was the bravest father and strongest soul I've seen in the story, as he came back from literally hell with a slice of hell with him, all just to reunite with his stolen son. Proud of Sam for letting his father finally rest in peace, and likely, I hope, reunite with Sam's mother, Lisa. Also glad Louise survived and became Sam's new adopted daughter and best partner during his Porter career in the game.

The world building remains to be elusive about outside the continent, but there are hints of what could likely be happening or was has happened. The rest of the characters felt a little dead, except for a particular few which Sam met, who all have their own tragic backstories. I like the side characters Deadman and Heartman the most, Fragile and the rest... still felt like NPC's.

Ah, and fuck EE 6 and John! The whole fucking mess could been avoided, if EE 6 just did what EE 6 was supposed to do. EE 6 was a mess of rational thinking and emotional outburst. John, fuck you. I understand your perspective, and yes, you were really trying your best for the Capt., but in my eyes, you don't deserve to be the President of UCA, after all the shit you and EE 6 caused to the whole world.

At least timefall is gone alongside the manifesting BT's. The Beaches, the Seam, and the EEs still linger on the other side, but that's a speculative scenario in the story's future.

Effugium likes this.
  2. pandaqueen

pandaqueen Immature Dork

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like some things were overexplained
    do they rly need to show such long ass cutscene to confirm that Cliff is Sam’s father? We could infer that few chapters back...and Cliff’s life reveal couldve been done another way - I personally love the snippets more than that info dump at the end

Some scenes were pretty cringe...
    Princess Beach ughhh

Most of it were nice... and I like how the story development impacts ur gameplay
    at first u r just uber delivery guy, later on they logically let u fight
    but there are things I wish they explain more

Effugium likes this.