Discussion Descent of the God of Magic picked up again

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ChickenBakuba, Jan 8, 2018.

?

Current rating of Descent of the God of Magic so far?

1. 5

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. 5

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. I'm gonna read it

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenBakuba

ChickenBakuba Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey I've decided to pick up Descent of the God of Magic as my main project ^^ I've always found this novel interesting and I thought it was a shame that wuxialovers dropped it (Chapters 1-6 can be found there) there were many laments about the drop so i decided to pick it up

The mc isn't extraordinarily smart or anything but he knows his shit and what he's doing. He also stays level-headed which is one of the things that reminds of me of Leylin from WMW. The fight scenes are also really epic so do check it out.

I've already translated chapters 7-9 (10 coming soon) and they'll be released on isohungrytls soon. There will probably be multiple mistakes (different names of magic spells and stuff) since I don't have an editor so it'll be helpful if you can sound out little careless mistakes in the comments section.

Every chap is rly long, 2.5k words on average (normal chap is a little less than 1k) so releases won't be as frequent as daily.

p.s. it's from qidian so chapters may be taken down anytime, let's walk this dangerous path together :D

Edit: Chapters have been released on https://isohungrytls.com/descent-god-magic have fun reading bois

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Zeraphin, Blitz, Zeckzen and 4 others like this.
  2. yorozuyaginchan

yorozuyaginchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for picking this up:)

3. Jr194

Jr194 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck ^_^

4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuck the establishment:blobhighfive:

Wick likes this.
  5. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    the only place that Qidian doesnt reach yet is Dark Web~

Wick likes this.
  6. ChickenBakuba

Reading List:
    Link
    Amen brother

SoulZer0 likes this.
  7. IICreation

IICreation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    doesnt qidan either take over the novel or give the current translator a deal to translate said story? i mean if you are translating without being payed wouldnt having qidan reach out to u be a good thing? i mean u get to translate and get money? of course u would have to reach a quota which would be stressful o3o

8. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of audience refuse to read it since it's on Qidian

9. ChickenBakuba

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah what you said is true and all, but, well, qidian is rather aggressive in their ways of doing things. There are numerous issues with the contract they produce for translators, and there have been numerous complaints. I think this quote from a post sums it up 'you don't even get to touch the end of the stick unless qidian beats you with it' (https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/qi-contract.37773/)

Another issue is that they have allegedly tried to steal other translators' works (https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/licensing-issues-of-wuxiaworld.37613/) and while I understand that they do reserve the rights to do so, it's rather frustrating the way they aggressively take down fan supported translators. You can try search for the history of qidian of how they came to be on reddit, apparently they almost took down wuxiaworld

Not trying to hate or anything, but their blatant and underhanded approach isn't smth to be supported

On the other hand I do admit to using their app cause you can download and read offline haha *shrug* i do respect their translators' choices and all, though I believe they can receive similar results from fan supports through patreons

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  10. IICreation

IICreation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea i guess there approach is aggreisve though i dont see why people dont like to read works just because its on qidan. Tbh i guess to them translators are people they can easily replace since there a pretty big company/whatever they are

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.