LCD Destroyer of Ice and Fire

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by IRainstorm, Jul 29, 2017.

1. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    *is poked*

Sadly, cvquake seems to have been waylaid by life and doesn't seem to be returning soon. I'm looking for a replacement translator and welcome applications!

2. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat pat*

Thanks for the update.

3. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's alive!

jolly-crow likes this.
  4. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    *knok knok*
    "Who is there?"

someone had to do it ...

Welcome and looking forward!

jolly-crow and Ingenuity like this.
  5. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yaaay

jolly-crow likes this.
  6. jolly-crow

jolly-crow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad it's back!
    I hope brave warrior cvquake is a-ok regardless of this.

7. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't just mess with the hair and live to tell the tale.

8. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tortle will go nom nom?

9. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C4: Well, that happened sooner than I thought it would. I figured he'd get his bloodline at the end of the first arc at the earliest. Also figured he'd get more than one since there were five marks.

C6: If the man is that easy to offend, then what is even the point in trying not to offend him? You might as well tell him to go f' himself whenever you feel like it. It's not like it'd change the way he treated you.

C7: I hope this gets interesting soon.

C8: I hope Moss disappears soon. If he doesn't want to blame himself for acting out in class, then he should just blame the teacher for being an a**hat. Characters that insist on blaming the MC for everything are annoying. Of course, I'll die of shock if he actually does just disappear in the near future. It's much more likely that he'll be converted into the MC's follower or something equally cliche.

If he was that hungry, why didn't he just leave? The class wasn't useful for him anyway, and it's not like the teacher would hate him any less or treat him any better if he stayed.

Since the competition requires five people, and the MC has only met four people, I'd normally assume that they'd be forming a team, but Moss doesn't seem like he knows enough about the arcane to be useful in a fight, and that's not likely to change before the qualifiers.

C9: Why is he surprised about Belo? He's a second year that got demoted isn't he? It'd be shocking if he couldn't master it. Honestly, I'm surprised that he didn't already know it.

C11: "wouldn’t all the students lose their respect for him?" I think he's confusing respect with fear. There's not a single student in the entire academy that respects him.

C12: There's actually a monster called "Giant Food Monster"? I thought the teacher just made that name up on the spot.

C18: Why can't any CN authors bother to spend two seconds to research real martial arts? If they did, or even if they just used their own imaginations, then they'd realize just how bloody stupid it is to punch another person's punch.

C22: "particles of different colors are the manifestation of strong unique bloodlines!” Then why were Chris' particles magenta when attacking and blue when healing/defending? Not only is that two different colors from the same person, but she's already been stated to have no special bloodline, and Girren's attack also used magenta colored particles. Did the author just change their mind about what the particles' colors meant or what?

C23: was the ref not being serious about love confessions leading to disqualification? That Ferdinand guy has already confessed three times now.

C24: I wonder if her current team will abandon her, or if the MC etc. will join and slowly supplant them. Either way, I really wish I could believe that the MC wouldn't wind up surpassing her before the tournament is over. The series would be so much better if the girl putting in her everything for at least three years could stay ahead of the OP cheater MC that only just started training and didn't even put in one fifth of the effort she did.

C25: I really feel for that shop clerk. Customers like Ayrin are total a**holes that you don't even want to sell anything to. Though he's still not as bad as the m*****rf***ers that whistle at you like a dog.

C26: I wonder if he's planning to just leave them there or partially bury them.

C29: The wall being tilted inward is a good thing. It makes it easier for your feet to keep connecting with it as you go up. Otherwise, the force of your own feet would quickly drive you away from the wall. It's honestly the biggest barrier to running up walls. Of course, if it were tilted outward, that would be even better, but as long as it's not purely vertical, it's a good thing.

C30: In the extremely likely case that Huston is lying about this, he should be fired. Fasting while following a rigorous training regimen is dangerous and stupid. It could easily cripple, or even kill the person doing it. Telling a student to do such a thing is a purely malicious act unbefitting of an educator.

I'm still betting on it being a dragon bloodline. I think the author is just trying to throw the readers off so they can pretend it's a surprise later.

C31: Why did he go after Sneijer first and not the third year?

C32: Why would they let him remove the weights? Are they blithering idiots? If the fact that he can wear so many is so astonishing, then they should just attack him while the weights are getting in his way and beat him to a pulp before he has a chance to take them off. Or, if they're slightly more intelligent than the average bully, then they should just leave. If they run fast enough, he probably wouldn't bother to chase them, nor would he have much reason to seek them out for revenge later.

C33: I really thought the MC would ask the elf where he got his weights.

C37: I get the strong feeling that the dragon bloodline that the MC absorbed was that of the evil dragon.

C39: I wonder if Divine Shield always pays its debts.

I wonder why the academies are so close to each other. Normally in these stories, they'd be weeks apart.

C43: Wouldn't all the families with dragon bloodlines be known? Wouldn't they basically all be nobility or royalty? How would this Stingham have green dragon bloodline, but be totally unknown? Did he also get handed a cheat set of holy items by a mysterious stranger?

How can the rumor about the MC wanting to join the team have spread to Moss when the MC only revealed it to people that same day and Moss hasn't had a chance to talk to anyone but Huston and the MC, neither of whom mentioned it?

C45: Why would he take it out? Why wouldn't he just take the MC with him? Wouldn't his clan kill him if he took it out and got robbed or something? Also, why doesn't the school have such a tool already? It's not a poor or nameless school by any stretch of the imagination is it?

"Holy Dawn Academy being sponsored by clan Lannister." Divine Shield, not Holy Dawn.

Why does everyone want people to lick their feet? Do they not have any imagination?

C46: How could a slacker condense particles? It's been stated numerous times that excessive hard work is the only possible way to do so.

Why didn't the shopkeeper ask them to fight outside? Insurance fraud?

C47: Does no one in this series know how to fight? It's clear what the MC will do when attacked, so just feint an attack then move around to his back and attack for real while he's attacking the spot you just left from. It's stupidly simple and practically guaranteed to work so long as you disregard plot armor.

C48: Why did the shopkeeper even grill the kebabs? The odds of the MC winning were minuscule as far as he was concerned.

Why would he need the tool? Just go to the library and pick up a technique for condensing particles. If the MC can do it, then yay. If he can't, then worry about the stealing the tool.

That aside. I hope the tool doesn't break. It's horrifically cliche.

C49: He said himself that thirty is the approximate level to condense particles. Why keep insisting that it couldn't possibly have happened when there are much more certain ways to tell if it has? Just go grab a low level arcanist technique and give it a shot, or heck, ask a teacher. It's what they're there for.

C50: I'll be shocked if he can't condense particles in the middle of battle and/or steal them from his opponents' skills.

C52: Rui's method of determining Stingham's strength sure was direct ;)

C53: Why would they pit high quality contenders against each other in the single elimination phase? What if they wound up with someone weaker than either of them making the team because of such a stupid decision? Isn't the whole point of this competition to choose the best possible people for the team? I mean, I can understand not doing round robin to make absolutely certain that they get the best people. There simply isn't time for it. But to not even bother properly arranging the tournament bracket to prevent matchups like that from happening, do they even want their team to beat Divine Shield, much less win the nationals?

C54: I wonder why everyone thinks the MC will lose. Rowan just wasted a ton of particles and won't have any time to recover them. As such, it's unlikely that he can put up a better fight than Ringel. That being the case, the MC definitely has a decent chance of winning.

C55: Wasn't Materialization supposed to be a unique skill of Iron Forest? Or was that just that specific Materialization skill that was unique to them?

C57: The author has apparently never sprinted anywhere before. If he had, he'd realize how much speed you have to lose in order to abruptly change directions without the use of magic.

C60: Why didn't he just jump over the scorpions and use Huston's skill to either destroy them or attack their creator? Just because he can go for the self-damaging attack, doesn't mean he has to do so every single time.

Just how easy were Rogrid's previous three fights that he has this many particles to spare?

C63: Considering that he couldn't even form a single Evil Eye properly after taking so many hits, his efficiency must be horrid. I wonder if it'll improve as he opens more arcane gates, or if he'll develop an ability to actively aid in the absorption.

C70: If Stingham joins, then does that mean they're going to have a rotating lineup for the matches? Or that Chris is going to get severely injured and be unable to participate for several matches? Assuming of course that Stingham didn't take part in the prelims. If he did, then he won't be able to participate this year if he transfers so it wouldn't really matter for quite some time, if ever.

C71: lol. What a way to get on the team ;)

C75: If he's going to insist on taking all the hits, then he should at least learn a skill like Heavy Ions. I'm sure that one exists that can be used without particles, even if it will be quite weak.

C76: What's with the lack of gratitude? Whether or not he could have won without Moss, there's no denying that Moss made things significantly easier for him. Denying his contributions publicly like that is extremely insulting to Moss, horribly ungrateful and shows a total lack of team spirit.

C77: Why did Ivan underestimate his physical strength so much? Was he not paying enough attention during the previous fight?

I'm looking forward to Stinghams reaction now that he's seen that the MC might actually be able to beat him in a duel ;)

C80: I wonder if this will motivate him to finally start taking his training seriously ;)

C81: Well, that answers that question. I wonder if Stingham will take Moss' place in the next match since he's injured.

C82: Ayrin didn't gather Chris. Chris gathered Ayrin. Get it right morons.

“If it’s really possible, then I’ll never ever transfer again, I’ll definitely stay in Holy Dawn Academy!” He really should have put more thought into why they'd be willing to let him share a room with a girl before making that promise...

I wonder when Belo will come back.

C83: I wonder why he didn't just make a treehouse as soon as he entered the academy then. I doubt they would have stopped him.

C85: I still think he should learn something like Heavy Ions or Iron Skin. His ability to take hits and gain power from them is one of his most strongest features. Capitalizing on it is extremely important, even more so if they're trying to make a strong impression on their opponents.

C86: Well, the Evil Dragon Cult will definitely be marking the MC after this if they weren't already. If his bloodline really is the Evil Dragon's, then I wonder if the cult will notice, and how they'll react.

C88: I wonder who the giant girl will wind up falling for. At the moment, I'm thinking the MC, Moss or Stingham.

That aside, I wonder if this will finally get them to teach the MC a defensive skill.

C89: For a moment there, I thought he was going to repeatedly beat them into a near death state until they became familiar enough with it to enter it voluntarily ;)

C90: I guess Minlur isn't worried about them suffering brain damage.

C91: This author is definitely an Game of Thrones fan. I guess that's where the series name comes from too. Honestly just thought it was a coincidence with this being a CN series and all.

C99: He'll just absorb the needles. The real question is why the refs won't call the match in his opponent's favor in the meantime.

C106: Wasn't there only two weeks between matches? Why are they training him for at least twenty days? Is this training not meant to be finished before the next match?

That aside, he should focus less on decreasing his speed and more on decreasing his injuries while maintaining the same speed.

I wonder what Rui's plan is for when the MC actually catches Stingham...

C110: Didn't it say that each match would only be about two weeks apart? Why has it been almost a month since the last match?

I wonder why Donna's not at all conflicted about teaching him a skill that will make it significantly easier for him to beat her own school's team.

“As to the office of justice, it’s entirely comprised of some hero-level and legendary-level arcane masters of the kingdom.” Didn't it say in an earlier chapter that people of that caliber no longer existed within the kingdom?

Wouldn't a skill like that actually be a bad fit for him? If it's destroying the particles, then how is he supposed to absorb them? He'd be much better off with something that let him just straight up take the hit.

C114: “An elite teacher from Iron Shield Academy." "the elite Divine Shield teacher Makkany" So which is it? Iron or Divine?

I hope that Ayrin doesn't beat that teacher. It honestly wouldn't be believable when the guy has at least four open gates and he only has one, and that's before we consider the vast difference in battle experience between the two and the fact that Ayrin will have to protect Moss and possibly even Ciaran.

Though, even if he does win, I really, really hope he doesn't use Fire Embers. He hasn't practiced it at all, and it's been well established that his talent isn't at the level of mastering much simpler techniques than it in a single go.

C116: Ugh. It was the worst case scenario. The author totally abandoned his own setting to make the MC the hero of the hour. How are we supposed to believe that any arcane skill at all is even mildly difficult for him after this? How does the author rationalize his difficulty in learning things like Holy Body Ignition which is dead simple by comparison?

C118: Why would he even agree to go if he was going to bring along a burden like all those books that he'll value as much as the people he's protecting? Does he think that the cultists won't target his books to distract him?

C119: I wonder why Stingham didn't just join Agate Lake. I'm sure they had plenty of beautiful skills and with a 7-to-1 female to male ratio, and his basically guaranteed inclusion on the school team, even he would have been able to find a girlfriend or two.

Wouldn't it be much safer for Divine Shield's team to go with them? The cultists probably have more insider info on them than any other academy, with the possible exceptions of Iron Forest and Golden Lion.

C120: I get the feeling that something is going to happen to the sky crystals. I'm just not sure if they'll be targeted by the cultists or Belo.

C121: Well, what did they expect from a tabloid?

Also, maybe it's just LMS, but it's hard to see weeds-level as being as insulting as they seem to want it to be. Weeds don't match the description given at all. It's very clear that they've never done any gardening or farming in their lives.

C122: I wonder if the MC will suddenly transform at some point.

Also wondering why any dragon would ever need to contract with a human and become their mount.

C124: I wonder if Mountain Kings will send out their second string.

Why would there be freshmen in Dragon Breath's team? Wasn't it firmly established that it's extremely abnormal for freshmen to have even a single open gate? How could such an academy lack people with two or more open gates and far more experience than a freshman is likely to have?

C125: Has Ivan already given up on next year's competition? If not, then why is he showing off his trump card?

C127: It's hard to resist the urge to just straight up skip chapters like this and the next one.

C129: OMG WTF cares about these two irrelevant teams that the MC might never even face?! Even if he does wind up facing one of them, it's 100% guaranteed that the info obtained from this fight will no longer be relevant or useful! Just f'ing move on already!

C131: It's still not over. Why is it not over?!

C135: If there's really a rule about disclosing such arcane arts prior to the competition, then why didn't the ref just directly disqualify Hellfire after Lotton murdered his opponent? Why bother to let the match continue? Isn't disqualifying Hellfire on the spot in such a situation the very core of his job?

Did they not bring the rest of the team? That's kinda cruel. They've been propping the team up during its darkest days for years. Suddenly cutting them out as soon as they finally reach the nationals is just wrong. At bare minimum, they should be allowed to be bench warmers.

C138: I wonder why he was in such a rush to show off his new skills. Is it that important to him that his enemies know all of his skills ahead of time?

C141: Rinloran is a medical practitioner right? Why didn't he just have Rinloran heal him and absorb particles that way? It'd kill two birds with one stone and put him in much better condition for the following fight.

C145: I take it Lotton is supposed to be Dias' father. I guess that means that there's a very high probability of everything going sideways during the tournament and Lotton becoming the MC's arch-rival, possibly after killing someone important to the MC. Chris maybe? Or possibly Moss? Honestly, Moss seems more likely due to his similarities with Ashur, his general weakness, and his sacrificial skill.

It also looks like the big event will include the city crashing due to the cultists attacking the sky stones. For ultimate dramatic effect and maximum casualties, it'll probably be during the final, which means that Hellfire and the MC's team will both make it to the finals.

C151: Is his comprehension increasing with his spiritual power, his knowledge of diverse skills, his battle experience, his age, or what? Knowing would be extremely helpful to him. Though, since he tends to increase all of those things simultaneously, the effect of training it specifically might not be that extreme.

C153: I wonder how his teachers will feel about this when they find out that their plan to limit his options had failed.

Also curious if the MC will share his insights on Golden Stag's substitutes' skills with Agate Lake's team if they win this match.

Further wondering if he'll use those two skills he was given to endure during the next fight while he steals that Void Break skill.

That aside, he should totally learn Ciaran's Soul Contract or a similar skill. That way, he'd only ever have to see any skill once in order to learn it.

C154: It feels like Dias is trying to increase the quality of the body count, but that would only be a good idea right before the big event. Is he not planning to wait for the finals? The casualties would definitely be higher then, and most of the schools would stick around to watch them too, so it's not like they'd lose many of the rising stars.

“Here, have a dictionary. This dictionary has the word defeat in it.” lol.

C156: Yeah, that surprise attack wasn't surprising at all.

C158: I wonder if Wilde et al. will survive going to report to Carter.

C159: I wonder why he's not using the bats. They seem like they'd be pretty useful here.

C160: Why didn't he send even one bat at Gullit? He had plenty to spare and any sort of distraction might have been enough to help Joyce even a single second earlier.

C162: O no. Who could have ever seen this not at all obvious plan coming. How will my shocked heart survive. /sarcasm

That aside, why would they even leave a weakness like this? Anyone with one gate open could exploit this to destroy the city and kill everyone in it. Since they knew Dias knew about it, it was only a question of time before he got around to exploiting it. Or were they really stupid enough to not go through the city's plans and look for whatever traps his father had left in the remodeling?

C164: I'm a bit shocked that the city didn't fall. Normally in situations like this, the bad guys' plan will always succeed eventually.

C166: I think any future teammates of his are going to need to learn that gasmask skill...

C169: I wonder what will happen with the tournament now.

C171: If he was out for three days, then I wonder how they were feeding him, especially with his appetite. He wasn't even hungry when he woke up.

C172: I wonder if Holy Gate of Life + Skunk Summoning would be a city destroying weapon...

More seriously, I wonder how this would affect a permanent materialization, and when he'll get around to making one.

C173: What happened to learning control skills? He should totally learn a few of them of different kinds.

I wonder how he's planning to practice the skills when he's not allowed to condense particles. It's not like the doctors would be okay with him getting hit by skills to absorb particles.

C174: “Miss Charlotte, may I inquire what you think of cradle-snatching?” Wow, really? I doubt there's even three years difference between the two of them. She should have just punched that tabloidist.

lol. Wilde should have more of a care. After all, those tabloids would probably have quoted him by name if they'd been willing to print his lies.

lol. Poor Charlotte. Well, at least he seems to have accepted her feelings. Though, I do have to wonder how much he understands about dating and monogamy. Also really hoping this doesn't become a love triangle.

C175: “The guys in your Divine Shield Academy" Iron Forest.

C176: Transforming wouldn't really help that much. It would just reduce air resistance. After all, once you're already in the air, you've already accelerated as much as you can and deceleration is all that's left. In order to increase the acceleration, you'd have to maintain the same level of force while switching back to the much lower mass, but since the force is being derived from the heavier mass, that's fundamentally impossible. I suppose you could try to transform while jumping, but then the various competing forces and sudden comparative frailty of the much smaller body would probably cause a lot of broken bones and other internal injuries, even if it actually worked, which is extremely unlikely.

Of course, if he had a spring manifesting skill or something, then he could store the force while huge, then shrink and release it, and that would give the desired effect.

That aside, if the author wants us to actually think that this is dangerous, then s/he should actually let someone important die in a training accident that wasn't anyone's nefarious plot. Otherwise, trying to emphasize the danger is an idiotic waste of time since absolutely no one is going to actually believe it's dangerous.

C178: If Multi-Sizing requires particles, then how was he able to do it long before he had any particles for it to consume?

I wonder why none of their parents are there for the tournament. Unless they literally can't be there for some reason, it doesn't really make sense for them to skip it entirely. Heck, if you consider how many of these kids are nobles, you'd think that the parents would arrange some sort of major political event at around the same time so that they could do their political thing and watch their kids' matches. Not to mention bragging about their children's successes.

It really bothers me that he's attacking them from above, but they all go flying. Wouldn't they be smashed into the ground? I mean, sure, they could bounce of the ground and maybe even start skipping like stones, but flying out isn't really possible unless he's hitting the ground in front of them and using the resultant shockwave to knock them out, which he clearly isn't.

C179: I feel that Ayrin would do quite well in Toriko's world...

C180: Isn't he accumulating particles a bit too quickly? Isn't it supposed to take almost a day per gate as a rough estimate?

C182: I wonder why he didn't detonate his bats to crush the golem while it was still relatively far from him.

C184: Yeah, I didn't think he'd really field only substitutes. He's not really the sort to care about honor over victory.

C185: This tournament really should have rules against intentionally killing people. These kids are the most important future assets of the kingdom after all.

C187: I'm kinda expecting him to just directly murder her bear.

C189: Why is Lizst only telling him that Nikita and Sophia were badly injured? The whole team was badly injured. Do only those two count? Are the others considered extras even by the teachers? It's not like he's only on good terms with those two after all.

Also, what's Rinloran's plan if he doesn't get to fight the other guy? He can't really guarantee that someone on his own team won't beat the guy first, nor can he guarantee that someone on the other guy's team won't beat him first. There's also the problem of someone killing the guy before he has a chance to complete his vow, which is extremely possible given his personality and family.

There's also the problem that his target has four open gates and he has one. Not to mention that his target specializes in AoE's that are basically impossible to dodge, and Rinloran's non-dodge based defensive skills are, so far, non-existant.

C192: Charlotte is really going to need to thicken her skin if she wants to date an extroverted idiot like the MC.

So, what is Rinloran's plan if he gets seriously injured in this fight and has to miss the match with Golden Stag?

I assume that the bottle with the perfume is glass or ceramic, so is he not worried that it'll get smashed during the fight as it almost certainly would?

I get the feeling that the author is also a Yu Gi Oh fan. He likes paraphrasing the line "You activated my trap card!" far too much otherwise. If these people were half as good as they think they are, then they'd know to not mention their traps until after they had fully succeeded, basically only the MC's and his friends' ever act this way.

C193: Rinloran only opened his gate after enrolling right? So how was he able to learn these skills from his clan? Is he carrying around a small library of priceless skills or something? Or does the school have them on record and people are just failing to realize that?

C194: Again, what's Rinloran's plan if his shoulder doesn't recover in time for the Golden Stag fight?

C195: Why didn't Rinloran use any healing skills on his shoulder? He was planning to become a doctor wasn't he? If he can master so many difficult killing moves, then he should know several healing moves as well.

Why would it matter if the skill would exist even after Nason died? The moment he couldn't continue on, the refs would destroy the eye themselves and call the match in Rinloran's favor. This isn't a battle to the death. It's a competition. And no one in charge of it actually wants any of these idiots to die.

C196: Still don't think he needed to forfeit. If he'd just focused on killing the caster the refs would have interfered eventually.

C200: If the reversal of gravity is an affect on the area, then flipping upside down and using your hands wouldn't help at all. If the author wants to bring physics into things, then s/he should at least understand the most basic concepts of those parts of physics s/he is bringing in.

This bothers me every time it happens, but does the author not understand that if two people are floating in the air and one of them hits the other, then they'll both be pushed away from each other with no opportunity whatsoever for a second blow to land? It's yet another very basic physics concept that is covered in relatively low level science and history classes the world over.

C201: If Sarina was knocked out, then why didn't the refs step in and declare Chris the victor? Does she really have to kill all the clones and golems and whatnot too? Even if their creator bleeds to death in the process?

C202: I really have to wonder why the cultists never tried to recruit Chris. She's basically their ideal candidate.

C203: I wonder if Stingham advertising his place in the lineup for the next match was part of Carter's plan. If not, then he really shouldn't have told that blabbermouth anything.

That aside, Golden Stag is (understandably) really underestimating Stinghams stupidity.

“You weren’t worthy of her to begin with. You just have to try even harder now!” That's true friendship right there.

I wonder if the "help you leave the city" is a euphemism for arresting him.

C206: And this is why Rinloran shouldn't have been so willing to get injured in the last match. Honestly, Chris should have tried a bit harder to keep herself in one piece too, even if it meant withdrawing during the last match. Their bench really isn't very deep, especially when considering people that can actually pose a threat to Golden Stag without plot armor.

C207: That "doctor" should lose his job and his right to practice medicine. Disclosing patient information, especially for high profile patients like Chris and Rinloran is, as far as the series has said so far, a form of treason in addition to being highly unethical and amoral.

I wonder why the tabloid isn't happy. This sort of behavior is much better for them than if the team was actually practicing.

That aside, I'm betting that Moss at least is actually training.

C210: He really needs to learn that Soul Contract skill. It'd be so helpful for the upcoming duel.

That aside, I wonder which one he'll steal more skills from.

C211: Isn't his match the next day? Why is he using Tears of the Dark Goddess? Or is his recovery ability able to remove its side effects prior to his match? Or did the author just directly forget its side effects as they've never been mentioned again after the skill was first introduced?

C212: I wonder if he'll use it in the tournament, and how Leonardo will react when he inevitably finds out.

C213: I wonder how strong his skills will be when he combines those two with Gate of Life.

Also wondering why those two skills can even stack when they both basically do the same thing using the same resource and just activate that resource using different methods. Even if they did work together, I'd expect the result to be significantly worse than the addition of either affect by itself.

C215: I worry for her teammates if she ever has to fight beside them against traitor cultists wearing the same uniforms as her teammates, especially if the enemy is aware of her issue and good at mimicking voices.

C216: Why didn't Gerrin volunteer to take Rinloran's place? He's technically the vice-captain after all. I'm sure he'd be shot down since he's an unimportant side character, but still.

I really don't understand why the kingdom hasn't purged Baratheon already. A traitorous ally is much worse than a villainous enemy.

C218: With how many times that guy is using the same skill, it'll be strange if Ayrin doesn't learn it.

C224: Why didn't Megan take the thirty second break that she's entitled to? Even if it didn't break Belo's curse, it would at least have gotten her closer to its time limit. Or was she worried that it would get worse rather than wearing off?

I figured he'd wait a bit longer before revealing these cards. After all, revealing them one after the other in the tournament makes it much more likely for people to guess that he can copy skills he's seen.

I wonder why a tortoise came out.

C225: I wonder how Megan's enemies will react to the rather special nature of her defeat. At bare minimum, I doubt they'll ever let her live it down.

Also wondering if Warlock Variation will turn the MC into a gambling addict.

C228: Why doesn't Clancy just directly disqualify Rinsyi and ban him from the tournament permanently while also banning his entire school for the next three years or so? Sure, it wouldn't save Ayrin, but it would send a clear message that using skills like that was pointless for anyone that actually wanted to win.

C229: Wouldn't this result mean that Rinloran could never fulfill his vow? Wouldn't he be stuck with the blood mark forever? Or is his vow so cheap that it's cool as long as someone associated with him makes his target suffer?

C230: "in his eyes, a genius of Rinsyi’s level was a treasure of the Kingdom of Eiche. " Why? A powerful mad dog is even worse than a normal one. The kingdom is definitely better off without someone like Rinsyi who actively seeks to assassinate the kingdom's other geniuses. Honestly, the same goes for his entire treasonous household. They should just be exterminated for the good of the nation.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He should just threaten to shave Stingham's head every day that he doesn't train.

I'm surprised the MC was willing to back off. It's abnormal for him.

I wonder why Morgan didn't ask him about all the copied skills he'd used during the fight.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if this year's tournament will be canceled.

12. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty dissapointed at the tournament match.
    Ayrin just escapes from ryinsi's death skill without any explenation except for deus ex machina.
    Its so cheap..

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Won't combining the competition and the battle encourage them to sabotage each other? It's not a good idea to have competing interests on the battlefield if it can be avoided.

I don't see how this would be good for Sarina unless she actually killed her targets rather than almost killing them. Unless she notified the ref beforehand (which could lead to her target being tipped off), there'd be no one to verify that her target would have died if she hadn't stopped, but if she doesn't stop, then the kingdom would lose at least one (but probably more) of its brightest young stars. This is an idiotic notion if they can't ensure her targets' safety.

Also, isn't the minimum number of members five? How are they supposed to split into two teams if they only have the minimum number of members? This is an extremely likely scenario due to attrition via injuries and deaths in the earlier stages of the competition. Do they just have to succeed with fewer members? Not every team will have an MC with invincible plot armor that can carry his one team to do the work of ten.

14. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Taichouuu

15. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And so the zombie never disappears, making Stingham a battle maniac in an attempt to get hit as much as he can.

16. Charlessssssss

Charlessssssss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finishing soon?

17. Charlessssssss

Charlessssssss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its done, finished, no more