Spoiler Discussion in Spoiler Threads

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Westeller, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Aksakov229

Aksakov229 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind about all discussions in here, as long as only the spoiler will have the blue tab-thing, so it's easier to find them.

X"D my heart just hurt so much but still want to read the spoilers! Please give us more spoiler.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    snzzykitten and AnimeHuntress like this.
  2. MOMO26

MOMO26 Have a coffee

Reading List:
    Link
    SPOILER!!!! GO TO THE DISCUSSION THREAD TO SHOUT YOUR OPINION, IF NOT:

MC GREW UP IN A NOBLE HOUSE WITH BIG DEBT

NOTE THAT YOU BTCHES
    BOTH ML AND MC SUFFERED SHITTY LIFE, NOW REREAD THE DESCRIPTION BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING LIKE NOW!!! THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR SPOILERS. IF YOU'RE NOT FOLLOWING I'LL GO BTCH MODE

Bonzai likes this.
  3. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Newsflash BITCHES, go the the very first page, there at the very top, there is title 'Discussion in Spoiler thread', but since you are too lazy to read the rules, and I have so much time and Wi-fi to waste, I just copy-paste it for you (no-edit)

evanesco99211 likes this.
  4. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    So what happened are we in a discussion thread now :blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy: confused :blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy:

5. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no section of this site, well where we the public can post at least, that is not open for respectful discussion of the topic at hand in the thread.

6. Elisee

Elisee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stop discussing in spoiler threads. If you don't like ml or fl characters, don't read it.

Also some of the pages contain very few spoilers and the rest are just people who talk about their dislike of ml or fl which has nothing to do with the spoiler thread.

7. applebeans

applebeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it possible to have child of a thread become fader as it gets more offtopic?

For example, there’s a novel about a girl who lost her mother and finds her father, the readers don’t have concrete information and vented how mothers always die in such novels,

And that the father is trash for not finding the kid sooner.

Then there are others who will come up to defend the father, prompting others to bring up he same points brought up before about the dad’s incompetence

During this, no concrete spoiler was added, no one looked up what had actually happened and why the father didn’t look for his kid. No one actually knows how the novel will end later, why the FL can get back to the past, what father’s past is like, or how the FL and ML will meet each other.

So can posts that repeats what other people have said, or child of a discussion (reply to A’s post that replied to B’s post that replied to C’s post that replied to A’s post that replied to B’s post replying to A’s post), or a post that gets too many “downvotes” - - can those posts become darker/smaller to signify they have strayed far away or is a grandgrandgrandchild of an opinion post?

- - - -
    Actually I agree that if you are not directly discussion a spoiler/adding spoiler, you should create a new thread just for discussing it

Is okay:
    - father is such a lazy bum because XXX that is in chapter 12X, you see how he did YYY because of the VVV
    - any discussion as long as it’s still centred around the story.
    - chapter 20X where MC realised that GGG is a PPP

shouldn’t be allowed:
    - quoting an opinion on MTLed chapter: you’re right! I don’t know what happened but if that’s what the father did then he’s disgusting and deserves to DDD.
    —————————-
    I wanted to read more but seems like it’s true that this father is a big DDD.
    ——————————

I’m laughing at people thinking father is a DDD when P from Y novel actually did something worse, he VVV and HHH. But this father is DDD just because he FFF.
    —————————

Yep, I don’t know why people keep defending him.
    ——————————

- anyone have the link to the full novel?
    - where can I read this full and free? -> please don’t ask for this in the forum -> I’m sorry I’m just curious because everyone had read it all -> I know, but it’s because BBBB and XXXX that we are not VVV, that’s why people are HHHH. (This is example of prolonged discussion that was ok at first but becomes longer and more off-topic as it gets more reply)
    - 5 and more posts just repeating “spoilers please?” All from different users and within one week.
    - discussion on spoiler that devolve into fights of who is right or wrong and attack on a person’s character
    a: I think XXX is a YYY.
    b: I don’t think XXX is a YYY
    a: well I think XXX is a YYY because he VVV and UUU
    b: well you are entitled to your wrong opinion that XXX is a YYY I don’t think so and I don’t agree, you are a CCC for saying that.
    a: you’re being defensive because you are projecting into XXX, you’re both YYY

If you don’t agree then just don’t and leave it at that, if b doesn’t agree, I don’t think a can say anything to change b’s mind. It’s different if b and a had actually quoted the spoiled chapter or events to support their argument.
    a: XXX is YYY because of chapter 50.
    b: no, in the extra you get XXX’s inner thoughts and he actually isn’t YYY.
    a: oh I haven’t read to that! So XXX isn’t very YYY after all! But I still think he’s a bit FFF since in chapter 70 he said ......

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  8. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it's not. At least, not without heavily modifying the forum somehow and that's just not in the cards at the moment.

Asking for links, discord invites, thank yous, and such are basically just spam, and we can remove them whenever they become an issue. Just report them if they're cluttering up a thread. Also report totally off topic posts, or people arguing about the entire discussion thing (the latter of which will be moved here). As for long discussions... well, yeah, people are allowed to have them, and they're allowed to bicker with each other. As long as it's about the novel - the story, the characters. They're definitely allowed to bicker over MTL results, too, since that's where many spoilers come from to begin with.

My best suggestion would be to encourage people to use the ToC post so you don't have to read any arguments you don't want to. Or make liberal use of the forum's "ignore" function if a few specific people are doing nothing but arguing and you just want to hide it.

applebeans likes this.
  9. BananaShake

BananaShake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys just dropping by to get some spoilers but I guess this is a discussion thread woops.

10. Le_Tired

Le_Tired Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, I understand the frustration when one peruses through 10 pages of a thread of a favorite manhwa / novel and seeing heated debates instead of actual spoilers, but I just want to gently point out that passive aggressive comments are discouraging to general users who may be contributing MTLs in the future. After doing ~ <30 TOCs, a common trend I've observed is that the users leading the discussions in threads tend to be the ones who supply the MTLs or summaries for the thread. A sizable number of discussion posts are also likely to contain spoilers and they're interesting to read through, even if there may be a difference of opinion, b/c it's fun to read diff. perspectives of the content presented.

I actually just bought the second bk of ESOS but:
    1) I'm finishing up ~5 TOCs...the character descriptions take time and I also have to verify some of the posts before including it in the TOC
    2) I'm still in the middle of MTLing / doing summaries for 3rd bk of "I'm a wolf but I won't harm you"
    3) I read chinese novels
    4) I can't neglect my real life, skincare routine, or career

I also have 1st bk of "He's a supporting character but I love him", 3rd bk of "I have no health", and 3rd bk of "How to get my husband on my side", (except that bk is stuck in ridi and I have to find a way to export it). As much as I enjoy reading content, it's still an overall hassle and time consuming activity to MTL it. The epub has to be copy & pasted on phone from googleplay to google doc, as google play won't let me copy MTL from laptop browser, before switching to laptop, which adds more time b/c it has to be reformatted and checked to see if it's intelligible. And b/c I bought epub and not separate chs like on Kakao or Naver, 10-20 chs will be combined into one chapter, which will be 40-60+ pages long, so it has to be divided into parts.... I find it admirable when I see users providing info on multiple threads b/c I don't have the aptitude to MTL or type a summary for hours.

My main motivation in providing the MTLs for novels is actually to see how people feel about it and talk about the story w/ others; I love reading other people's takes, even if I don't necessarily agree. I also understand that not everyone has the means to support the creator and I remember how annoying it was not to have disposable income and have to turn to my parents. However, I have no other motivation to do MTLs b/c the process is incredibly painful for google play books / epubs.

I'm not trying to be a dick about this response, I also want other people to know b/c this is a common grievance I've seen. I don't think the post is intentionally malicious but it's still a bummer to read it. Discussion is allowed in the thread and users who frequently contribute, me included, don't owe anyone anything.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  11. Le_Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for passive aggressively moving my post addressing why I don't want to read passive aggressive posts from people complaining about discussion posts of the novel / manhwa & feeling entitled to other users providing them spoilers. I was very considerate in my og post and you know what? I don't think I've ever seen you provide any spoilers for any threads and the posts I do see are just negative complain-y ones - I would know b/c I've gone through 300+ pages to do TOCs.

For anyone who doesn't know, I provided the side stories for the thread and I purchased book 2 w/ the intention of eventually doing a summary / MTLing for this thread. I will not be doing that anymore since I don't care to respond to childish entitlement.

I copied the original post below.

peace.

Hey, I understand the frustration when one peruses through 10 pages of a thread of a favorite manhwa / novel and seeing heated debates instead of actual spoilers, but I just want to gently point out that passive aggressive comments are discouraging to general users who may be contributing MTLs in the future. After doing ~ <30 TOCs, a common trend I've observed is that the users leading the discussions in threads tend to be the ones who supply the MTLs or summaries for the thread. A sizable number of discussion posts are also likely to contain spoilers and they're interesting to read through, even if there may be a difference of opinion, b/c it's fun to read diff. perspectives of the content presented.

I actually just bought the second bk of ESOS but:
    1) I'm finishing up ~5 TOCs...the character descriptions take time and I also have to verify some of the posts before including it in the TOC
    2) I'm still in the middle of MTLing / doing summaries for 3rd bk of "I'm a wolf but I won't harm you"
    3) I read chinese novels
    4) I can't neglect my real life, skincare routine, or career

I also have 1st bk of "He's a supporting character but I love him", 3rd bk of "I have no health", and 3rd bk of "How to get my husband on my side", (except that bk is stuck in ridi and I have to find a way to export it). As much as I enjoy reading content, it's still an overall hassle and time consuming activity to MTL it. The epub has to be copy & pasted on phone from googleplay to google doc, as google play won't let me copy MTL from laptop browser, before switching to laptop, which adds more time b/c it has to be reformatted and checked to see if it's intelligible. And b/c I bought epub and not separate chs like on Kakao or Naver, 10-20 chs will be combined into one chapter, which will be 40-60+ pages long, so it has to be divided into parts.... I find it admirable when I see users providing info on multiple threads b/c I don't have the aptitude to MTL or type a summary for hours.

My main motivation in providing the MTLs for novels is actually to see how people feel about it and talk about the story w/ others; I love reading other people's takes, even if I don't necessarily agree. I also understand that not everyone has the means to support the creator and I remember how annoying it was not to have disposable income and have to turn to my parents. However, I have no other motivation to do MTLs b/c the process is incredibly painful for google play books / epubs.

I'm not trying to be a dick about this response, I also want other people to know b/c this is a common grievance I've seen. I don't think the post is intentionally malicious but it's still a bummer to read it. Discussion is allowed in the thread and users who frequently contribute, me included, don't owe anyone anything.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  12. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're talking to me - the person who moved your post (only forum staff can do that) - I moved it because this is where it belongs. It does not belong in in the spoiler thread for Elegant Sea of Savagery. It belongs in this thread, "Discussion in Spoiler Threads". The title is fairly straightforward. I did not "passive aggressively" move it. I "aggressively" moved it, and I will "aggressively" move any further off-topic posts you make in that thread or any other.

For what it's worth, I liked your post. I agreed with what you said. I sympathized.

That doesn't change that you posted it in the wrong thread, so I moved it. As I moved the post you replied to in the first place.

13. Le_Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the clarification, I apologize for the tone of my post. I'll keep that in mind in the future

14. Sadistic Nyx

Sadistic Nyx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For anyone who came for spoilers and is smart enough to start from the last page unlike me, there's only 2 spoiler by i think autumn leaf in page 11.

The rest are just opinions and quite a few misleading informations.

Ps: Wasn't there suppose to be 2 different thread one for discussion and one for spoilers ? Did some rules change?

15. Jo5ee

Jo5ee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honey shut the f up. People can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone physically or mentally. And I don't write my long essay as you put it, to get the authors attention. The fuck is wrong with you and assuming thing?? And u can go pound sand cause writing isn't hurting anyone. U insensitive clown

Let's not forget I ain't forcing you to read my comments so if u read it and u don't like it leave it the fuck alone and just don't comment you dumb fuck

16. MightyDragoon453

MightyDragoon453 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Skip this if you will. This is just me throwing my hat in the ring and looking over it.

As someone who also does essays on characters and stuff and the thought of doing it on official channels. Naw this is easier.

It can be easier to yell in the void unless you get there early.

Besides this a forum meant to be discussing spoilers, theorizing outcomes and analyzing character and plot motivations, and overall critique on the story.

Again I don't write the essays just for the authors, I write them mainly for myself and other fans of the series. Besides, sometimes those essays do contain the stuff of value. Don't forget a lot of informal spoilers for some of them.

Though I do admit, I honestly prefer an essay on why a character sucks than just "man what a bitch, she annoyed the fl" when that seems to be her only crime and it goes in an echo chamber when the rest of the thread goes on the suckiness of that character, it can get old fast.

For other people, writing out essays could be a good way to learn more about a character they might not have before in both positive and negative ways. Like for instance, I've shared spoilers about Maydare Tales of Reincarnation on Airi, whilst in a spoiler-ish essay (I gave both spoilers and thoughts on her), Airi is a not very well-liked character and I tried to analyze her behavior over her actions as a whole, why she might have done them and her viewpoint during the story.

It's actually quite a lot of fun but alas effort.

While it might be good for the author, the author might already know that and did it deliberately, but they aren't the ones who might benefit from it the most, for others it might be a new perspective or insight into a character. Like more and more people are re-examining Remarried Empress for instance and looking over Rashta in particular and acknowledging as dislikeable as she is she has her reasons for what she does and even why she might act the way she does.

it is usually good for insight or reader subtext, seeing what other people have picked up about the relationships and plot which isn't explcit or even told, but still exists in the narrative and it can be fun to dig out the inferences there.

northerner, Cooco and Emma626 like this.
  17. maxi.tempest.

maxi.tempest. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi!! The spoiler thread is full of discussion, I don't know the real spoilers or not. Could someone tell if the father will marry the woman because of politics?? I might drop this if that 'cause I just want the father and daughter moments not with any others.

18. Flowing_Time

Flowing_Time Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please, it's spoiler thread right ? :blob_teary: yet it's full of discussion, I'm sure there's a separate thread for that. I have to go through 11 pages just to find a real spoilers :blob_teary:

19. autumn_leaf

autumn_leaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually i think most people are right . This is spoiler and not discussion thread and if we r talking about the duke let's stop cause peeps he could have had a child with the dame if he wanted but never so this should make it clear that he only loves Leah. He doesn't have a child and that makes r Louie the legal heir rather than the dame's son.

20. Sitron17

Sitron17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i do think like you it's full of foolish discussion and very very less and useful spoil. their only 2 like you said. someone who read the novel really thanks to her/him.
    13 page of nothing what a waste of time

PS : the rule didn't change; juste they don't respect it
    I hope in the future they'r will be spoil and not discussion opinion