Discussion Did your preference in anime change over the years?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by InternetHitler, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Mahou-nii-sama

Mahou-nii-sama Ultimate Cannon Fodder

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.

A few years ago, when I was in hs, I could still stand ecchi shits and harem. Well, let's put hentai into the mix. From ecchi to hentai, I kid you not. There wasn't a day I did not watch one.

Now, just the mere mention of 'harem' and 'ecchi' in a certain show, manga or novel would make me nope the fuck out.

I now lean toward slice of life and romance, generally. ( I also used to avoid romance like the plague) Fuck plot, I like character interactions more.

I also used to watch and read shounen like it was no one's business; now I lean more on seinen.

But one thing that did not change is my love for the historical genre.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.
  2. lexlangel

lexlangel Shem's lost butler

Reading List:
    Link
    More like my preference in anime, it was more like i started with anime followed up with manga and then ended up in Light novels.
    It have been ages since i last saw some anime.
    Tough there are a few ones worth watching wich dont have LN nor manga version

3. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't stand the ecchi anymore.
    Probably because when I was younger I did not get the innuendos
    Also I do not find anime girls as attractive.
    Loli is a no no for me
    Also now that I understand the culture better, I can't believe I watched stuff like Usagi Drop :blob_coughblood:

TD;LR You grew up

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Mahou-nii-sama likes this.
  4. Messageboy

Messageboy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My taste in anime has changed greatly over the years, I recently don't have the focus or patience to watch the more predictable or cliche plots. I been expecting my MC's to actually have half a brain to deal with the idiotic challenges that is used to make it dramatic. I have also been leaning more towards MC's that doesn't have morals as long as it benefits them instead of the MC's that have to always do the right thing and show mercy to their enemies even if they murdered their parents in cold blood.

5. udonsage

udonsage [Underpaid Software Developer] [Lazy Novelist]

Reading List:
    Link
    I use to watch a lot of rom-coms back in the day but no longer choose too.Also, told myself to not waste my time watching anything with a high school as the main setting.. So, that stops me from watching most of the newer anime.

However, I did see some of the new anime in 2017 and a little of 2016 which still feels like "Hey we are highschoolers! Lets try to do something edgy or ecchi or both!" I think the newest one I watched was of witch academia tv series which felt like it was unique compared to other crap produced alot.

6. Kuroihagane

Kuroihagane Investi-gathor

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe a little. Back then I would be happily watch some hardcore ecchi, but now If I watch that kind of shit again I'm gonna scream "JUST F**K HER ALREADY!!!"

7. Ars Nova

Ars Nova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About preferences...i think mine didn't change ( no Yaoi NTR and other weird tags ), but like someone said above, my tolerance for cringy stuff is far much lower now. I often pause midway to punch a wall if cringy things happen xd

My no.1 of all time still haven't changed though, and i'm sure it won't until the end of time

8. figuy686686868686868

figuy686686868686868 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As the years go on, I've learned that I'll watch just about anything.

I used to have these high-standards and loft ideals for the perfect shows, but nowdays I'm willing to take gambles on shows. Heck, sometimes, when no one is around to judge me, I even watch romance shows. Just me, some pulled blinds, locked doors, headphones, monitor, and a bowl of popcorn.

9. pichia

pichia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm as grow older , i watch less anime...
    Abt preference I still like some shounen and shoujo anime but not much.. Maybe 1 or 2 anime per season
    Ofc comedy n slice of life are my choices~^^