LCD Advent of the Archmage (formerly known as "Descent of the God of Magic")

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by userunfriendly, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a joke on how in Naruto Shadow clones were used to solve everything at one point: a crutch if you like.
    Thesis solves everything in this novel.
    Instead of plot armor we got thesis armor

2. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Vance battle...:p

3. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Nana is the best girl!:p

(She's also an unmatched killing machine...part of her charm, desu)

4. Seraphim

Seraphim 天使の王

Reading List:
    Link
    I am binging this, and I am current at chapter 156... There they kept saying DUKE DUKE DUKE DUKE when in earlier chapters it was VISCOUNT VISCOUNT VISCOUNT VISCOUNT. So which is it? Is his family a Duke or a Viscount?

5. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can some give me a spoiler on how the romance is going to end up? Polygamy/Harem? Or no?

6. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    at the end, I think he becomes the new god of magic. Apparently something happened to the old gods, and it's mentioned later on, Eliard will join the ranks of the gods. After defeating the Demon king, he returns to meet the princess of the dragons, and Celine. It's pretty much implied he is together with either or both of them. Harem, I think.

Enjoy. :D

7. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. What of Lucy and Herrera?

8. EricBannen

EricBannen √[To Read or Not to Read]

Reading List:
    Link
    The part with Herrera was so frustrating... It's almost like the MC says please don't let me see you even though you are gorgeous... Such shitzu stuff gets me all irked up

9. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    Care to go into detail? Please use spoiler box if needed.

10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I missed that part in lnmtl...

+1

11. EricBannen

Reading List:
    Link
    I am talking about stuff that has already been translated... The part where Herrera is unaware of human customs and gender bias... So, she is like "au natural" and Link is like please cover yourself!! As though it was hurting his eyes

12. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobtired::blobcheeky: I thought by "don't let me see you" you meant parting ways forever as in the answer to my spoiler question. But yeah, I find that aspect of her to not make much sense and the author did it just for fanservice. The author also isn't very consistent with her angel persona as there are parts where she doesn't listen to Link's(the Chosen One) warnings and like when they push that lack of common human sense troupe to the side and have her act like a normal human.

EricBannen likes this.
  13. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she is supposed to be a human though. If my memory is right Herrera was born and raised as a normal human and then one day she heard the light god and he told her she was an angel and that she had to help the chosen one. This whole time I have seen her more a a joan of arc character instead of a full fledged angel.

Personally I think the author isn't very consistent with the whole good and evil thing. Every time dark magic or demons appear he will talk about how evil these things are and how a good person shouldn't come into contact with it. Heck he even promised Herrera that he wouldn't be involved with all of it but once one of his dark allies come around then its completely ignored. Ignoring the demon princess I can understand but I doubt Herrera or anyone else would but what about Vance? He captured, experimented(probably tortured in process), and killed thousands for his research and Link preaches justice and light so much that he is going to just let him go? With how much jumping around Link does the author should have made him a shade of grey instead of repeatedly trying to make everything in the story black or white.

Also there seems to be some confusion in the LCD. We got off track after spoilers were asked about Lucy and Herrera being a part of the harem. I'm guessing though that with how much Link jumps around we won't have any real romance in the story but will be a conclusion chapter that just says they got together. We will have more luck with an actual romance/harem route waiting for Link to bring Dorias(the wind tiger) more female wind tigers. That perverts the only one thats going to get any type of luck.

EricBannen and Cosmic_ like this.
  14. EricBannen

Reading List:
    Link
    Dorias is super cute... He deserves a harem... Honestly Link would not know of his harem while being right in the centre of it...:blobamused::blobjoy::blobjoy:

Wujigege likes this.
  15. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    The author is just killing the suspense. He did not need to tell us what the headmaster gave him.
    Barely 20% of the story and the protagonist is already the strongest that ever existed..

16. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    My favorite part of the story is the quests. A quest to find Dorias a mate would be cool.
    Sadly, there hasn't been any quests recently. I hope this isn't the type of story where the author forgets a plot device.
    I am losing my patience with the story already

17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    More quests coming up...

including where he goes back in time!

18. Niselitz

Niselitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am currently reading this novel and I am in chapter 161... I just want to ask something.... Is the MC here unintentionally making a harem?? or is he going to choose one?? It must one of the blessing of the God of Light that he meet those beauties.....Well this is bugging me as I read this novel thats why I post it...

I will go back on this thread once I am on the latest chapter so I would not be spoiled hehe

19. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Today's chapters feature some nice battle sequence. :D

20. zenorth

zenorth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

There goes my Herrera and Link's ship :(:(