Feature Request Dislike button

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Cfourify, Jun 24, 2016.

1. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or you can just realize that people have a different opinion from you and move on with your life.

HesheFell, DarkArts and Greedyspree like this.
  2. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    This

3. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link

I get where you are coming from with this, but it's still a horrible idea. Whether or not a novel is good or bad is up to each person. It's entirely subjective. If you like the novel and want to dislike a review, what happens when someone likes a novel you disliked, are you going to dislike their dislike of your review? It never ends that way. Just assume that people can read the synopsis, the reviews, ask other people, maybe read a little, and then make their own decisions.

Greedyspree likes this.
  4. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    Far from it, I just dont take my anger and hate out on others to make myself feel superior. That is also not the point of reviews or likes, its not about how many people agree, its about whether or not people enjoy it. Some will, some wont. At the end of the day both are correct because everyone's opinion is their own. The way you have posted thus far just shows that you basically want a dislike button, not to improve anything, but to hate on others opinions. What would that do except hurt others for no real reason? If you dont agree with their reviews, leave your own.

5. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be nice considering the reviews get updated sometimes.

This^
    If only I wasn't at like limit...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2016
    Shio and Greedyspree like this.
  6. Big Boy

Big Boy Weeabo Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't support this idea.
    If we had a dislike button, then people would know that my snide comments are genuinely mean, and not sarcastic.

Also it's extremely petty. If someone has a different opinion, then more power to them, I guess. If it is obviously trolly or just flat-out offensive then just report them. The rules here might be loose, but they still do exist.

7. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    Um... do you even... whatever...:coffee:

8. Winged Basilisk

Winged Basilisk [Lord of Lurkers]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm for it on reviews not on the forums. There's many times someone makes quick assumption about problems in the story and stop reading when they are all fixed within the next chapters if they just keep on reading.

P.S I can just put a counter argument on the forums but I don't want to do that reviews just so I can disagree with ur comment.

9. Kuro no Maou

Kuro no Maou BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABY

Reading List:
    Link
    If you need to release your emotions, go punch a tree or something. Seeing the current state of the community, most people would "dislike" every post which expresses an opinion different from theirs.

10. Cfourify

Cfourify Undercover FBI agent

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah you sound so mature you must be one of those people who like death march. I get it some people are afraid of rejections. Its ok nobodies gonna hurt you. And one more thing you one of the reason that fb doesnt have a dislike button XD

11. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    It bring emnity between NUF member

12. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    That might actually be useful.
    Makes sense.

13. Cfourify

Reading List:
    Link
    It wont if its only in the review and if they made it so that no one would know who dislike

14. Kuro no Maou

Reading List:
    Link
    You are all over the place. "oh you made a sound argument. bet you also like something else i dont like. cunt"

15. Cfourify

Reading List:
    Link
    Whats the point on hitting trees you will only hurt yourself its much better hitting other people this is one of the reason I enjoy being in a dojo you could spar anytime XD

16. Kuro no Maou

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, Jan.

17. Cfourify

Reading List:
    Link
    You made me sound like a true keyboard warrior nothing less from an expert. Thank you very much sensei haha

18. Cfourify

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's jan? Im kinda lost sensei

19. questmas

questmas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree with that. People are and will definitely use it to show whether they agree or disagree with the review so you should definitely account for people using it for that function. And that is a perfectly legitimate use because the readers will read reviews by most liked to get a sense of what the story is like. A review that many people agree with would be a good indication of what the series is like.

Dislike button can help differentiate between reviews that a generally agreed with and reviews that are more controversial. The question is whether you want to show how many people strongly disagree with a review. It could be more useful as a reader knowing that 5 people like it but 5 people also dislike it rather than just 5 people like it.

20. Leachinator

Leachinator [Jedi master general] Most Special Snowflake

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think a dislike button would actually improve anything but i would very much like to be able to undo a like on reviews. I doesn't make any sense that I can like a review but then the reviewer can edit and change the review but i can't edit my like not to mention that some novels just drop in quality over time. Plus i once accidentally liked a review that i really didnt actually like because i wasn't used to the like button and i was trying to hit the "see more" option.

Edit: honestly a "was this review helpful" type system like Amazon would probably be better than the like system anyways.