Short Story Demoting Husband to Concubine

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by RebirthofNovel, Oct 31, 2016.

1. RebirthofNovel

RebirthofNovel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Semi-conscious, Chu Yang felt a sharp pain in his chest. Every breath felt like a thousand steel needles fiercely stabbing at his heart, so painful that he tightly frowned. He slowly opened heavy eyelids, but was stunned by the scene that came into view.

White marble table-tops, red sandalwood chairs, golden pillars, silk brocade marble beds; the resplendent great hall was extremely luxurious. In the corner sat a purple-gold twisted-wire furnace which is an extremely expensive antique; at the window were two 1-meter-tall red corals which were even more precious and almost extinct in the TTNH era; in addition, the wall was embedded with night pearls, so many that it was overwhelming.

Chu Yang couldn’t help but be stunned. The TTNH society would have furnishing but not so quaintly old-fashioned. Even the palace halls of the Forbidden Palace in Lower three heavens might not be as out of fashion as this.

“Your majesty, this humble servant requests that your Majesty grants Prince Lin Feng as my husband and Chu Yang as concubine…”

A cold female voice traveled to his ear, destroying the pleasant surprise brought about by the scene in front of him. Chu Yang turned towards the direction of the voice and saw a woman dressed in purple-red brocade robes standing on the red carpet, in the middle of the big hall. Her hair, like black silk, was tied up using a purple-gold crown. Her expression calm, her young face handsome beyond comparison, and sharp gaze, ruthless.
    Chu Yang felt a thud in his head and received a sudden influx of foreign memories, coalescing rapidly with his original memories. He couldn’t believe it, but had no choice but to admit – his soul had traveled.

The owner of this body is also named Chu Yang and is the Son of the first husband in the house of the marquis. He had been engaged to Princess ling, Su Ling, from young. Three years ago, Princess ling led an army to the borders against the enemy while Chu Yang bitterly waited in the capital city. And this world is different in the way they treat male and female, Females are the dominant forces and also had harem whereas males were treated as things used to warm the bed

After finally waiting for his fiance to return, unexpectedly, she had returned together with the Prince of Mobei, Lin Feng. She had even publicly requested to marry Lin Feng as her first husband in front of all the court officials and their families during the welcome home banquet, demoting Chu Yang to concubine. He was caught off guard. Shocked and angry, his old illness relapsed and he died.

In order to give the title of first husband to Lin Feng, Su Ling unscrupulously used her military accomplishments to request that the Empress allow the marriage. But what wrong did Chu Yang do? He had only obeyed his parents’ wishes to get engaged with Su Ling. He did not even have a chance to speak to his fiance before she had demoted him into a lowly concubine. His ego as the son of a prestigious family was stamped upon heartlessly into the ground.

Sharpness gleaned Chu Yang’s eyes. Facing everyone’s looks of sympathy, pity, ridicule, disdain and gloating, He slowly raised her head towards Su Ling, “I have an engagement with you first, Princess Yuyan’s political marriage came second. Don’t you think that you are too much to have me demoted to concubine?” (F*uck with this setting created by the author how can a woman have a harem and have him the TTNH sword master as a mere concubine)

Astonished looks fell upon Chu Yang. Su Ling is a war princess and has many military achievements. Even all the court officials would give in and respect her. Chu Yang is only a sickly boy still in his boudoir, and he had dared to mercilessly reprimand her. How audacious!

The middle-aged Empress sitting on the golden throne also raised her head and looked towards Chu Yang calmly. Her sharp and majestic gaze hiding behind white jade tassel, faintly discernible.

Chu Yang turned a blind eye to all these and coldly stared at Su Ling.
    “Lin Feng is the Queen of Mobei’s most favorite prince. If He is concubine, it would be a humiliation to Mobei. The two countries, Qingyan and Mobei, will definitely go to war again!” Su Ling coldly answered without even sparing him a look. Her brow revealed a hint of casualness and annoyance.

Chu Yang begged to differ, and coldly said, “Qingyan is strong as a country with sufficient military strength. If Mobei dares to attack, just send troops to destroy them. Why should the Princess be scared of them?”

“I am not afraid of going to war. I just do not want our border soldiers to die without reason!” Su Ling turned around, and condescendingly looked down upon Chu Yang, coldness showing all around the tips of her eyes and brows. “If both countries can settle war through a political marriage, why should we still need to have an intense war and sacrifice so many soldiers?”

Mobei’s army is aggressive and will not easily surrender. If they agree to a peace treaty and a political marriage, it is likely that the three years of war had caused them heavy losses such that they need to rest and rejuvenate. Even if Lin Feng became concubine, they will be vexed and angry, and they will harshly criticize, but they will not easily send troops to the border. Su Ling and Mobei have been at war for three years and she definitely knows full well Mobei’s predicament but she still used peace between both countries as an excuse. It is really because she likes Lin Feng and wishes to take him as his first husband!

Chu Yang’s mouth upturned with a touch of ridicule, and coldly looked at Su Ling, “The princesses of the royal family are all young and capable. The nobles of the capital have also many young and talented women. Princes Lin Feng can marry any one of them and form a good relationship between the two countries. He does not have to marry you who already have a marriage agreement.”

Su Ling act of mercilessly demoting Chu Yang as concubine in the great hall is simply humiliating him and not giving any respect to him as her fiance. The original person was angered to death by Su Ling; He as the precious son of a first husband in a prestigious family will not allow anyone to bully him!

“When both countries came to a truce, the Queen of Mobei had asked that I personally take care of Prince Lin Feng. I had agreed!” Su Ling calmly said, her voice calm and unwavering.

A small condition in return for twenty years of peace between Qingyan and Mobei seems like a very good deal. Su Ling is marrying Lin Feng for the sake for the entire Qingyan. Demoting Chu Yang to concubine is because she has no other choice. If he continues to reprimand Su Ling, then he will be considered selfish and unappreciative.

In a few words, she had rebuked his criticism. Su Ling’s methods are really to the point and unfathomable. Her reputation as the goddess of war is well deserved! But he, Chu Yang, is also not a weak goat up for slaughter, He schemed even against the smartest Diwu Qing Rou in TTNH so how can he be taken down by this, “In that case, Princess Ling and Prince Lin Feng’s marriage cannot be stopped and has no way of changing?”

Looking into Chu Yang’s cool eyes that were like deep pools, Su Ling’s heart clenched, as though something surprising was about to happen. She frowned, and coldly said, “Of course!”

“In that case, I request that the engagement with Princess Ling be annulled!”

As soon as he said that, the crowd was in an uproar. Chu Yang wants to break off the engagement and not marry the princess of war who is young and talented and has many military achievements? Is he muddled from his sickness? Qingyan has many young and talented women, but it is impossible to find one who is as accomplished as Su Ling! Even as her concubine, he will be better off marrying her than marrying another as first husband.

A glean of surprise appeared in Su Ling’s eyes. When she had decided to ask the Empress to grant marriage, she had envisaged all sorts of reactions Chu Yang would have and had already thought of all sort of countermeasures. However, she did not expect that he would actually suggest annulling the engagement. Her blade-like brow flicked up slightly, and she coldly said, “No way!”

Chu Yang coldly questioned, “Why not?”

Su Ling lowered her eyelids, “If it is annulled, your reputation will be affected…”

“In front of so many people, Princess Ling demoted me to concubine without any mercy, making me the laughingstock of the capital. My reputation has already been utterly destroyed,” Chu Yang coldly interrupted, derision showing all around the tips of his eyes and brows.

“Are you blaming me?” Su Ling looked at Chu Yang, danger flashing in her eyes.

“I dare not! I only ask that Prince Ling annul the marriage agreement. We each can marry and no longer have any ties!” Chu Yang casually answered with hints of derision and perfunctoriness.

Parody based on TTNH, PMG, The Evil Prince and his Precious Wife: The Sly Lady

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    That title.

vlue likes this.
  3. Reaper1710

Reaper1710 Greatest mass murderer (Undead)

Reading List:
    Link
    Good story

4. gallantkun

gallantkun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please continue this story

5. Genryaku

Genryaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's well written, you wrote this?

6. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm weirdly intrigued.. please continue writing the story.

CookieMonster likes this.
  7. RebirthofNovel

Reading List:
    Link
    Parody based on TTNH, PMG, The Evil Prince and his Precious Wife: The Sly Lady

8. RebirthofNovel

Reading List:
    Link
    Real Story with Female MC (I just changed males to female and vice versa, its an interesting story give it a try; Its at Princess Wei Yang level)
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-evil-prince-and-his-precious-wife-the-sly-lady/

9. Lantyne

Lantyne [Apathetic Syndrome Stage 5] [Incurable] [Doom]

Reading List:
    Link
    *munch on popcorn* so wheres the rest of the stories? Btw Chu Yang is so cute in this. Will his wish would be granted thou?

10. Lantyne

Lantyne [Apathetic Syndrome Stage 5] [Incurable] [Doom]

Reading List:
    Link
  11. tehrealone

tehrealone 『Lurker』

Reading List:
    Link
    I am mildly intrigued.

This scene feels like its building up to a engage breakup powerup trope.

12. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    This could totally be a futa x male story. I approve.

Also:
    it should say that Qingyan has many young and talented women

RebirthofNovel likes this.
  13. MaidChan

MaidChan 『Battlemaid』 『TRAP』 『Homeless Maid』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wut da...

14. RinYang

RinYang Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ..... MORE!!

15. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    Those people mocking the King of Hell Chu/ Imperial Minister Chu/ Divine Doctor Chu Yang like this... truly courting death!!! KIll off their nine generation in the realm of firmament!!!

16. Callista Soo

Callista Soo LiveInTheMoment

Reading List:
    Link
    No it's different. The title isn't the evil prince and his precious wife

17. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    If possible, change 'TTNH' to 'Nine Heavens' (Name of the TTNH world). Also, replace prince with 'prince consort'.

18. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    Sly Lady gender bend? I'm interested in more....
    What I want to ask is:
    Is there gonna be a pink sedan chair?

19. JustaReader

JustaReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This... is actually interesting. I generally dislike reverse harem (preference because growing up) but this is interesting. I like it cause from the guys perspective of a reverse harem and he is fighting against it. Would also like a story like this from a girls perspective but I don't think I would find one as suitable as this.
    *EDIT*
    Pretty sure there are girl versions etc but this one (your story) just appeals to my tastes.....

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  20. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    After been cornered at his ancestor cemetery, He saw a girl who look very similar to someone in his past life, Mo Qingwu... He also got chased by a fellow soldier, a female emperor for a large kingdom and also a princess of a fallen kingdom