Discussion Depression/anxiety

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Vilidious

Vilidious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with most you say, but escapism has its uses and can tide people over the worst of times. When things get back on track, it will naturally lose much of its appeal.

... especially when you have seen all tropes too often, read too good novels, and most content becomes dull...

Jojo775 and Ignus like this.
  2. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    Yah, thats alot of it in a nutshell.
    Some, drugs work for, when they have a chemical imbalance...
    But for the rest, they have given up on life for some reason.

Personally, it takes alot of support from friends and family to help out these people, especially since they try to withdraw from society, friends and family.

Vilidious likes this.
  3. Ignus

Reading List:
    Link
    LoL, so true, unless you become professional.
    Learn to cycle through Fanfics, xianxia, youtube, anime, conspiracy theories, movies, comics, trolling on twitter, where by the time you start the cycle again, the next harry potter fan fic feels fresh again.

Vilidious, Jojo775 and OceanMagix like this.
  4. Beltran

Beltran Seafarer

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually, what the therapists offer is an opportunity or something for the patient to focus on. A strong support system, like from the family is a must. Routine and small victories are important.

But even with all that, there are days when you simply relapse. You feel an especially bad day and do nothing. Then at the end of that bad day, you'll feel the absolute worst about yourself because you relapsed. It's a shitty cycle, some people, even with years of therapy, never fully heal. Some never will, all you could hope for is that you manage the worst symptoms so that you won't get the worst outcomes.

Sehnsucht and OceanMagix like this.
  5. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm a friend can work. Someone with similar experience but has worked their issues to be exact. A boyfriend can do too as well. Did she start being suicidal ? If not then her issue is easier than you're thinking. Try to understand what part of herself that she's not satisfied with. That's the first job you need to do.

6. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    This from exp?

Ignus likes this.
  7. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You definitely are. Love is a gamble, even for immortals or demons. It's just these supernatural beings have a sneak peek on which tips the scales to their favor, but indeed, love is a gamble.

LOVE IS WAR! LOVE IS WAR! LOVE IS WAR!

OceanMagix likes this.
  8. Nara

Nara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She refuse to go to school?
    She probably get bullied or something like that...
    And her parents doesn't want to force her to go out?
    I can't say force her to change is good, but if you don't do that it's going to become worse. But of course there's a possibility that she will be cured on her own as time went by, yet it depends on her environment.
    You don't have to force her directly, just force her indirectly like emptying food stock in home so she have to go buy food or something like that?
    And last but not least, get her a cute pet
    :blobsnow:

OceanMagix likes this.
  9. Ignus

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. Not getting married does have it's perks.

10. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    When I had very bad depression, my therapist put me on anti-depressants first to help with the chemical imbalance. After that started working, the therapist had more to work with since I was willing to talk more and we were able to figure out the causes and proper responses. Also, I was able to find one or two really good friends during that time when I was on the anti-depressants. They didn't judge me, didn't try to force me to go out or do anything before I was ready. They were just a constant emotional support which really helped.

11. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you though I wouldn't call it a perk.

12. Silv0

Silv0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Give her an incentive to leave the house. Maybe find some event related to fashion or makeup or any other of her interests. Or maybe a pet that she would have to take outside regularly. Just going to a environment different from home should help a bit with her depression. If she has a major anxiety that relates to people take her to look at scenery in a quiet and remote location. It helps me when I've been at home too long. Unfortunately since I moved to a desert 3 years ago there isn't much scenery for me to enjoy... just rocks...

13. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    If she's obsessed with something and not interested in anything else, there is a good chance that she is one of those geniuses that can't be measured by the general populace's standards. You know, like savants, except savants generally are especially retarded in the socializing department, making her unwilling to meet people who would look down on her skills. So instead of forcing her to go to school, it's probably better to send her to a specialized trade school where she can learn what she wants to do and become very good at it. There are schools that offer courses on celebrity or SFX makeups. Try those.

In many cases, it's not depression. It's just normal people can't understand them. And since they don't have life experience, they don't know a way out. As a school teacher who also part timed as a school counsellor, Ai-chan has encounter a few of these kids.

Nara likes this.
  14. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Give her BL!!!!!! :blobowoevil_horns:

Seriously though, escaping to a healthy fantasy is recommended.
    Especially if the story she reads is about chasing your dreams.
    Getting out of the house etc
    Of course, subtlety is best when conditioning someone:blobamused:

15. Alexander Valdimir

Alexander Valdimir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey motherfucker, don't be casually saying that you should send someone in the front line when your fucking ass never been there. Plus nowadays entering the military definitely does not guarantee a free shipment there. Going to Afghanistan for example, even going there is rare, even in NATO countries and a few other independent countries. And when you're there, unless you're a operator, forget about going on mission nowadays, you'll just be station at a base chilling. And when you're back at home, Guess what, You're gonna be doing the most retarded things in life all because some guy who's incompetent is still higher ranking than you because he doesn't want to leave. And if shit does happen, You'll deal with more shit in your head than having your asstorn by a cactus while it being shove up by your fucking ex.