Resolved Desolate Era

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by DiabolicGod, Nov 19, 2018.

?

Did you temporarily drop DE at least once while reading it?

1. Yes, because it got stale.

12 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Yes, because the release rate was too slow to keep me interested

9 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Yes, because I didn't like the plot with his wife dying

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Yes, because of other reasons (DE is shit!/Too boring/worse than 0815 xianxias (german))

11 vote(s)
    27.5%
  5. No

18 vote(s)
    45.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have already finished reading DE once, but because it got so boring/stale around the middle or because the translations were too slow (I don't remember which one), I had it on hold for a while and only continued reading it when it was approaching the end. However, I straight up skipped quite a few volumes (whole ninedust, alchemist etc volumes) and skimmed through a few other parts. Now I am completely rereading it, but I want to know who exactly the godking is (volume ~20 i guess). I had already read the part I am at now, but I didn't read until the end of the war of the three realms.

TL;DR: Who is the Godking and what happened in the great war where Daoist Threelives supposedly died?

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Err. I dropped it multiple times to let chapters stack for awhile. It wasn't because the release rate was "too slow to keep me interested," but because I preferred binge reading it. I almost always prefer that over chapter-to-chapter reading.

Falhrus, djsosonut and Archaic pickle like this.
  3. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Just push through it, I dropped it while reading it because I wanted chapters to stack up.

4. Johnnycabra

Johnnycabra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    godking is imprisoned for eternity in a sort of purgatory by ji ning. godking was the student of demon heart cultivator, the real villian behind the three realms war. actually, that war has no real relevance in the story other than just an intro into the novel. God king side is a universe that collided with the three realms and sort of fused. the war was about what laws dominate but in reality, demon heart tricked everyone to fight so he could get stronger and escape the dao. in the end ji ning becomes ancestor or something and kills him. then he seals godking in purgatory for eternity due to him killing his wife true soul.

this is why these begining arcs are kind of boring. the other realm become irrelevent after the war but they are sworn in to the three realms with an oath to never betray it. the true bad guys are invaders of another cosmos. think of desolate era as a super void with 12 galaxys (cosmos) all seperated. in these galaxies are sector, star clustors, orbits, ect. each galaxy can only have one ruler and so far, only one galaxy has achieved a ruler. that galaxy has a person who wants to be a ruler so he invaded ji ning galaxy to become a ruler because it is the weakest.

doaist three lives died in the first war of the two collided universes. he only comes in to play in the last chapter when they praise him for having ji ning the ruler of the cosmos "desolate era" as a student when ji ning goes on a riviving spree.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    DiabolicGod likes this.
  5. DiabolicGod

Reading List:
    Link
    and who is he?
    is the Godking Daoist Threelives? since he was also called godking

6. Johnnycabra

Johnnycabra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no, he is just some guy who died in the first war when the three realms collided with that other realm.

DiabolicGod likes this.
  7. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Release rate made me drop it for a while. Sometimes I read it everyday but then there were other times where I read it once a week/month.

Actually, I do that to most of the novels I read. I try to stack at least 10 for novels that don't release everyday. Sometimes I need to wait more than 3 months since the release rate on some novels are just slow.

DiabolicGod likes this.
  8. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I ended up dropping it towards the end. I can only learn to like so many characters until IET discards them so many times

9. DiabolicGod

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, I read this.
    thanks, this is what I wanted to know
    I kept having this thought process in the back of my mind that tried to remember what was the cause of the great war and who the godking was etc, while I was reading DE just now :notlikeblob::blobspy:

10. kkchaitu

kkchaitu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, curious how the release rate was “slow”?? Can any one of you elaborate?? I recall there being two chapters almost daily.

11. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped it during the second to last volume because the war was getting tedious and repetitive. Ended up just reading the last few chapters instead.

12. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    i quit...resumed....quit again....resumed....now abandoned it....i have no idea what the story is about at all....