Japanese Dismissed from the Hero’s Party because they don’t need my Training Skill, so I Strengthen my [Fief]

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by gautam1989, Apr 26, 2021.

1. gautam1989

gautam1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alternate Name: Ikusei Skill wa mou iranai to Yuusha Party wo kaiko saretanode, taishokukin ga wari ni moratta 【 Ryochi】 wo tsuyoku shite miru

Japanese Name:
    育成スキルはもういらないと勇者パーティを解雇されたので、退職金がわりにもらった【領地】を強くしてみる

Novelupdates Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series...got-as-a-replacement-for-my-retirement-money/

Raw Link: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n7411fd/

Mangaupdates Link(for adaptation): https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=172980

Description:

27-year old veteran adventurer Eiga James was once the center of the Hero's party. However he specialized in the [Training] skill which is no longer necessary now that all his teammates have grown strong. Unable to keep up with his companions, he was dismissed from the party.

However, because he had made a great contribution to the party till now, he received a small「Fief」as a retirement bonus.

As my heart felt the loneliness of leaving the life of Adventure and I headed to my territory, I had a thought after seeing the seven villages with their 2500-strong population. My thoughts are the following… I wonder if I train these people, won’t my territory become strong enough that we could even defeat the demon lord?

Why It Should Get Picked Up:

Stories where the main character is kicked out of the hero party and lives a slow life are extremely common. However most of them follow the same infuriating formula: The MC's former companions are treacherous arseholes who didn't recognise his potential and unfairly threw him out, he finds a slave girl, discovers a hax ability and gets a harem and eventually gets his revenge against them while they struggle without him etc. etc.

This series does none of that. Here all the characters act like you'd normal, reasonable people to do in their situation.

The Hero party has a legitimate reason for asking MC to leave and are actually quite sad about it; he understands and leaves willingly and they maintain their friendship and move on with their lives.

The MC does not discover a convenient new hax ability; he recognises his limitations, retires as an adventurer and develops his territory seriously using his 'Training' skill to groom talented subordinates, while his old friends continue their adventurer life.

And their paths do cross again, but in a logical way with no bitter feelings.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    Sutad Aatma likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the usual sop but with a different gravy? :blobexpressionless:

3. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the first few chapters of the novel or manga translation and you'll understand.

It takes that trope and writes it the way it would happen realistically and between reasonable people.

4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With what I've gleaned from the reviews and seen of the ratings, I think I'll give it a pass. Sorry. :sushi_sorry:

5. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone?

6. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooh let me read the manga. It looks interesting

7. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
  8. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
  9. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump. No new translation for over a year.

10. laxarlev

laxarlev Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link