Digimon Adventure Upcoming Reboot (News and Stuff)

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by AliceShiki, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    The quality is shit...
    Wait... They ain't thinking making separate release with different quality..
    TV and Blu-ray
    Right?

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad to share! ^^)/

And it's great, digimon always had a special place in my heart~ <3
    Oh, maybe that might be it, it created different expectations for you about the rest of the franchise I guess?

What I usually hope to see are digidestined children thrown into a different world and struggling to survive, save the world and deal with the fact they're in a completely new environment while away from their parents and what not.

So when Savers worked with teenagers and then going willfully into the digital world and having such a hateful MC like Masaru... I had a hard time getting into it... >.>
    I think Digimon aged really well tbh. The series often touches on more mature topics than what is the norm for children shows.

Try giving the Digimon Adventure Tri series (easily available on Crunchyroll) a shot and see if you like it. It's a sequel to the Original Digimon Adventure series, but with a more mature audience in mind.

While I don't think the core audience for the reboot will be mature audiences, I'm pretty sure they'll try to make the show both for kids and adults~

I mean... It's the 20th anniversary of Digimon after all, they have to be mindful of the people that watched it 20 years ago and wanna watch it again now.
    I never liked her being shipped with Yamato tbh, but maybe they'll go for Sora X Taichi this time.

However, IIRC the Epilogue of 02 said that Yamato and Sora got married, so... While there was some ambiguity in the original series, it eventually settled down with those 2.
    Really? It looked pretty good to me...

3. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe I exaggerate it..
    The reboot look somewhat odd compare to 1999 version..
    It feels like something is lacking

4. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Tailmon (gatomon) is not on the picture but kari (I belive thats her name) is reaching out to catch a white feather covered in pink light. So does this mean that her partner will get kidnappend or leave the party for some reason?
    As far as i know every digilution tailmon got gives it wings and feathers.

Can't wait for the remake to come out, just hope it is an improvment not a downgrade...

5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the 1999 version used animation software from the 2000s, while the new one will use software from 2020... I think it would be pretty weird if they didn't look different! xD

I feel like the new art is very smooth.
    Her name is Kari in the dub and Hikari in the original~

And yes, Tailmon's digivolution (Angewomon) does have wings~

As for why Tailmon isn't in the pic, Hikari's character profile talks a bit about it! ^^)/
    So uhn... It's currently a mystery, but she won't be with them at the start~

And I'm looking very forward to it as well! I doubt it will be a downgrade, but it will certainly be quite different from how it was in the past~

DragonMage18 likes this.
  6. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, I'm quite excited about it, I've been following it for a bit.
    I'm a bit worried about the fact that they can apparently travel between the digital and real word. Also I hope they don't dumb it down since Digimon had a lot of mature themes in it.

As for the digimon knowing the gang before, maybe its like the case of the first digimon movie where they met when they were even younger.

7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt they'll dumb it down for the 20th anniversary series, I mean... They must be aiming at the audience that is nostalgic as well as new audience. So they should go hard on mature themes I think, even if still making it as a children's anime.

And you could be right about the thing about knowing them when younger, but I'll be happy if they're actually the same digimon as the original partners from the original series~ :blobsmilehappyeyes:

8. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    Release date = April 5th

9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

10. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobshh: dont foil my thread bumping plan :blobowoevil_horns:

AliceShiki likes this.
  11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    On that note, I should actually share some new info we got... Nothing very relevant, but there was a thing or two...

Like cast of VAs and a small bit of the ending song.

I'll do it later when on PC~

12. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Released in Japan means online not long after. I wonder if anything is being done in Aki to promote the new release??

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully it goes to Crunchyroll soon after! \(^^)/

Meanwhile, the Kizuna movie has had the airings in some US theaters cancelled already because of the coronavirus... T.T

Now to hope a blu-ray release comes soon.

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, we got plenty of updates since I made this thread, let's go over them!

First, the 2nd official trailer is out!

Next, we have a slightly longer video... It seems like an interview with the director of the show or something, I dunno, it's all in Japanese. There is a small bit of footage in this video that isn't show in any of the two trailers though, so you might want to take a look at it~

Also, we got a new promotional image for the new series! \(^^)/

[​IMG]

*grumbles about Mimi's hat being white instead of Pink* I really liked the pink hat... *pouts*

Oh, and we got the name of the 1st Episode too, it's: "Tokyo: Digital Crisis!"

In addition to all that, we also got the cast list! https://withthewill.net/threads/digimon-adventure-cast-and-new-trailer.23216/
    I don't know most of the VAs listed there, but basically all humans changed and all Digimon (except Tailmon) remained the same. Also, the VA of Goku will be the narrator~ :aww::aww::aww:

And lastly, we got a small exert of the ending song. It's about 45s of it or something... I believe this link will take you directly to the point the song starts, but... If it doesn't, it's the 6th song in the video and starts at about 2:52 in it. Its name is: "Kuyashisa wa Tane" (Regrets Bring Fruit).
    Edit: Link does not take you to the proper timestamp, so you'll need to reach it manually.

Ah, okay, now for the real last thing, I almost forgot this one... There is now an official Twitter Account for the new Digimon Series, for all you people that actually use Twitter and happen to speak Japanese: https://twitter.com/digimon_tv

Aaaaand, that's about all info I had to share for now, I'll update again if we get any new updates~

PS: For all of you bummed out that the Last Evolution: Kizuna movie won't air in your country or that the airing was cancelled because of the Corona Virus, you can always read the novelization of it here: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/digimon-adventure-last-evolution-kizuna-dash-x/
    PPS: A reminder to not share spoilers for those that are waiting for the movie.
    PPPS: A reminder that the upcoming TV Series is a reboot and has basically nothing to do with Kizuna, I just wanted to advertise the Novel Translation by Onkei a bit~

Bonus: This one has nothing to do with the new upcoming Anime nor Kizuna, but I wanted to share it anyways... Meet the Vtuber, Lilymon! From Bandai's Official Twitter!

[​IMG]

AFAIK they won't make Vtuber Lilymon a real thing, but it's a cute art nonetheless~

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    Fossil likes this.
  15. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a bit weird hearing people say they only watched it a few years ago.

16. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hope the digivolutions is like the original.

17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link