Delete NU account

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Itssalwa, Mar 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Itssalwa

Itssalwa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello may i ask uh uh Will deleting my NU account delete all the reviews I have made? I want to delete my acc because of personal reason :( well, if deleting my acc delete all my review plz somebody delete my acc :cry: but of it doesnt delete all my review let me know :(:cry:

2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    You can @Tony via a convo or a message in his profile.
    I would recommend asking for a perma-ban if you ever change your mind and want yo recover your account

AliceShiki and Nom de Plume like this.
  3. char

char Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are only wanting to delete your account because of a review that you made you could edit your review instead. Your edit could be used to erase all text and/or replace the text.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  4. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On NU main page click the drop down next to your user name
    Click User Profile
    Click Reviews
    Scroll to the bottom of the review you want to edit
    Click the Permalink link to jump to it (could be buried several pages in on some novels)
    Click Edit under your profile picture
    Optionally you can click Report and ask for it to be deleted, I don't know if it's a moderator thing or the great Tony himself goes through them.

I don't recommend deleting your account entirely, times change and you might want to come back.
    Just open up a notepad document and mash your hands on the keyboard, then change your password to that and log out so you can recover it later.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  5. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    How bad are your reviews that you need to delete your account?

WTH DID YOU WRITE?

Nom de Plume and essme like this.
  6. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But your reviews are delightful. Why would you want to delete them? :blobsad:

Nom de Plume likes this.
  7. aegis062

Reading List:
    Link
    now you got me all curious. *goes to look*

@Itssalwa now I get it most of your reviews are hot or cold with either 5 stars or 1 stars and few with 3 stars, but that's no reason to delete your account.

I don't usually give reviews, but when I do I rarely give 5 stars to Chinese novels most have never reached that quality yet. I think the only novel that I gave 5 stars was The world online mostly because it suits my taste.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    Nom de Plume likes this.
  8. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't delete your account. Your reviews aren't that bad. If anything, they are straightforward and cool. Just to try to edit them if you want. That's all. :blob_patpat:

Nom de Plume likes this.
  9. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have someone else trying to use the account or need some time away? Why not put an alert on your calendar to not read novels until x day or something? Or is it an issue with your reviews or reading lists? You can edit these! Maybe someone found you through your account name? Tony allows a one time free name change. You have a lot of options. If you still decide to delete your account, that’s okay too.

10. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda makes me guilty because I'm the opposite lol. It's not that my taste is trash, but I try to lower and by lower, I mean LOWER, my standards when it comes to chinese web novels. Which is why I give 4 and 5 stars easily.

aShinyVaporeon and Nom de Plume like this.
  11. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Even some ‘bad’ novels seem to have good points such as character development. My lowest reviews these days are when the author sets up a good premise only to slap me with my own expectations, throw characters at me that have turned to bad eggs, throw the corpses of the main characters onto my lawn, and overall mutilate any progress their own novels have made. Such abuse to their own novels and readers is unforgivable. justabotwork

I’ve read quite a few 1-2 star novels over the past year and I feel like I’ve given more 3-4 star reviews to otherwise subpar novels, just for the author following through with a somewhat legible story. :justabotow:

So I understand being a little forgiving with the stars.

aShinyVaporeon likes this.
  12. aegis062

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand Chinese novels don't have quality writing standards most western countries do, but I also understand that most of these novel are either translated by fans who are trying their best or being translated by Companies like Qidian who MTL the shit out of novels and hire crappy editors to fix machine errors and mistranslation.

Basically Chinese translated work don't have standards and thus expecting them to be a certain quality is a fantasy in its self so when I rate a novel which is rare I have to like it or it at least has to be interesting to me so that I recommend it.

Even if a novel is bad I refrain from giving it 1 star because 1 star means much more than bad story no novel should have 1 star unless bad grammar, bad character or plot, terrible dialogue or unnatural and force dialogue between character is a thing. at least 3-4 things have to be wrong in the novel for 1 star to occur. It could be that the story and plot are well done, but how the author delivers his idea are not up to par.

Most bad reviews I've seen usually blame the author for having a character that the reader didn't like and that's fine you don't have to like every novel, but at least giving the novel a fair review not just giving it 1 star and a paragraph long rant of anger vomit.

A review should consist of things you liked and things you didn't like. <---a good balance with no anger vomit.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  13. Nom de Plume

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbf, I could go on some very long rants about Hunger Games characters I don’t like. I think it has more to do with them being webnovels with loose publishing restrictions and sometimes little editing than to do with it being chinese. Have you ever browsed fanfiction.net in it’s heyday? :blobflag: The problems in the writing related to culture do exist, but they don’t have anything to do with grammar. :blob_blush:

I do fully agree that a one-star review should be comprehensive rather than focusing on a single negative aspect. :bloblove:

aegis062 likes this.
  14. aegis062

Reading List:
    Link
    I say grammar because there is a lot of misspelling, but I get it translating isn't easy.

I don't read fanfics. I can't say much about fanfiction sites, but I am sure there is a lot of terrible writers out there, but in their defense most of them are kids or teens that just started writing and fanfic writing could be counted as practice.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  15. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this has gone offtopic a while ago. for shame Nom.

@Itssalwa like other people have mentioned, you can simply edit the review to remove them. If you truly want to delete your account, you'd have to ask @Tony . If you want to be able to come back just in case you change your mind, ask for a perma-ban instead, because it can be reversed.

Nom de Plume likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.