Recommendations Decent mary sue stories

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Damsell in Distress, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    Heyoo, need help..
    Looking for some decent mary sue type story preferably with
    - one love interest so there's not gonna be some drama who gonna have MC
    - smart but also has common sense
    - an MC that doesn't show off in every turn possible
    - low key and become puppet master in the background instead

Now, preferably the story don't have:
    - racism, for example author bitching about other countries and how MC country is the victim who always got bully by every other nations in the world, especially murica
    - author that doesn't praise how perfect, beautiful, handsome, smart, fashionable, elegant, cold, alluring, bla..bla.. every time MC/ML shows up
    - brain got thrown out when MC meet ML and vice versa
    - retarded enemies that get trigger simply because MC breath the same air as they are

Thanks for the help

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  2. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... Is there such a novel? Can you give an example? Are you looking for a kingdom building novel?

3. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm..
    Not sure if it's can be consider mary sue
    To Be A Virtuous Wife and Eight Treasure Trousseau have this kind of FL
    They act as if nothing happen on the surface but they know and partly control things happening around them, even though author praise them now and then it's not very annoying somehow and when they meet ML thry still have their brain in their head even though they act all lovey dovey on the surface..

4. Malicre

Malicre Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ancient Godly Monarch ticks some of those boxes off and i won't go into spoilers but there's a point in the novel where the female lead gets her memories wiped so you would assume like most cultivation novels that this whole plot point would go on for hundreds of chapters but nope it pretty much gets resolved right then and there.

I should note that there IS a second love interest but it actually makes sense plot wise why the two women accept each other, let me know if you would like me to spoil it for you.

5. juic3

juic3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg, I just posted a thread looking for the same things as you. It’s so mind numbing to read about mary sue characters constantly showing off and face-slapping villains with no thinking skills.
    I have a few recommendations:
    -Tian Guan Ci Fu: It’s a BL and the MC is a bit of a mary sue but he has depth and is more humble/has some common sense. It’s one of my favorites and side characters actually get depth too. The plot is also interesting and angsty.
    -Death Progress Bar (BL): Super fun story. There aren’t really dumb villains and the plot is mostly about unraveling a mystery/fixing familial bonds. The CP is super cute and supportive of each other.
    -Mr. Melancholy Want to live a Peaceful Life (BL): Very good story. It’s lighthearted but has a well formed plot. The MC and ML are actually very OP but the author doesn’t constantly fawn over them and they have depth, side characters as well. The villains also aren’t stupid.