Spoiler Destructive Desires / 불건전한 욕망

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Emarulde, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Arekushieru

Arekushieru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh no. If she was a sex slave of some sort this happened long before the ML's mother completed suicide.

Thanks for the spoilers. At least I know the ML was indeed always a douche.

Sherlockisk likes this.
  2. Missy2894

Missy2894 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, i just read the new chapter in manhwa, the stepmom is indeed a bitch, she is aware of her action and decide to ruin someone's life.

3. aoiren

aoiren Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you so muchhhhh

daviemae and Queen_Bee like this.
  4. RedRuchi

RedRuchi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did you read the novel?
    Is it available in English?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  5. Arekushieru

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I kind of thought that too because of the way she looked in one of the flashbacks that we had of her around the time of the reveal of the affair and the ML's mother's death. So she is at least partly responsible for her own daughter being ostracized. But I hold the grandfather and ML mostly responsible because it looks like the daughter was (at least mostly) innocent

6. Missy2894

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I can't fully blame ML for that. As someone who interested in social behavior topic, ML hatred towards his stepsis is understandable
    Obvious evidence in modern world we can see is how easily racism issue trigger social conflict in US, it was a known fact how white people treat black people when time of slavery still exist in the US
    It happens hundred years ago yet the impact still exist till this day
    How can we expect someone's who was hurt by another human being can easily want to see the one that hurt them be happy? By all means they will find a way to hurt back, especially when the wound not dry yet
    And ML also still young when that happen, he is too young to think like us, an adult thought
    Only few people can go through the process of letting go and totally be in peace with circumstances
    With that reason, i have to blame grandpa more
    I don't know, but it is so rare to see an elder being mentally cruel to their grandchild, even if she was born by mistake. Grandpa is an adult who can see a bigger picture, at least he can be merciful towards that innocent child
    Nonetheless, i can understand a bit of him being cold towards the granddaughter if the reason is because he doesn't want to add more wound towards ML, if ML see his grandpa being nice to that child, he might be afraid that it will add more wound to ML, and ML will isolate himself from the family
    But that is just analysis, we never know the author thinkit process when making this novel

7. Arekushieru

Reading List:
    Link
    Except that the stepsister was never the one who hurt him. And children especially those in their teens like the ML was are far more intelligent than we often give them credit for.

Nani.Raciaxoxo and i_am_here like this.
  8. Missy2894

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes you have a point but it really depends if we speak one particular situation
    I just want to say that intelligence has variety of type, people can have high score in academic intelligence while on the other side they have a very low score in emotional intelligence
    Human emotion are complex, i have met many people who is bitter by many condition. So we really can't generalized every case. This example is a different case : There is a case where a son blame himself for his parents divorce, but in fact the divorce happen not because of that child, but the mother having an affair behind her husband back. But this young boy, always think that way even after he pass thirty. If this is self blame, then in this novel, ML also has no compassion for related blood sister and unconsciously blame innocent other
    And by the way, from research, people's brain will only complete its form at age 24, so what can we expect from an teenage boy in the environment where he doesn't have a privilege to develop his emotional intelligence
    Anyway i am trying to be objective and look at the perspectives from two sides, not saying what is right or wrong

9. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Clarification on Step-sister

I don't know what you're all going about. The Male Lead or grandfather never hurt the child, i.e the step-sister. She died because of heart condition, she was a weak child and wasn't able to survive. Also, her condition would've mostly made her stay in her room or in and out of hospital so I'm not sure if she would've much exposure of Male Lead or experienced any ‘cold behaviour’ from him.
    The stepmother is just delusional. She wanted all the power, all the love to go to her daughter, she wasn't able to accept her daughter's death and wanted someone to be held responsible so she just vent it on the Male Lead and Grandfather.

Also you all going on about Male Lead being this and that and should've been this and that to the step-sis? Tell me have you guys read the novel? (I'm saying this generally, I'm not mad or being agressive, adding this because people often go by their perspective on the comments) Let me tell you, when the Male Lead's mother committed suicide, she was pregnant! That heartless woman and scum man gave her such a trauma, she was in deep depression, the Grandfather never reprimanded his son, had he confronted him maybe she and her child would've lived, anyway, after all that humiliation, collapse of mental and physical health, she couldn't take it anymore and committed suicide. With her, the Male Lead's younger sibling (his sister) died. He is in trauma, for him it was very hard to continue his life but he lived somehow remembering his mother. Don't push this all on him. He never did any harm to the step-sis, he neither attacks her not was he concerned of her and he has every right to. The killer of his mother and sibling lives in the same space as him. He remains calm, doesn't attack or go berserk on them, doesn't scheme against them unlike that ugly woman! What he is doing is enough? I don't know why are you guys pushing the step-sister on his head? She was never traumatised or behaved badly with. He just didn't wanted to associate with her (what big sin has he done?), he knew she was after all just a child, had he not, he would've tried to hurt her in retaliation of his sibling's death.
    He is not entitled to become all love-dovey or affectionate towards the child who shares half of his blood at all. He has never harmed, bullied, beaten, abused or schemed against her (or her mother) and that is more than enough.

Stepmother also framed one of her orphanage friend which made her stay in the prison all her life, when she is imprisoned after trying to kill Female Lead, her (ex) friend gave her quite a good dose. I remember reading about it and I was shocked how can one be so cruel. She literally framed and pushed and innocent person on her behest just because she wanted to live a lavish life. That person was rotting in prison for no reason at all.

Replying to the people lif they think that Stepmother had no choice but to have an affair with the father -
    This scum, trash, leech and promiscuous woman had every choice. Infact it was she who went to this another trash, leech and promiscuous man. She was aiming for a higher position without having done much and was very ambitious. It was her own choice to get pregnant and bring the affair baby to the world so to strengthen her positioning. She pushed the Male Lead's mother by sending her photos (as if she wasn't suffering much from the hands of her so called husband, which this woman was aware of) and blatantly going everywhere with the father (this immoral man) and being very vocal and open about her 'affair' which was hailed as a 'true love story'. She was never ashamed of it, had the family been not rich and influential, she would've continued this life and destroyed manj homes.

From her reactions, all I can conclude is she is more upset with her daughter's death as she was a golden goose, a living asset for her. The child was unfortunetly, the blood of that family and had equal holding and rights on the family wealth. The way she just rants about all belong to my daughter, should've been my daughter's, my daughter's position I'm very clear that more than her child's death, she is upset about the wealth that slipped her hands (despite she still having power of that family - hail grandpa for this). This greedy, filthy woman, no wonder she and that trash got along so well in the beginning. Fabric cut from same pieces.

Also I wanna ask - Had this part - about male lead's mother being pregnant at the time of her death not been spoiled yet?

Edit :
    also ML's forceful behaviour with FL, that was absolutely wrong and if he is something to be held responsible for, it would be only that (and that). Adding it cause some of ya will probably take this above like I'm white washing him for his behaviour with FL which I'm absolutely not. I'm just clarifying about the relationship (or whatever it is) between him, the step (undeserving) mother and her daughter.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2022
    northerner, Elren, Ai_Kei and 31 others like this.
  10. Arekushieru

Reading List:
    Link
    My point is that I do believe having any kind of intelligence just ensures that deliberately hurting your innocent half-sister in any way just makes you that much more culpable. After all in a lot of cases children who grow up in very similar environments turn out completely differently. So emotional intelligence isn't the only factor in determining one's behaviour.

I'm not sure if you were referring to me with regards to your comment about the stepmother potentially being forced into a relationship with the ML's father but whether or not that is the case I should point out that I'm pretty sure my and Missy's comments were the last to address that possibility (yes, it was just a possibility or, rather, an if/then statement) and we quickly concluded that this was definitively not the case.

And my point about the ML was simply that he chose to behave as if his half-sister was party to his stepmother's schemes. We can understand that quite clearly when we get to the flashbacks of how he treated the FL so harshly initially even though she had no relationship at the beginning with the stepmother and how that was likely just a watered down version of how he treated his biological sister, then starts to treat her kindly in front of his family and the public only because he knows how much that will hurt his stepmother, without caring about the consequences or backlash the FL will face after he accomplishes what he set out to do and goes on his merry way without a care in the world.

11. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    This I've cleared above.
    What was his relationship between that idiot woman and the child.
    He did not treated her harshly at all. So his behaviour was not watered down to her, he was just like with the Female Lead.

Oh no I was just saying it generally. Clearing the doubts that there is no such case if anyone still has it. (Let me edit it)

Edit : Are you following the manwha? If yes, well then I was referring only to the novel part. I have not read anything like that, i don't think it was MTL problem either where he is treating the sister badly, manwha may slightly differ. So all my views are based just on the novel.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2022
    nicomcla1995, blacknevar and hifiona like this.
  12. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the ML and FL have any more kids?

Arekushieru likes this.
  13. YuraHD

YuraHD Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where are You Reading...?? Tell me, Please

14. Hazel123

Hazel123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can read it in naver series

I think they will have twins. So it's mean they will have three child (maybe) but idk why in the grandfather dialogue he mention 3 boys and 1 girl. I confused too because the translation is really hard to understand. You can see in side story 13 in naver series that they mention twins.

15. violetlaila

violetlaila Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I came here to rant. I want ot read the raw in naver but its hard to buy the cookies as it identification card b4 buying the cookies :cry::cry:

hifiona likes this.
  16. Amethyst_

Amethyst_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me in which chapter did the ml regret?
    Spoiler about their snu snu plsss :aww:

Nani.Raciaxoxo, Marcie and hifiona like this.
  17. Deleted member 422180

Deleted member 422180 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Camp for more spoiler.

Nani.Raciaxoxo likes this.
  18. Ariary

Ariary Sucker for isekai troupe

Reading List:
    Link
    Still wondering about this

19. Missy2894

Reading List:
    Link
    So i find this manhwa in bato.to translate to indonesian language
    It is so hard to find the raw, but reading it feels just like reading hangul if you dont speak bahasa, just google translate it
    Search with keyword : unwholesome desire in that platform
    They translate it until ch 23 so far, from what i understand ML alredy liked FL since she was in high school. But that moment he didnt realized yet, he realized when he saw her crying because her triggered trauma
    And at chapter 23 what i catch from the conversation, ML is so manipulative with his words and FL is no match for his manipulative words
    Such a bastard. If he exist in real world i really pity the woman he manipulate. We know tht this is just a story, but that kind of trash is real danger for innocent woman like Yeonwoo. Real life case usually left the woman abandoned and no happy ending like this story

20. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm skimming through the raw chapters up to chapter 33 and from what I gather the stepmother is an evil piece of work. You'll begin to understand why the ML behaves the way he does and considering he had to live with that vile woman up until now, it's a miracle he hasn't killed her yet.

She's sadistic, greedy, cruel, and dangerously over-ambitious. It seems the grandfather is aware of her "true self" but keeps his real feelings about her to himself after the son married her. However, didn't spare his granddaughter (stepmom's daughter) his concealed contempt. This is why I'm not really a grandpa fan, at least the ML isn't a hypocrite in this area.

Grandpa knew the stepmother (when she was much younger and better looking) chased after the ML's father for his status and money. He thought by telling her that the ML's mother was pregnant that the stepmom would do the decent thing and leave him.

Instead, she made sure to get herself pregnant and purposely taunt the ML's mother with her own baby ultrasound pictures. This caused the ML's mother to miscarry and the stepmom then flaunted her baby bump in triumph to the grandfather. After he went to confront stepmom over what she did. She continued to enjoy psychologically torturing the ML's mother about how she was sleeping with her husband, threatening to have the ML arrested or sue him (despite being minor) since he leaked online that she was sleeping with the ML's father to advance her career and had already had a child by him etc, until the ML's mother snapped and killed herself.

Stepmom abused the ML's mother more than the ML's father did. It seems he is just a lustful selfish jerk that is jealous of his much more talented son whom his father favors more (stepmother exploits this). The father doesn't think or care about anything other than
    sleeping with young women non-stop. It's all he does - LITERALLY all day and night.
    It's embarrassing. Plus, he's a total asshole and an utter embarrassment.

Especially, since he is "banished" from the family. Nobody wants anything to do with him or be associated, it seems neither does his "wife". That is why she settles with being the ML and Grandpa's live-in housekeeper (since she has no real power in the family) to validate her delusion that she is the "lady of the house and matriarch of the family". That's why she calls the ML her "son", and tries to attach herself to him but he rejects any notion that she is "mother" nor does he allow her to try to interfere with his life's choices (i.e like arranging hjis marriage).
    She does this to make herself seem more important than she really is - since ML is now the "heir" and she can't have any more children. The FL presence shatters this delusion of hers because it reminds her just how insignificant she is (and her daughter was) to the family. And it infuriates her.

The stepmother is just an evil person with a malicious cruel streak but can't take what she dishes on others (i.e psychological abuse, alienation from the family etc). The ML's father I think is a sex addict hat likes young and attractive women to screw non-stop. I think that's the reason he is banished from the house, the stepmom hinted it had something to do with a "sponsorship" sex scandal involving an actress.

The stepmom's looks have faded that her husband no longer desires her, she has no child that attaches her to the family anymore, even when that child was alive, they were never officially recognized as someone with ties to the family and was shunned in all but the legal sense. For example, the grandpa offers shares to the pregnant FL since she giving birth to his "great-grandchild" in front of the stepmom.
    She is furious and seething since the grandpa never offered her or her child "shares" of his company. The grandpa knows she is pissed but doesn't care, since he thinks to himself "It's too late, I gave you a chance before this your fault how things turned out" this is when the flashback to him telling her that the ML's mother is pregnant to get her to leave his son then occurs.

Stepmom is a lethal parasite.
    She relies on the mercy of the grandpa and the tolerance of her stepson. Despite both despising her. If I were the ML I would have demanded she is to be kicked out of the house years ago.

The ML actually is a very level-headed person to endure living with the woman basically murdered his mother and unborn sibling and relishes that as a "win". No wonder he couldn't accept her daughter as his "sister". Not satisfied with that, the stepmom then proceeds to hurt the mother of his child and their unborn baby.

I blame grandpa for allowing her to live with them in the first place, he should have left her to rot with that garbage husband of hers. For whom she destroyed the lives of several people in order to be with.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    northerner, Ai_Kei, Irishh and 19 others like this.