Novel Dharmic Scripture [8k words written]

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by FoolishCarp, Jul 21, 2017.

1. FoolishCarp

FoolishCarp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will be posting this story on RoyalRoadl.com this is written and edited by TheMonk

The monk has awoken from his meditation in his secret chamber used to evacuate the important monks from his sect. However, unbeknownst to him, the world has experienced an ending, befitting of its selfish greed and lust.

Can the monk resurrect his sect from its demise?

Or will the mana upheaval and its chaos bring to him the destiny he so hates?

genre: Post-Apocalyptic, xianxia, magic and sword, sci-fi, ............

Table of contents

1. Prologue
    2. Chapter 1
    3. Chapter 2
    4. Chapter 3

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Chibi likes this.
  2. FoolishCarp

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue
    Onto his way as his grand army marched the earth, slaying the evil on the way and helping the needy with his righteousness, spreading the word of God as not a messenger but as a believer.

His kingdom was far and wide, taller than Himalayas, his army was filled with absolute warriors. His generosity knew no end.

He fought to help the good and exterminate the evil. His travel lasted decades or even centuries.

He sought for technological enlightenment allowing his kingdom to prosper into new era.

During his travel he met many primitive and barbaric civilizations causing havoc and mayhem in this world. Small villages being pillaged and burned as the Barbaric civilizations invaded.

As his travel came to an end, he reached the furthest on Earth. Where civilization of humanity no longer reached its influence. In there he walked through a passage between the two great mountains.

And in here he met a tribe. The tribe, that was cut off from the world, as it could be seen through their primitive way of living, and primitive to the point the king and his mighty army could not communicate through common language.

However, due to the desperation of the tribe, they described to him the other tribe that was recking havoc on the earth, through the usage of hands and gestures.

Listening to the people he decided to judge for himself as he visited the evil tribe as they called. He entered their den through absolute stealth and watched the way people acted.

They couldn’t even be considered a human due to their undying thirst for blood. This civilization contained these characteristics which made them incompatible with civilized humans; Primitive, Bloodthirsty, powerful, reproductive ability thousands times greater than humans, Defying morality.

With such though in mind, as soon as he came back he rallied his grand army and was ready to slaughter these heretics however. He changed his mind as if something have told him to do so otherwise.

With his superior technology he built a fire thousands of meters high and used it melt the iron to the point it became near indestructible.

He sealed the primitive tribe through barricading the valley between the two mountain peaks.

And the Grand King told the people of earth

“The Evilest of Human Kind has been sealed off by the Great Wall, however the wall will crumble apart as humans’ society crumble apart due to extreme obscenity and immorality spreads. This shall be the warning for the future generations to come!”

…..

Humans has been an intelligent species from the beginning of time. They gathered natural resources, built infrastructures, ruled the nature, and nothing could harm them. However, while they were intelligent, their greed and lust knew no end.

Humans hid their sexual acts behind the doors as it was considered a sacred ritual between man and woman. Unfortunately, as the culture, “progressed” sex in itself lost its sacredness. People naked on the street became a common scene, with some even displaying their affairs of action in public.

This was the evolution he wished against. And one day all according to the Grand King, the wall crumbled apart.

The wall cracked and turned into dust after a huge orgy party was held in the city center of Bangkok.

Soon, Trillions and billions of tribal monsters swarmed the world. They came defending the mountains, turning the city into rubbles, nuclear warheads ineffective against their sheer number, every billion killed another two billions swarmed out of their origin. The oceans dried up as dead bodies of theses primitive creatures piled on top of each other.

There wasn’t any place on earth that wasn’t touched upon by these insidious creature. Soon 99% of the human population went to their deathbed. 1% barely surviving in a secret underground shelters with bare minimum food that may or may not keep them fed for another month.

As the primitive creature looked everywhere and to find no humans, they thought that they have caused the humans to extinction. With that in mind they decided to attack the heaven with their mighty number. The creatures raised their bow up to the sky. With a hoarse voice sounding desolate and disgusting, every creature on the world shot their arrow. To their surprise the arrows came down with blood stain on its tips.

The insidious creatures thought that now they conquered the heavens and the Earth and became the true ruler. In their celebration they started raping their women. But unbeknownst to them deadly disease caused by sudden emergence of bird started spreading among the primitive tribe.

Few days were more than enough for the deadly disease to kill of the entire species of the primitive creatures. Even so, humans underground had no idea such had occurred as the fear kept them underground.

These 1 % of the survivors were all the rich merchant or people from powerful families. With their elitist mindset they abandoned the humanity and escaped for their own safety bringing their most powerful guards with them.

Evolution was in process above ground as nature’s restorative process have begun. Rain poured for ten days straight, fertilizing the destroyed lands, and new animals came to light as they were forced to adapt to the extreme conditions set by the primitive creatures.

Mysterious energy that roamed the Earth for centuries during ancient times has revitalized and was ready to walk the surface of Earth. But this time the density couldn't be compared to the past.

The mysterious energy and how its named after differed according to individual culture: "Buddhist Energy", "Qi", "mana", "Ki", "Heavenly energy","Celestial Force"...

Earth has started its evolution.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Chibi likes this.
  3. Awe 128

Awe 128 Sedun dnes esaelp

Reading List:
    Link
    I have one request
    Please make the mc op early
    There's a lack of these kinds of novels

FoolishCarp and Humeniuk like this.
  4. Deleted member 21272

Deleted member 21272 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    "Detestable bakemono do you dare!” The monk shouted in order to see if any living/non-living being were causing trickery upon his belief.

"_"​

AMissingLinguist and Luxadia like this.
  5. FoolishCarp

Reading List:
    Link
    I will make sure he is op XD

6. Chibi

Chibi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow nice work

FoolishCarp likes this.
  7. Luxadia

Luxadia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was surprised at the "Detestable bakemono" , monster is still better to me

FoolishCarp likes this.
  8. Luxadia

Luxadia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But overall is nice

FoolishCarp likes this.
  9. Nozomori

Nozomori Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait is your novel based on this...? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhul-Qarnayn

ABMAINA likes this.
  10. FoolishCarp

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh I got caught... Ye I used it as a reference for the prologue

11. FoolishCarp

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1
    the chapter is extended by twice its original amount
    “Is this the solar system where you detected the Primordious race?” A man wearing blue suit asked the spherical floating objects floating next to him while looking at the star map of the galaxy.

“Confirmed…Race 666 have been detected…”

“Hmm… scan the Solar system”

“Scan in process……”

Sentient Population: 73,470,000

Average Technological advancement: 20

Average Evolution level: 1

Average Culture: 100

Average Potential: 100

Average Intelligence: 5

Pollution Level: On brink of complete destruction

Death Count: 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999…Error

Race Population:

Primordious Race: 73,470,000

I must eliminate them as soon as possible, I can’t let them develop any further and cause havoc among the universe. Looking at the death count, it must be caused by the primordious race that failed to evolve.

“How long until we reach the planet?”

“Calculating…….without any unforeseen condition the ship will reach planet x933850 in 100 Xia….Converting into x933850 measurement….300 years”

“I see. What’s the likeliness of the cultivator blooming from any of the planet in the solar system?”

“….70% of the population currently alive has 100% chance of achieving 3/10 evolution, 50% of which has a 99% chance of achieving 7/10 evolution, and of which 10% has a 99% chance of achieving past the mortal stage, unable to calculate further……”

Slightly higher than my home planet.

“Continue observing the solar system and alert me of any events that may affect the power balance of the universe, call my father and inform him of the discovery”

“Command inputted….observation mode ON, Message Sent!”

The man after confirming the spherical object’s action, sat on the mat and closed his eyes.

…..

A man once said “Silence is the origin of curiosity”

With the sudden silence that swallowed the earth, people underground couldn’t help but become curious of what happened on the surface. Without food, people started to starve to death, and with desperation came great confidence. Many confident(starving) men started exploring the forbidden world. The Outside world.

To their surprise what laid ahead of them was a completely new scenery, a world filled with green and small animals.

With many rushing back to their shelter to tell of the story the civilization of earth has begun its reconstruction, as survivors flooded the earth. United States reformed its government and centralized their power in Texas led by the now President of United States James Mattis.

Small city states started popping out everywhere on the globe. Common Wealth of Japan has announced its founding together with, Democratic New China, Ancient Soviet, and Arab Union.

When the citizens thought that world was finally rebuilding to its past, wealthy elites were replaced by the armed organizations through military coups all around the world. The powerful military organizations already made a pact among themselves to help and support their replacement to power, this helped stabilize first world countries

National Military, Mercenary, Cia, KGB, Secret Police, and all the special organizations all centered around their military prowess had a secret agreement where “whence they got out of the shelter thee shall allow each to prosper and fight those that threatens them.”

…..

In a dark cave 100 meters underground, rested a man on the lotus position.

“Hmm” the man opened his eyes as sudden surge of powerful current entered his body.

Through confusion, the man jumped and looked around to see no one but himself in this dark cave he carved in order to worship.

“Kuhk!?”

“Detestable bakemono do you dare!” The monk shouted in order to see if any living/non-living being were causing trickery upon his belief.

However, after 10 minutes or so passed and nothing happened. But during this time, the monk was feeling more powerful than ever.

“Wha, What is this? Why am I feeling so much more powerful?” With many questions above his head the monks decided to try out this new power of his by punching the wall of the cave.

BAM

With a loud thud the wall started crumbling into pieces. It was due to all the correlating factor favoring the destruction of the old rusty cave.

With crumbling cave in sight, monk searched for a passageway leading to outside and rushed with great speed. Breaking the tight shut door open with his new found power, he felt the sun shine upon his face. Momentary blinded by it, “Ugh, the sun’s too bright, I should go find a shade or something” after his complaint he found a old rusty gas station.

“I can’t believe it, I was able to wield such a power” the monk mumbled, and looked up. “Its’ been a century or so that I have come out of my dwellings, and it seems like the world has changed by a great margin”, he said as he looked around his surroundings which was covered in rubbles and stench of blood everywhere.

Buddhist energy on earth has been on great decline ever since the rise of industrialization, with its polluting aftermath. However, where the monk mediated in lotus position was a famous cultivation ground for Zen monks in Japan.

As a Shike himself, he enjoyed the luxury of Buddhist energy vein all for himself, and through countless tampering he gained longevity many sought for. Even so, as war above raged on the vein started to crumble and the monk had approximately less than 3 years left for his life.

People of Zen Buddhism starts from, Shami, then Jushoki and finally reach where the monk is at Shike. The journey of Zen master is long and comes with hardship that no ordinary man can take.

Unexpectedly, through his centuries of hard work continuously increasing his meagre life-force he was able to experience the millennial prosperity that the world above shall meet before anyone else.

“First, I must visit Dharma dwellings and thank the sir with his blessings upon this old man.” While he acted unsightly when a sudden sanction of energy invaded his body, usually he has a calmness of Buddha and kindness of Dharma.

With that decided he started his adventure to the north.

………..

“Langley are you sure it was alright to kill the president?” James asked with worry and expectation for what’s to come.

“Everything will be alright president, he as a president of United States obviously held great connection with the Rothschild family. By severing our connection with them we are finally free from those greedy bastards” Langley with his great confidence answered the now president of United States James Mattis.

“With the power of CIA and the United States military force nothing will stop us”

“I believe in you Langley, I hope you don’t disappoint me” James said so while in his head,

Harrumph, you think I don’t know the fact that you are already bought by those cunts, I will let you live for now but I already surrounded those money whores to death, I would love to see your face after I tell you that.

“Of course president, I would never betray you” and the man left the room.

“President! President! Something big has happened!” the secretary of states came rushing to the presidential room. “Huf Huf…….Huf”

“Calm down, drink the water and take your time…”

“*gulp* *gulp* thank you president *huf*, its just, an unknown entity has entered started overflowing from underground, it contains unimaginable power, estimated to be 10million times more powerful than the biggest atomic bomb in the arsenal!!”

“What! Something that powerful exists!? I can’t believe it, is this confirmed by our scientists?”

“Yes sir, it has been confirmed, an unauthorized investigation was done due to the sheer force the energy contains, erm….. should we punish them for their act sir?”

“Bring in the scientist who found it! Punish them by forcing them to continue the research of such energy, we must surpass our neighbors and conquer back our AMERICA!”

“For Democracy and Freedom!!”, a new form of chanting created in order to keep the morale of United States citizens all time high. This was due to the current war against the small states to conquer back their ‘home land’.

Even with the country having superior arms force and technology, against the small states that numbers thousands, it was difficult for a single super power of United states to fight alone as it had become taxing of lately.

It has been a decade since the war for retrieving their homeland back has started, and during this period of time the United States of America successfully laid their influence on most of the southern states. Mostly thanks to the support of the Southern citizens of the small city states.

But, the sudden military campaign by Latinos and Mexican forces has put the current war into stand still unable to advance further.

“Yes, for Democracy and Freedom!!”

……….

The monk followed the concrete path, and during his rest he meditated. With every second meditating, the monk could feel his life-force becoming stronger and stronger.

“Buddhist energy has become abundant again, maybe with this much energy I could revive our lord Dharma, but that is impossible until I get the holy scripture from the Dharma dwelling.”

The monk has been walking the concrete path for a day but to no avail he couldn’t find any living human. Only traces of houses that have become one with nature, as plantations and vegetation grew abundantly on it.

“The houses and the buildings has advanced greatly but….why isn’t there any one in sight? I entered the dwelling when the Satsuma and Chōsū attacked the Imperial family, but why do I not see any clan sigma on any of the houses?”

As part of the Ikko-Ikki uprising, the monk was one of the young soldier that fought for better life. He was Sohei. Powerful monk army that supported the peasants that were oppressed and was left with no protection from Samurai.

Chapter 1 extended
    He fought with a common spear and slaughtered his way through the battlefield, and was once called the Sacred Spearman. For every enemy killed, he prayed for their reincarnation to be prosperous.

Monk looked around in amazement at the advancement of technology in Japan. He remembered just a few centuries ago, most of the people would be living in the cities surrounding the capital city under Tokugawa.

But by the looks of it villages seemed to have disappeared from Japan and was replaced with large towns with no walls covering the area. He scavenged food from many of these unfamiliar buildings and seeing the abundant amount of food in every town he visited, he couldn’t help but imagine the life of a peasant has become a lot better compared to the past.

With anticipation for what’s to come, the monk couldn’t help but become excited for his future encounter with a human being.

“Calmer than a lake and kinder than Buddha…..phew” the monk calmed himself by reciting one of the verses in the scripture. By now the monk could already tell that his life-force has become 10 times more saturated than during his time in deteriorating cave. He felt that his strength had a drastic upgrade, no samurai of the past would be of match of current him.

“With this strength, I have a confidence in fighting 1000 man katana samurai all by myself. I may be inflicted with minor wounds but without a doubt those 1000 heads will fall cleanly on top of their dead body….hehe….NO, what am I even thinking, I am Shike, the man known as the prestige and generally owns the respect of being a true Zen master, a living symbol of the Zen monastic tradition, the quintessence of Zen virtues ideally incarnating wisdom, spirituality, strict discipline, individuality, and yet gentle social personality…..fuu”

Taking a deep breath, the monk while acting unbefitting for his position adjusted his mindset.

If it weren’t for my master recommending me to the highest order, I wouldn’t be able to achieve such prestige. I really wish to revive him back but unfortunately, his body is already lost in the war against Tokugawa’s clansmen.

To revive anyone using the Buddhist scripture, one needs the body of the man being revived all fully intact. The success rate of the revival increases if the man is on lotus position, as it's the best posture to be in, due to the fact that it opens the key pores of human body that helps in absorption of Buddhist energy.

Because his body stopped growing when he learnt the art of freezing vital cells for aging, his mindset was similar to those of 30s or 40s. Even then, during his time such age was already considered old enough to die.

“I believe I’ve absorbed enough Buddhist energy to see what happened in this area….”

In part of the scripture he was bestowed upon, had a descriptive method on reversing time for limited area and showing what happened. The time it can show depends on the user’s Buddhist energy, and with his current power, he could at most turn back 10 years.

“…but should I spend my Buddhist energy for this and not for searching my disciples?....no, to search for my disciples I need to understand why and what happened to the country of rising sun.”

To search for his disciples, he needs to use a karma searching method, where ancient monks used to track their disciples secretly, incase of any dangerous situation were to occur the master can rush to save his disciple.

After deciding to see the past, the monk raised his palms and concentrated his energy onto the right hand and gently placed his palm on the wall.

「Buddha, The almighty, lend your glorious hand to the mere mortal as he shall see the forbidden past of the world, and set the sight upon to receive the blessings of knowledge….」

The monk started chanting using the words of Buddha, a common scriptural language used by many monks. As soon as the incantation finished, light shined originating from the monk’s hand and engulfing the entirety of the buildings and everything till two blocks away from it.

……….

“Ghuaaaaaa ” A swarm of primitive like man and women covered in the bloods of its enemy could be seen blandishing his sword.

“Kyaaaaa” screams of women rang as blood dyed everyone, with every death came thousands more screams.

“Help, Help meeeee”

“no, no , no , NOT MY SON, nooooooooo”

Millions of the primitive creatures rushed to the town smelling the living as they thirsted for blood. The town was flooded with the creature all killing everything on sight. Buildings collapsed, houses burned, women raped, men torn apart…..

…….

“Guha!”

The monk due to sheer amount death aura invading his body, vomited blood, the projection was forcibly stopped. The death aura still roamed inside his head as it cried for help, all asking for their souls to be released from the torment.

“Guaaaa!....”

Unbearable pain could be felt through every cell of the monk. As if, billions of needle stacked inside his body piercing every vital points, ravaging his organs tearing apart every thing in sight.

「I didn’t wish for this to activate, however, it seems my disciple’s destiny is too great and will be followed with danger.」

Suddenly, as the pain increased to an indestructible level, the talisman around his neck started shimmering, showering the monk with healing light.

The monk slowly regained his consciousness, and with that his talisman broke apart and scattered surrounding the monk. He felt his body become heavier due to the exhaustion and trauma from the attack.

“huf, huf….wha, what….. in the world were those vile creatures…”

He started circulating the Buddhist energy healing himself from the death aura that engulfed him. As his situation stabilized, he soon realized that he couldn’t feel the familiar talisman around his neck. His hand reached his neck only to find nothing hanging in the thread gifted by his master.

“How, what? Where is my talisman? It's a important gift given by my master before his death! Did I drop it on the way?”

In panic he was about to go trace back on his footprint, but to his surprise he saw an already broken talisman scattered around his location.

“Did the talisman save my life? Master did say it was for my protection? Hmm, I have a lot more to learn”

With new understanding of the world, the monk, with vast knowledge deduced what saved his life, and decided to move on.

“If my disciples were to see me now, it would be too shameful. I have to keep my dignity as a Shike.”

…….

“Sir, with our scientists we were able to extract the energy and experimented on some of the beggars”

“What were the results?”

“We tested on 3 beggars, and two of which died due to explosion, however, one of them survived and made him astronomically stronger than any average human being!”

“Were the scientists able to find out the criteria for the acceptance of the power?”

“Not yet sir, but with more specimen the scientists have stated, they would be able to produce a elite army in matter of years”

“Hmm, how many did they ask for?”

“10 thousand, sir”

“10 thousand!? That's too much, why would they need such an amount of humans, can’t they test it on a rat or something?”

“Sire, have you forgotten, rat have gone extinct? And the scientists could not find a suitable animal to replace the rats.”

“Fine, I will send one of my squadron to capture some dirty Mexicans and those bastard north barbarians for this, also keep this thing under wraps for as long as possible. I don’t want those dogs sniffing out our plan!”

“Yes, sir!”

……

“Salman, are you sure you want to do this?”

“I swear to god, by any means possible I will accomplish what my predecessors failed to realize. We must excavate the grave of the grand king!”

“But your highness, it is said have been cursed by those monstrous creatures, and who ever tried to excavate in the past have all died!”

“Harrumph, do you think I will listen to those infidels and their blabber! I am the great king of Grand Arabic Kingdom! I am the chosen one, I won’t make the same mistake as my father!”

“Your highness, that place has become an important border between our kingdom and the Arab Union, the hostilities between us and them have grown intensely in these couple of days and if we were to provoke them in any way a war could sparkle!”

“Shush, I already know about that. It doesn’t it matter, as long as we acquire the hidden treasure of God said to have been buried with the grand king, we will for sure be able to rise to prominence, where even those western infidels’ wont be able to touch us!”

“Please think through your highness, I shall take my leave for now”

“Who do you think you are; humph, mere advisor should know his place”

“As you command, Your majesty”

The advisor left the throne room feeling frustrated at this new inexperienced king of his. Through countless days of advising the former king, the advisor had far more influence over his people than the current king. Even so, the advisor’s loyalty to the royal family dates back to the ancestor and the advisor’s clan’s promise after the death of the Grand King.

His highness, doesn’t know that there will be a huge consequence if we were found out to have tried to excavate the grand king’s grave. However, right now he has ears but can’t hear. He ignores every advice I give, but its fine, this time I will use my influence to bring a bit of set back for his highness to learn to become a great king.

With great expectation for this new king, the advisor left to find his subordinate.

12. FoolishCarp

Reading List:
    Link
    Chaper 2
    “Such powerful [will of the dead]…..How many man needs to be sacrificed, to create such horrific aura? And what were those hordes of man attacking and pillaging the land of the rising sun?”

The monk looked at the past for answers, but what he got were more questions. He walked aligned to the pavement, pondering over the projection that was displayed through Dharmic magic.

“The horde, resembled no man that I know, not even the barbarians from the west, their ferocious blood red eyes looked similar to a hungry packs of wolves chasing a spotted dear. The savagery that I saw couldn’t even be compared to samurais who were possessed by bakemono spirits…”

Still contemplating over the incident, he didn’t notice the sign which said,

「Cemetery: 100 meters ahead」

The [will of the dead] was a sentient that was closest being to the Buddhist energy. Which allowed them to evolve easier than most of the living beings on Earth. While [will of the dead] is one of the more powerful and largest in number, any animals and insects could in fact evolve.

The animals that evolve will usually have low intellectual level, however, some will come out more intelligent than the other. Due to the sheer number of the animals on the planet, during ancient times many animals evolved into greater beings.

Even with the meagre amount of Buddhist energy, on earth during ancient times, billions of bakemono or the monsters that absorbed the energy came to light.

Monks and the religions were first founded upon by those that successfully reached first evolution of human. They were the main vanguard that fought against these monstrous creatures. By gaining the faith of such cultivators, people could burrow some of their power and helped the extermination of the monsters.

However, the amount of people being able to cross the first evolution numbered less then 10 each era. This meant that some civilizations were enslaved, or be under control of the intellectual monsters. Egypt is one of the famous civilization that were placed under control of the cat type monster that succeeded first evolution itself.

There are many famous historical figures that reached enlightenment in their respective power, crossing the very threshold that made them mortals.

Such figures included, Buddha, who gained six fundamental powers that allowed him to create miraculous scriptures for the generations to come. One of which was ability to see the past lives of the people. Due to evolution of time, the power to see past lives inspired great monks to create powers that controlled the flow of time and see the karma left behind by the people of the past.

The monk, received the part of the scripture that allowed him to control the flow of time and see the karma of any individual man.

“Hmm, I guess I will know the answer to it all when I reach a town with people in it. Now that I think about it, where am I?”

With a sudden realization the monk looked around. What he saw was, a plain filled with millions of stake. All had something written on it.

Kon Taiki – for forever rememberence

Ten Tennma – rest in peace

Fujiwara kazui – may your soul reincarnate in peace

Inukai Naho – rest in peace

….

“This….this place must be a cemetery….For me to intrude in such a sacred place, how clumsy of me”

He was about to turn around to get back on track but, decided otherwise.

“I should give them proper blessing and let them pass away in peace”

Saying so, the monk started reciting the mantra in Dharmic Scripture, used to bless the dead.

「Listen Sariputra, all phenomena bear the mark of Emptiness; their true nature is the nature of no Birth no Death, no Being no Non-being, no Defilement no Purity, no Increasing no Decreasing………」

The monk with sincerity hoped for the best for the deceased but, it seems the holy aura that became the mantle for the death, incited a change.

The death seems to have revived again as their skeletal bodies started resurrecting from the graves.

Skeletal bodies started their invasion to the land, as they crawled outside. Hundreds of skeletons climbed from their chamber.

Clink Clank

Clink Clank

The monk who was immersing himself in the mantra noticed the sudden change, flinched and jumped backward.

“I should’ve known…this grave seemed to be way too desolate. Without the protection of the monk, did they not know that the dead would be possessed by the [Will of the Dead]? Some of them are already strong enough to face multiple Shike by itself”

“Hello Human”

“Hello”

“Hello”

“Hello”

……………….

The biggest skeleton said its hello, and soon all the other followed after.

“Hello, ?”

“Fuhaa, why did you wake us up?”

“why?”

“why?”

“why?”

………..

Like a classroom in an elementary school, smaller skeletons repeated after the biggest skeleton.

“I came here in peace and I do not wish to engage in battle with your people. I was wishing for peace for the dead and meant no harm in waking your esteemed self. I apologize for waking you and your people up.”

The monk showed humility deserving of Shike, and took a step back as he apologized for disturbing their rest. He bowed deeply to show his respect and prepared to leave.

*Sigh*, even in their death the bodies wont be able to rest in peace, all I wish for them is a better life in their reincarnation. May Dharma, bring them prosperity…..

The monk knew that when the skeleton of a man is possessed by the [will of the dead], they form into a species of living organism. As a follower of Zen Buddhism he could not carelessly take the lives of the living as it will be recounted during his reincarnation to the after life.

However, all this will change when they start bearing fangs against the humans. Many monsters that successfully cultivated will stay peaceful toward the humans, but some will have a grudge and will occasionally cause great disturbance among the human society.

“Human, seeing your humility and willingness to bow you head to us, we shall forgive you for your intrusion”

“Human”

“Human”

“Human”

Smaller skeleton imitated the biggest skeleton

“Shush, let our guest speak”

The biggest skeleton waved its large hand and hushed the little skeletons.

“Thank you, sir Skeleton”

“You can call me Chiba, however, I didn’t say I forgave you for you disturbing our sleep”

“Do not push too far, sir Chiba, I do not wish to meaninglessly kill a living organism”

“Hoh, living organism you say? Do you consider us the skeletal race a living organism?”

“Yes, its all according to Dharmic teachings. We do not discriminate any organism with a soul. However, this will change if humans become threatened by such organism.”

“Recently, our numbers have been rapidly increasing due to some phenomenon, and it has caused some friction among our own race. If you helped us resolve this issue I might forgive you, little monk”

The monk scrunched his eyebrows, feeling dissatisfied by the commanding tone of the biggest skeleton

Why does he look so familiar……Wait isn’t he the famous, skeletal monster Gashadokuro?

“I didn’t think I would meet one of the famous skeletal species, Gashadokuro in such a remote place”

The monk said so while observing the large skeleton

“You….You know our race?”

“Of course, who wouldn’t? Such a famous race…hmm...wait…perhaps are you a new born?”

“Yes, you are indeed correct, I’ve only been recently born for 50 years in human year. For a race that's nearly extinct to know this…who are you?”

“What? Race that's nearly extinct? What are you on about? With the protection of several immortals our human race should be prospering, even against those primitive creatures!”

“Do you perhaps not know about the complete destruction of earth?”

“Destruction of the Earth?”

“Hehehe, if you help us resolve our problem than perhaps I will give you the answer you seek”

“Cunning, skeleton,” with a slight pause “Even then, you are right, I wish to know what happened while I was away, now tell me what I have to do to resolve your race’s problem”

“The information wont be cheap hehe, but for your esteemed self I’m sure it will be piece of cake…All I ask for is ” with a pause, to make it seem suspenseful “the fruit of the dead.”

“The fruit of the dead you say….”

Tch, what a greedy skelly. But as a shike that represents the very Zen….I should accept the quest and improve our already deteriorating relationship between the skeletal race.

“All right I accept the request….but, if you fail to follow on your promise, I have no remorse for taking your little head as a gift to some daimyo.”

The monk didn’t want his work to be all for nought, as he threatened Chiba. A manner unbefitting of shike, but unfortunately during his time, many unforgiving rumors of Gashadokuro spread among the island, which made for an unpleasant war between the monks and the Gashadokuro.

Causing hundreds of talented monks to their death while hundreds of already scarce Gashadokuro to die.

This war was still engraved upon the monk’s head while understanding that this war was but an another misunderstanding between the two sides. He couldn’t help but lament the death of his little brother due to such foolish war.

“Human, I in my short life have never broken any promise that I have made, this is the pride of our race, don’t sully our pride by questioning me of my conscience!”

Chiba roared in anger as his voice created a large sound wave enough to kill any ordinal human being. It directly hit the monk.

Monk’s clothes fluttered, Even then, the monk stood erect unmoving like a stone.

“I understand, I apologizing for questioning your moral standard.” The monk bowed.

“Tell me the place with the strongest death aura around here”

“Harrumph, its over there, that's where the humans bravery fought those damnable creatures, hehehe, more than a million died like a dog fighting a helpless war”

The vein popped up on top of the monk’s head but with great position that he was in and the representation of his sect, monk kept quiet and walked to the direction pointed by the monk.

*Gasp*

After walking for 10 minutes or so, he reached an area with such thick death aura, it caused even the experienced veteran monk to take in a deep breath.

Looking around he saw, thousands of skulls many broken, lying around. Even with his vast experience he couldn’t help but shiver at the sight. There weren’t any people of skeletal race, due to the fact that most of the bones were either incomplete or completely broken.

“Should….Should I use the Dharmic time scripture in here……”, while he thought so at first, remembering what happened to him before, he shook off the foolish idea.

“May, Dharma bring those died suffering for an eternal peace”

The monk cupped his hands as he prayed for their well being.

Right if I remembered correctly the fruit of the dead will usually take a year to create, but that is factoring the contributions of other disciples helping. Even so, with me so close to achieving immortality, it won’t be so hard....It should take only a month or so.

With his thought organized, the monk sat on a lotus position in middle of the battlefield. The monk, started chanting, a well known mantra for creating the fruit of the dead.

「The darkness, shall lead the world into prosperity, through their death Buddha allowed for…….」

As the monk chanted, a swirling black gale started forming a tornado opposing the monk. The tornado then started to carve into a round circle. Within another second, a perfect sphere could be seen right in front of the monk. The transparent spherical black gale was losing its transparency by bit by bit, as it continued to absorb the surrounding black smoke.

13. FoolishCarp

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3

5 days since the beginning of the secret operation. Thousands were chained from neck to toe, awaiting their trial. Trial of life and death.

These death rows, were all chained to the wall, unable to move even an inch. In front of them, a meeting between the president and the scientist were being played out. Right next to the prisoners were a glass covered room filled with human body parts and blood stains.

This room was where the injection of the mysterious energy and its experiments were carried out.

“Sir, after few hundred more tests we found a correlating evidence that pointed toward one theory.”

“So, there is actually a pattern in the success and the failure of the operation” James asked while burying his head on the report.

“Yes, sir, unlike quantum atoms, this substance seems to have a greater affinity with those with a strong belief, or should I say powerful [will].” The scientist with a white cloak answered in enthusiastic voice, while barely keeping himself from going back to continue working.

“A [will] you say? How can such pseudoscientific factor even affect the assimilation of the new found energy?”, With a questioning look, James raised his head and directly looked at the scientist.

“At first we also thought otherwise, however, we knew we mustn’t ignore such coincidence, and invited us some powerful psychologists. With the psychologists in our team, we started questioning individuals, and through analysis reports of psychologist, we found ourselves brand new 15 individual successes.”

“Hoho, that's a big leap from 1 in hundred to 15 in 100.”

After hearing the number of success, the president failed to hide his happiness and raised a voice.

Fifteen percent success rate. Miraculous indeed. With such results, forming an elite squad wouldn’t be a dream now.

The president was hysterically laughing inside as these recent days have been inducing strong headaches to him. Due to a sudden appearances of a powerful beasts, he had to dispatch thousands of soldiers to fight them, only to find 10 survivors escaping back home all critically injured.

Alongside the sudden surge of magical energy, bakemono/monster started repopulating the earth. Unlike ancient times, the population of such mythological beasts were tens or thousands of times greater.

Amid such thick energy, it wasn’t weird for millions of krakens to roam a single sea, or even hundreds of thousands of Fenrir to populate a single forest.

In North America, the most famous monster that even existed during the 21st century, Chupacabura, was causing terrifying attacks on settlements created to support the ever increasing population.

With so little people populating north America, numbering less than 4 million, the resources were said to be awfully abundant. First few years, no city wished for war as humanity was on its way to recovery. However, as many cities started their expansion, small conflicts were seen every day, and soon small conflicts resulted into big fights.

The insatiable hunger for power induced many new governors who were once a commander of their militant group, to launch a military campaign against their neighbors.

While men were busy fighting the endless war, female in United States of America were treated amazingly well. Their social standing, was above any common men and were only below the government officials and the rich bourgeoisies.

Due to the new policy introduced by the president, James Mattis: New Child policy, women who gave birth were given special privileges that allowed them a comfortable lifestyle.

Government elites once military organization, who had their fair share of learning economy together with management of their combatant, military organization were the best options for controlling the people during such critical time.

Important officials and middle class workers were encouraged to produce an offspring while lower class people were sent of to war to decrease the amount of “incompetent” citizens.

“How, did the operation to capture those Rothschild members go?”, after leaving the lab and checking on the results of the new energy, president asked his secretary who came looking for him.

“Unfortunately president, those people were as slippery as a snake, most of them were able to escape unscathed.”

“Unbelievable… for them to still hold power in this new world, they are indeed, the descendants who ruled earth through centuries. There should be a rat in the government.”

“Sir, one of the rat we kept under our watch, escaped. Langley, actually knew of our plans to clear out the Rothschild family.”

“Shit, what happened to the cia then?”

“Elite cia squad escaped our net of surveillance while the goons are doing their usual chores, most likely being kept under the dark of their leader’s escape”

“It seems like Langley only knew of our plot recently and hadn’t had enough time to educate his bunch. This is a good chance for us to take over the nuisance…go inform the loyalists in Cia and let their leader become the director of the Cia”

“Understood, I shall take my leave”

The president dismissing the secretary rushed to his room.

Lack of communication devices, has left us stranded…. Without proper contact method, I’m not sure if I can keep my power in check. However, to everything there are pros and cons, with this lack of proper communication we can easily control the opinion of the mass and swallow CIA without a hitch. This pro clearly outweighs the con.

Under the guise of shadow casted by night sky, a small silhouette could be seen approaching the meditating monk.

Ton Ton

The unknown creature patted the meditating monk’s shoulder, as if asking for his attention. The monk answering, the call stopped his meditation and slowly looked back.

“Oh, hello little skeleton, what are you doing all the way here?” the monk, asked calmly and with great patience, displaying his shike like personification.

“I’m here to play, do you want to play too?”

The little skeleton, jumped up and down, creating *clank clank* sound.

“I’m sorry but as of right now, I’m working for Chiba, and can’t play with you, maybe after I finish this I might be able to play,” the monk smiled.

“oh”

The little skeleton seemingly disappointed, drooped his head and looked at the dirt.

“How about you go play with your friend?”

The monk suggested.

“Are you the skull breaker that everyone talks about?”

The skeleton acted like he didn’t listen to the monk’s question and changed the topic.

Perhaps he doesn’t have a friend?

“Skull breaker?”

“Yeah! the bad guys, that crushes our people’s head! They are really scary people”

The little skeleton shivered at the very thought of his skull being crushed by the horrendous monster.

“I’m not a skull-breaker, but may I know a descriptive portrayal of these so called skull-breaker?”

The monk couldn’t help but wrinkle his eyebrows at the very thought of disregarding life and killing a sentient being.

“They are very tall! And they look like you, hehe, but with hair” with a slightly long pause, “Right, they wear bad clothes!”

“What, they look like me? That's not possible, according to our country’s policy of not killing a sentient being without a proper reason, this is an act of defiance against the shogunate!”

“Shog un ate? What’s that, is it something tasty? I like candies! I heard you are making a tasty candy for all of us, can I eat it?”

“Its Shogunate, the ruler of this feudal country…. Candy, no I’m not making a candy. But its true I’m making something that your race loves, but its going to take a while for it to be completed. Wait, the topic railed off, the so called skull-breaker… how many skull did they break?”

The monk couldn’t communicate effectively like his old self, due to being isolated for far too long.

“one, two, three…”

The skeleton started counting using its skelly fingers, but when he counted till ten, he showed a troubled expression.

“10, yeah, the skull breaker broke 10 heads!”

“10 that's a lot of dead skeleton, who would be so cruel to kill them….”

With new questions in mind the monk said his goodbye to the little skelly and caution him to be careful.

“You can ask me for help if those skull-breaker ever come attacking your friends”

“Really? Mister are you strong?”

The little skeleton showed a curious expression through his empty eye sockets and hand gestures.

“I am indeed strong enough to protect those needed”

The monk replied with strong sense of justice.

To dare oppose the shogunate, they are either Ronin or a bandit, it shouldn’t anger the current daimyo of the region.

“Wow! Amazing!!”

The little skeleton jumped up and down in excitement.

In middle of the early afternoon, two youngsters could be seen walking along the concrete road leading to nowhere. The two reached the point where the road started to elevate upwards.

“Kairi, are you sure this is where you’ve seen the ghost?”

Sho, a youth wearing black glases, could only ask unwillingly as he looked up at the steep hill.

“Yeah man, I’m pretty sure I saw it around here”

Kairi dismissed his friend’s question and continued his way to the graveyard.

“This place is really close to the grave so maybe you were just shaken and mistaken some leaf for a ghost or something?”

“Nah man, I saw it for real, I even remember hearing the sound of something being crushed under my feat.”

“Yeah yeah, I’ve heard it millions of times already, but how come you crushed those poor skeletons of our ancestors?”

“Ancestors, ptui, I give no shit about those dead people.”

“Dude at least you got to respect them, it's the least we can do”

“Yeah, I respect them when they are all quiet and DEAD, not suddenly waking up from their coffin and attacking me”

“What? You never told me that you fought with a skeleton”

Sho shouted in surprise, and caught Kairi by his shoulders.

Kairi once again turned to face Sho and “Oh my bad, I thought you already knew” showed a fraudulent [Oh I thought I already told you] face.

“God damn it Kairi, this is why no one likes you!”

“Chet, whatever, it’s not like I care about them any way”

“Haah, it feels like I’m talking to a rock or something, at least rock wont spout some bs like you right now”

Sho drooped his shoulders in defeat and sighed as he silently followed after Kairi.

Rustle rustle

Unfortunately for the duo, due to their bickering they didn’t two empty sockets observing them in the shadow, as they made their way to the graveyard.

“SKULL BREAKER !!”

“Hmu?”

“It’s here The SKULL BREAKER!!!!!” The little skeleton couldn’t hide his excitement as he shouted jumping up and down.

The skeleton was excited not because he saw the skull-breaker coming, but because he knew if he led this monk to solve the problem with the skull-breaker, his reputation among the little skeletons will increase and maybe he might be granted with some benefit from bigger skeletons.

“Ok ok, I heard it the first time, so they came back huh.”

The monk stood up from his lotus position and patted himself, clearing of all the dust that was built up on his body.

“Maybe by meeting with a real human, I might not even have to get the information from Chiba” the monk muttered.

However, even though he said so, as a Shike, will not do anything that will taint his reputation, even if it meant him doing extra work.

”Little skeleton please lead the way”

The cupped his hand in respect.

“Lets go〜〜♪ Let us fly♪ ” the little skeleton started singing his favorite song from the modern era, the “Lets go, something good ought to happen”.

It was one of the hit song for the children in Japan, as it was broadcasted in the tv show every morning as an ending song for the kids show.

What an amazing song.

The monk couldn’t help but sigh in amazement at such uplifting and encouraging lyrics that danced with its rhythm.

Japanese entertainment has progressed this far, now I’m getting a bit more excited to meet with the new Japan. Maybe, Japan has finally lifted of its shell and greeted its new beginning with the west?

The monk as a person who lived through Japan’s most barbaric timeline couldn’t help but overestimate Japan’s capability. His nationalistic ideology entangled with his rational thought.

Some of the conjecture thought by the monk was true however, the way in which Japan “opened its shell” differed from how the monk thought. It was a lot darker.