Discussion Demon Slayer - Kimetsu no Yaiba ending.

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Kronos, May 17, 2020.

1. Kronos

Kronos Mum's SwagYeti

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, my fellow cultured netizens.

Manga is officially complete.

Been a fairly long journey (200+ chapters).

Though I would've liked more, like more details of how the main cast lived in the aftermath, I'm glad that the author knew when to end the series and not dragged it on.

It's been a good few years staying tuned with the series.

2. SwordDrake

SwordDrake Slice of Life Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh the last chapter felt pretty redundant. Showing new characters that I don't have attachments to for closure doesn't give me the sense of fulfillment that I get at the end of great Mangas. (Even though it is meant to show or imply reincarnation)

P.S. I feel that Tanjiro should have died

mlongue and Kronos like this.
  3. RenAshdoll

RenAshdoll God of the Wired

Reading List:
    Link
    well, it is a rushed ending, the Author no longer able to work as a mangaka for now due to a situation with her parents, and has had to leave Tokyo as a result.

Airlol likes this.
  4. Kronos

Kronos Mum's SwagYeti

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I feel there should've been another chapter before the last chapter.
    Like multiple time skips of a few years between Tanjiro recovering, marrying, kids, and a peaceful funeral.

I don't particularly dislike the last chapter due to the reincarnation aspect and seeing the dead pillars having a happy ending is quite wholesome.

5. Chronos Bee

Chronos Bee Descendant of Sloth

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait what? Can you elaborate?

6. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author was a she? Not that it really matters... or does it, like affect the overall draft in the story?
    I had a hunch it felt rushed, because they could have develop each important character's death in arcs, rather than nigh total annihilation in the last arc. I actually liked the demons backstories, as their "arcs" felt longer than the slayers.

Share her Twitter link for recent news, please!

7. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    in the first place, the part where tanjirou got defeated was too short to even be good, and I feel confused about the ending. They showed descendants with close likeliness to the characters in the manga, but theres no proof that they are actually related. The sibling relationship also kind of confused me. Nezuko is now zenitsu's sister?(sure, they became a family like zenitsu wanted lol) who is tanjirou's brother? not only that, is the researcher inosuke? did his personality completely change? i was looking foward to a ending with wrapped up the 2nd last chapter, or a continuation of the omake kimetsu yaiba high school chapters, but i got none if that. it just felt that i read a one-shot of kimetsu no yaiba in an alternate universe.
    i now know the author had real life issues to deal with hence the abrupt ending, but I cant help feeling this way about the storyline.

so...
    uhm...
    nezuko became zenitsu's sister and is lovey Dovey with tanjirou's brother, kanao??
    it's really confusing.
    I want to hug inosuke, hes extremely cute. muichirou got his twin back, giyuu and fellow disciples live a good and cute life. shinobu got back her sister. Snake guy and love girl best ship(yes marriage)
    also side note but tanjirou got mad parkour skills

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    Kronos and Hmntlzn like this.
  8. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    The ending wasn't bad.... but I definitely feel there was a lot of missed potential.

Personally I'd have liked to see Tanjiro become a Demon but retain his sense of self and defeat Muzans emotions. The we could have had a heavy Epilogue or conclusion in which the evil was eliminated but we had Tanjiro the now cursed Hero. It have been nice to see him become a sort of eternal protector against evil as he lives forever.

Thats just me though.

9. zeroknight

zeroknight [Death to All Harem Novels] [Dumb MCs' Hater]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah....the ending's not really too bad. I just felt that its a pity that the 24 pages limit them and kinda want more information for the chapter 204 and 205

10. Shiro-Tensei

Shiro-Tensei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like there could been more done at the end, like chapter 205 would have been more of a epilogue than a last chapter if 204 hadn’t have that last frame with a modern city landscape or something. Though I did like ending.

Any chances that there could be something like .5 chapters?

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  11. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was hoping that the ending would take at least two or three chapters cause it feels a bit rushed.like i want another chapter between 204 and 205 that explains their life. Ch 205 is a wonderful ending though

12. giyuuwu

giyuuwu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I, personally, liked the ending TuT
    ahh i wanna cry
    I DIDNT WANT TO SAY BYE BYE TTUTT
    obamitsu heck yaaayyy! ahh the panel with the water children was *ugly sobbing*
    Im emotionally wreckt ouch need to read angst and fluff

13. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    To me as long as it didn't end bad was good enough for me. And it was satisfying so all is well in my books.

14. PomeloCloud

PomeloCloud We all need to pass the hydration test

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understood, the ending characters are descendants of the main characters. And there were pairings too... Like Zenitsu x Nezuko, their genes are passed to their grandchildren (they look similar).

I am quite satisfied with the ending despite being rushed. Maybe in the future, there will be spin-offs.