Digimon Reboot: Episode Discussion [Spoilers, duh]

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Gandire Alea, Apr 5, 2020.

?

Do you think one of Kouji Wada’s songs will be played at some point in time??

1. Butterfly

42.9%
  2. Brave Heart

52.4%
  3. There won’t be any of his songs playing...

28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why i said it should still have a pretty good range though. I should be fast enough to reach before they escape it. Well, either way, the writers decided to avoid the issue by not using that attack.

2. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So... a full digivolution animation for wargreymon. Can we start a petition for equality for all?

They should use tri's digivolution animation there.It is better than what the other five is currently experiencing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2020
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, the episode didn't air yet though? *confused Alice noises*

4. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there was a youtube video about this released not too long ago

5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmmmmmmm, this episode was kind of a mixed bag to me, like... I really liked the part that had Taichi tripping and falling, and then needing Agumon's encouragement to keep going. As well as him immediately contacting everyone about the situation right after that. This one was really nice~

The way Jou and Mimi were so relaxed about all that OTOH was... Jarring. It felt completely out of character for them to me.

Another part I liked was the chase scene, with Taichi buying time for the Woodmons and Budmons, and like... Them trying to stand up for themselves and dying in the process was good. Taichi didn't go like, "We have to save everyone" or "I won't let any of them die", he didn't spout any of that nor was he able to actively do it... Some of them fell, and that was a part of it that he just had to accept while he moved forward.

And then the part that Sora rescued him was like... Mmmmm... Interesting I guess? He needed to flee at that point if he wanted to survive, but that would mean leaving the Woodmons and Budmons to their deaths... But he would probably die if he just stayed there, he was too outnumbered... I liked how they used the numbers to their advantage even though most of the enemies were individually weaker than Metal Greymon.
    I'm not sure if I liked the timely Sora rescue as it gave him a 3rd option, or if I'm disappointed he wasn't forced to flee... At the same time, fleeing would be out of character for him by now, so I guess her rescue was necessary.

Though I must say the fights are not giving the same feeling the early ones gave, like... I do appreciate the wide variety of possible movements that Metal Greymon has, it certainly allows for more than just "Ha ha, special move go brrr", but it still feels like less effort was put into them when compared to the fights of the early episodes.
    I mean, I can still see teamwork between Sora and Taichi, but it's not dynamic, it's just showing them fighting in two fronts at the same time, which is... Well, okay I suppose.

Overall I liked this episode, but it wasn't particularly amazing~

I'm kinda disappointed that War Greymon will come before they reunite with Skullknightmon and Hikari, ngl... I bet it's gonna be a good scene, but I'm still disappointed.

Ah, and on a side note, Lopmon kinda disappeared, I wonder where he went~

6. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So... how many of you will bet that we will get sequential digivolution for mega level?

7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not expecting it tbh, Taichi got a lot of buildup to Wargreymon, but the others... Not really?

So I think each character will have 2-3 episodes to get their mega... Or at least I hope so.

8. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reapermon! I still remember using diamond storm and kohenkyo when playing renamon against this bastard, never evolving at that stage. Thankfully the area is good for running away like that. Have you played digimon rumble arena in your childhood? Hopefully they do him justice.

AliceShiki likes this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG! I remember that! That digimon was soooooo broken!!! xD

I'm glad that they're really digging into those old stuff to get new digimon for the series, gives me loads of nostalgia~

10. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no episode huh... Well, I hope we see an uptick in animation quality. But given that they may use the previous week just as a break and parrotmon's episode animation quality is one of the uptick, then as trend says, it will be a step down as usual. 4 days before next episode.

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I guess there was a new year's break~

Shiki likes this.
  12. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This episode is rather boring. I like that there is more exposition in this episode. It is just gokumon is just unnecessary. In fact the fighting in this episode doesn't add anything.

We already know that Taichi can beat bakemon, or metalfantomon. There is no tension at all for the moment. Unlike the original, wargreymon did not need to spend his time resting after devolving into agumon (while somehow takeru who just digivolve patamon into angemon need this). For me, I appreciate it if we get exposition, or character development more in this episode.

Meanwhile, koushirou just add that ISS info, but the solution they have is to beat milleniummon (or fragments of it) and hope for the best. Am I the only one who feel that it is out of sync? The milleniummon needs to be beaten by 6 legendary warrior and 7 holy digimon. They only have one. There is also no guarantee that Takeru and Hikari's digimon is a member of the 7 holy digimon or the member of the army of angemons (Logically they are one, but that shot of angemon and angewomon made me doubt that since cherubimon is shown as cherubimon). They say that takeru's patamon is a holy digimon though. Chance for them to make this a red herring is close to 0 considering that angemon is already shown to be powerful and have special quality.

All in all, I guess that ISS case will be solved before they defeat milleniummon. Though, there is something that bothers me. Why is there a sorting algorithm of evil in cloud continent? The eternal continent have plenty of that human world energy, so why don't they send mega instead of devimon there? Why don't they have darkknightmon lead?

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, there was a lot of exposition in this episode for sure, and the fight didn't have much tension indeed... But it didn't feel that bad to me, they're just making sure every episode has its bit of fighting to keep the target audience hooked. Can't be helped.

The part about Koushirou looking those things up also seem a bit unnecessary for the most part, though it is a bit curious to see that they're targeting Tokyo again, I mean... Why? Before I thought it was their target because the children were there, but that's no longer the case, so... Why Tokyo? I wonder if there is something else there~

As for the 7 Holy Digimon... Uhn... I think you misinterpreted something? Lopmon said that there was a pair of Holy Digimon that were key to restoring the digital world, so... Only 2 among the chosen children and stuff.

And as for why Devimon is in the Cloud Continent instead of any other digimon? My guess is that Devimon was smart. Like... Him, Nidhoggmon and DarkKnightmon were there. DarkKnightmon as a supervisor of sorts, while Nidhoggmon was more of a pawn, and Devimon was managing things... It's quite different from almost all antagonists we saw on this continent that seemed to be basically mindless pawns. Their ability to manage things in a faraway continent would probably be much smaller.

Also, it's important to remember that the small baby digimon that is hacking the satellites data had never appeared before now, and it's only with their power that they are being able to make so many ultimate/mega digimons left and right. Before that the only times they could make a mega were either by collecting all data they had available at once in one digimon (Algomon and Nidhoggmon were like that), or by using Milleniumon's power directly into Devimon.

... My guess is that they were still in the planning stages of their evil mastermind plan and didn't have all their tools in motion, so Devimon, Nidhoggmon and Darkknightmon were actually their strongest options at the time.

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    This new episode was pretty nice, I like how Patamon's evolution came from himself this time around, instead of coming from Takeru~

I also like how they're cementing the concept that Patamon's line is much more broken than the rest, they only touched it on a bit in the original, but now they're really digging into it~

And the part that Seraphimon slowly sank into darkness and that's why he regressed all the way into Angemon was also cool. It was a nice touch to explain why he wasn't Seraphimon from the start and stuff~

15. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just carrying on tradition, when despite everyone getting power boost over og your still story breaker and they had to nerf you but still a god

16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea what you mean with this post.

17. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Angemon has has always been op even since og series, even with the buffs everyone gets h's still the most op and show had to nerf him even then his armor is still freakishly strong

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh... Well, that's kind of what I had said though?

19. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm happy with this episode... :aww::aww::aww:

It's constant battle as usual, true. But character development! Hikari & tailmon character development, in the same episode where hikari meet Tailmon originally. The white knight nature of Tailmon, where she doesn't want to put hikari in the way of harm is refreshing. Is this the effect of being a dark knight previously?:blob_tilt::blob_tilt::blob_tilt:

Mantaraymon, Manbomon & pegasmon is here so it is a patamon armor digivolution fest.:blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

AliceShiki likes this.
  20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye! I liked their development to get the digivice! It was really wonderful! \(^^)/

Like... It makes sense for Tailmon to want her to stay away from the battle and protect us if you think objectively... But it's cute seeing how much she wants to be together and how that powers their bond and lets her Light spread to everyone, really lovely~

And it seems like she'll already get Angewomon next episode... Though I guess that's understandable with how everyone already has Perfects and Taichi even has a Mega already.