Movie Disney Fu*ked up Real Bad

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by tahzib1451, Jan 17, 2019.

1. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    the fan film in question.

what happened after>the fan film got massive response....Disney reported loss of 200-400 million on Star Wars related things in their shareholder report....so they did this.......

then they response and threaten....

the fandom struck back in hordes in twitter....twitter was bonkers with the same video shared by all....
    flash forward>LucasFilm had to step in, and for once did something good.....

Lazriser likes this.
  2. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    who cares really? SW is shit

warhammer 40k is where its at

Disgusting likes this.
  3. AkunDami

AkunDami Neu membar

Reading List:
    Link
    On top of that EA just cancel a star wars game. Poor disney, i don't pity you.

4. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get it...the new trilogy screwed up Star Wars so badly that they need fan impetus to reignite the dying embers. Even if this fan film was completely to blame for the $300-400 million drop, it's practically a drop in the bucket considering potential profits lost when some ****wit decided to deviate from what made the series successful.

ie, The franchise isn't worth multi-billions anymore. It's basically worth like 700 million now and dropping fast as they continue scapegoating the very supporters of the series.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Sabruness likes this.
  5. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Disney didn't lose 200+ million to fan movie, they lost to their awful film sequels and to EA. Disney devalued Star Wars brand value, and it is because of fan devotion like the Vader film creator who slowed the value free fall.
    Edit: looking into it it seems a Disney subsidiary Warner Brothers own rights to the sounds used and it was they who filed, also Lucasfilm didn't actually allow them to, they just sent a copy of their license detail over which the fan creator took that to mean authorization.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  6. GrimVeilRule

GrimVeilRule Dux Bellorum

Reading List:
    Link
    It's like Disney, EA, and Bethesda are competing to drive they're franchise into the ground fastest like there's a prize.

7. Adastria Lillith

Adastria Lillith [Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that new? Disney fcked up real bad since they threatened the fans, when fans made petition to change the director or producer or something like that the moment fan utterly disappointed with the new trilogy (because the sjw thingy). But now, look at them. They fired her anyway when the last two movies weren't successful. Now they do this? Bah! Disney never gave a shit to fans, so there's nothing new.

TamaSaga likes this.
  8. LtBeefy

LtBeefy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That was great. Disney should be taking notes from this. Would be great story on his struggles and development as Vader showing inner turmoil and how he deals with remnants of jedi order.

Thanks for posting got to watch something interesting.

9. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    “loss of 200-400 million on Star Wars”
    What? Are you saying they’re blaming the fan film for this loss? How? Or am I misunderstanding?

It’s good to see things ended well and as how it rightfully should have.

I’m not surprised at Disney’s behavior. They did have a big role in why copyright is so messed up and still is.

10. AwwGasm

AwwGasm Knows some things.

Reading List:
    Link
    They didn't fuck up. This guy is just faking controversy to get views. Not unexpected from a clickbait youtuber.

First of all Disney is already extremely generous and lenient to let the guy make his short film using their intellectual property, and their only clause was that he not have ads on the video or any crowdfunding. Of course the guy in question still has a patreon to let you contribute, and even sells Star Wars merchandise to skirt past this, but Disney even closed an eye to this.

Secondly, Disney isn't even the claimant, it's Warner Chappell Music. You just happily ate up whatever the guy tells you and takes it as face value, and now he has his mindless zombie army of dumb shits so he can use your outrage and also increase his own clicks and exposure. Try informing yourself. In fact you can just watch his video explaining the claim and you can see it easily in the screenshot who the claimants are.

Obviously he didn't inform or ask Warner Chappell for permission before he used the music they owned. Take a look at the fan film and he uses the Vader theme alone multiple times (5:15, 6:54, 12:15, all over the ending credits, and even other music pieces) and is in violation of Warner Chappells copyrights (they own the music for star wars).

Warner Chappell didn't even remove the audio, or take down the entire video, they just claimed the adspace at the front of the video, and the filmmaker is even out $0 since he wasn't allowed to monetize it.

11. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You deserve a like for sharing the drama, and this surprising fan film I've just finished watching. I forgot it was a fan film in between the episode, because it really felt like the prequels. I did not such an event happen in YT, but thankfully this YT channel prevailed, and now I get to watch additional high quality SW content, even though it's fan made. The only problem, were some of the special effects, and voices; but who am I, to complain, when its free and fun to watch! Here's hoping there will be an official Vader live-action series or movie, like Rogue One ending fight scene.

12. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard to deny SW is going down the tubes since disney took over.

The only good thing that's come out since disney was Rogue One.

13. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    To all the posts here, I remind you that the ancient Greeks considered hubris as the worst sin.

These people, (Disney, Bethesda, etc) simply think they no longer need fans.:facepalm:

Very soon they will go out of business.:blobparty::blobhero::blob_sunglasses:

Sabruness likes this.