Novel Diverge Summoning

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by SleeplessBanter, Feb 11, 2017.

1. SleeplessBanter

SleeplessBanter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone, I'm somewhat new to the forums, but I have been lurking for months now. I'm writing a story called Diverge Summoning, you can also read this story at RoyalRoad be sure to check it out there too, more chapter will be available there.

Synopsis: Shango was just a regular 24 years old, getting by in life by doing numerous odd jobs. One day, he was summoned to an unknown world and found himself surrounded by people pointing swords at him, staring, as if they had never seen a black man before. This is a story of Shango’s struggle to change this world, dealing with racial issues, politics and everything else in-between.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy

Table of Contents

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Nargol likes this.
  2. SleeplessBanter

Reading List:
    Link
    Prologue
    Years ago a hero with a radical mindset was summoned to a new world help defeat the Demons and Beastmen races. With the help of the Elves and Dwarfs, the humans finally defeated the Demons and Beastmen. In the aftermath, the Humans subjugated the defeated races and took control of their resources and forced the population to pay heavy taxes.

Once the Demon/Beastmen race was under control and no longer a threat the humans started to plot against the Elves and Dwarfs who battled with them. Poisoning the great Forest of the Elves weakening their connection to the spirits and making it possible for them to kidnap and enslave some Elves.

After the plot of the Humans was exposed, the Elves retreated into their Forest and erected a powerful barrier around it, Allowing only the high ranking Elves and trusted friends to enter and leave. At the same time, the Dwarfs were dealt heavy blows one after another. Their land that the Dwarfs desperately fought for was never returned to them. The small amount of land they had managed to maintain was also stripped away from them by the humans forcing them into mountains wastelands, but without a doubt, the heaviest of blows to them was the fact that the same weapons and tools that they had made were used to force them out of their land.

A sliver of hope was found in those desolate mountain, after many years numerous new types of metal were discovered, many with unique properties which allowed them to create a multitude of new weapons and tools. With their newly created weapons, the Dwarfs had enough power to recover bits and piece of the land that surrounded the mountains. Although their power had increased it was still not enough to deal with the sheer number of humans. So they spent their days creating, refining and researching lost artifacts with the hopes of further increasing their power and reclaiming their lost lands.

The main catalyst for this turn of events was the hero and the king that summoned him. They were essentially a two-headed snake complementing each other ferocious repulsive demeanor towards anything not human or anyone who doesn't share their same problematic views. The king favored the hero so much that he married his only daughter to him, breaking off her previous engagement.

The ritual used to summon hero was particularly unusual, it could only be used once every 125 years by people with royal blood who had abnormally high mana. Any other attempt would result in the immediate death of the summoner. Another side effect of performing the ritual would be a price the summoner would have to pay. Previous summoners lost their sight, the ability to use magic or became insane on rare occasions. The price the king paid to summons this hero was his ability to produce kids, leaving him only with his one daughter. Since his three sons had died, two of them on the battlefield and one trough assassination. With the death of his last son, The king risked it all and perform the Hero Summoning Ritual.

Summoned Heroes were not only blessed with heightened physical and magical ability but also with a unique Talent, which the people of that world would call them Divergent User. The hero that the king summoned was gifted with mastery over all elements which allowed him to learn magic from all elements, in contrast to other mages that were restricted to a single one. This also earned him the nickname Elemental Tyrant.

Another summoned hero could bring words to life with his fingertips. The abilities differing from person to person, some powerful enough to change the course of a battle, some rather useless.

Several decades later, the hero was killed in a last-ditch effort by the remaining forces of the late demon king. Under command of his son, they attacked the hero who was traveling. With his last breath, the hero summoned a giant tempest annihilating all of them, so even though they managed to succeed in killing the hero, the price they paid for was their lives. The son of the demon king was the only survivor out of 10,000 soldiers that attacked that day, he was later imprisoned.

To this very day, the tempest was still violently twisting and turning with the same savage and unyielding presence of the dying hero, which lead to the area being called Tempest Keep.

Throughout his life, the hero did many atrocious things. Many things emanating the mass genocide that took place in his homeworld as well as setting up unfair laws and practices that discriminated and degraded the defeated races. Even after his death, his children would continue the same practices as taught by the fallen hero.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  3. SleeplessBanter

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter One-Princess Avelina

Many years had passed since the death of the hero, but his unshakable influence remained, humankind who had gained control during his leadership had yet to relinquish anything, keeping a tight grip over most of the known world. The other races managed to deal small blows to the humans now and then, unfortunately not enough to change anything, but enough to keep them on their toes.

In the kingdom of Silverflight where the late hero descendant resides is where this story starts to unravel.

“Princess”

“Princess Avelina, wake up.”

“Mm, Mme ten more minutes.”

Princess Avelina, the sun has risen. It's nearly time for your training.”

Rolling around in her bed trying to pry herself from the grip of sleepiness lied the ninth Princess, Avelina Mortimer of the Silverflight kingdom, she was about 5'6, with light green eyes that held an overwhelming gentlest to them, she had long overflowing ginger hair that leads down to her nice peach shaped bottom, except for being a bit lacking in one particular area, accompanied by her creamy white skin she would be considered a peerless beauty in many people eye.

“Rolla, please fifteen more minutes, I spent all yesterday catering to those shitty nobles, gosh there should be a limit to how brazen those people are. Constantly trying to curry favor with me, talking up their shitty idiot sons at every event, it's so damn bothersome.”

“Princess Avelina you added five more minutes and you shouldn't talk like that you're a Princess please remember that.”

“Okay, okay I'm getting up and Rolla I told you when it's just us call me Ave, okay.”

“Okay Ave, but still if you don't hurry you won't be able to do that thing today.”

After Rolla uttered those words the sleepiness the once held a firm grip on Princess Avelina was release, underneath her sheets she wore a child smile that could weaken even the most stoic of hearts.

Underneath her breath, Avelina whispered.

“That's right, today should be one of the days I could sneak in.”

After getting dress Princess Avelina and Rolla started heading toward the palace training quarters. Along the way she heard the voices of two people that she dread meeting.

“Sister Avelina, Rolla how wonderful meeting you here.”

“Hello Princess Avelina, you're looking lovely as always”

Calling out to them was the seventh prince, Prince Nicolas a short round looking man with blonde hair and blue eyes, whose combat abilities was ranked dead last in the family. Standing next to him was the eighth son of Duke Alard Vaughan, Aalot Vaughan a rather handsome man tall, black hair down to his shoulders, hazel eyes, and he had a very pleasant smile. If you were only counting his outside appearance he would be considered quite the catch, but the number of commoner women forcibly ruined by this beast pretending to be a man is uncountable at this point, like Nicolas his combat ability was also poor. For these type of individuals who could do nothing but drink and play around with women all day, Avelina doesn't want anything to do with them. She started to feel generally unpleasant just from hearing them call her name, but she still managed to force a smile and return the greeting.

“Brother Nicolas, Sir Aalot, good evening Rolla and I are late for my morning practice, so forgive are rudeness we're in a hurry.”

Saying that Avelina and Rolla started to walk off, as they began to leave Aalot stepped in front of the two.

“Princess Avelina, there is no need to hurry, for someone as beautiful as yourself to do something as strenuous as combat training, is uncalled-for. Why don't you learn something more elegant like poetry or bridal training? Women have no place on the battlefield.”

Hearing that the forced smile that Avelina painstakingly put on instantly disappeared, the usually calm demeanor Avelina wore vanished. Replacing it was a woman who was smiling, but yet not smiling with her mana leaking out she gave off the feeling of an executioner readying to bring down his blade, startling the two. From the side, you could see the expression of Rolla who looked as though she was looking at a retard. In the kingdom of Silverflight who hasn't heard of the temperament of the Ninth Princess, also called The Coin Princess, during formal event she was always calm, gentle, and understanding, but she had a bottom line that wise men, did not dare to cross, but there is always one fool in a group that would always end up flipping this Coin Princess and suffering by her hands, leaving that person with deep regret and humiliation.

One of the major taboos when dealing with this Coin Princess, was idiotic male chauvinist who believed that a woman place was either in kitchen or bedroom, thanks to the teachings of her ancestor absurd values like that ran rampant in the Silverflight Kingdom.

“Sir Aalot just what are you applying?”

“I..I..was only sa...”

“Sir Aalot are you an idiot? Have you forgotten that women make up more than 35 percent of the army, have you also forgotten that women tend to have higher mastery over magic, looks like you are also overlooking the many great feats accomplish by the women in the army? Even recently I seem to recall my fifth sister having to rush over to save your father ass, I guess she has no place on the battlefield also?”

“No, that's not what I mean-”

“Sir Aalot were you drop as a kid?”

“No, I...”

“Ah, I get it! I know what it's, that must be it.”

“???”

Showing a smile like she just got the understanding of something.

“You have finally caught a brain disease from some whore or poor commoner girl you force yourself onto. No wonder you're becoming an even bigger moron, come now Rolla let's leave there is an old saying from my ancestor.”

“Old saying?”

Asked Rolla looking a bit puzzled at Avelina.

“Yes, stupidity is contagious.”

Saying that Rolla and Avelina harried off to towards the training quarters, leaving Aalot and Nicolas behind. It took a while for the two to recover from the shock of Avelina releasing her mana, even longer for Aalot to calm his mind.

“Aalot I can't possibly see why you would like that sister of mines.”

“Humph, you're one to talk having eyes for a lonely maid and not being able to push her down.”

“BASTARD!! You know what happened to the last person who tried to taste that maid of her. That miserable bastard is still unable to get it up, as long as Avelina is by her side who in their right mind would flip that coin princess.”

“You're right about.”

“Anyways Aalot, I may have a way so that we both get what we what.”

“Ooh, do tell.”

Saying that the two walk-offs discussing Nicolas plan.

After finishing her training, Rolla and Avelina rushed off towards the dungeon area, that was usually heavily guarded, but because of the monthly assembly of the higher up the security around the dungeon would lighten, due to needing extra guards around the castle, allowing them to sneak in.

“Rolla hide near the entrance and alert me if someone comes.”

After that Avelina cast a few spells, one that made it harder to detect them, one that made them invisible to anyone below a certain rank and one that made the area ten feet around them soundproof.

“Okay Ave, have fun.”

“I will and be safe.”

Saying that she opened the main door to the dungeon, and walked toward an area that was cut off from the other areas, that only housed one prisoner.

“Hey uncle, are you awake?”

“Ah little Ave it's you, I see you came to visit again.”

Inside the tiny cell was a man about 6'1 with purplish-blue skin, golden eyes, and who looked to be around 40, but his actual age was near the 200, both his arm and legs were pinned to the wall, only allowing his head to move.

“Yes, uncle I brought some food and news to tell.”

Coming closer she released a high pitch scream.

“Uncle!! Where did these wounds come from?”

Looking closely she realized he was covered with fresh wounds from head to toe, blood was still flowing from most of them.

“Ha-ha-ha, do not worry little Ave, they're some new guards this time around, that wanted the chance to meet the great me ha-ha.”

“But uncle.”

The man with blood still flowing from his skin still managed to show a tender smile towards the princess.

“Don't worry, don't worry those lots will quit after they have had their fun, I have seen those types of people throughout many the years I have been here.”

The man imprisoned was no other than the person who took the predominant role in the slaying of the hero, Prince Cain.

Walking closer Avelina ripped a piece of fabric she brought along with her, wetting it to clean the still-warm blood from his face.

“I'm sorry Uncle Cain if my rank was high enough made I'd be able to do something about those idiots.”

Looking downward Ave showed a look of dissatisfaction.

“Ha-ha little Ave, you're able to control earth magic to a frighting degree for your age. Along with your brilliant mind and hard-working attitude, you will make a wonderful leader someday.”

Showing a somewhat unmoved smile.

“Uncle, they're many people with similar abilities throughout Silverflight. Father only cares about military merit and since I refuse to take part in any senseless killing, I have no way to gain any, the little I have all came from defending small towns many of them, father could care less about.”

“Little Ave, just keep going on at your own pace, sooner or later you will accomplish something that he can't overlook, just mark my words. Now enough of this down talk, how have you been Ave.”

Smiling from ear to ear she began to tell him about her recent achievements. Like this, the two would carry on for a while happily discussing many things. Just as Avelina was about to leave she heard a loud clack, then the prison door flew open.

“Father!!! How?”

Slowly coming was from behind him was a bruised Rolla being restrained by Nicolas and Aalot who stood firmly beside the king both boasting an appalling smile.

“See father it's like I say, Avelina has been fraternized with that bastard for years now and have had her mind poisoned by his foolish talk, that's why she refuses to attack that sub-human trash.”

Avelina slowly started to release her mana, her eyes were locked on Nicolas which caused him to freeze up, she shouted.

“Shut up you ungrateful swine! What foolish talk? Is it foolish to believe that every life is precious, that everyone has the right to live happily, that all races are different but equal, why should I be as closed-minded as you, it's you all who are truly the foolish one.”

Hearing what Avelina had to say the king could no longer contain his anger with a roar he shouted.

“Hush!! You foolish child I have put up with your stubbornness for far too long. Someone from the Mortimer bloodline refusing to take an active role in the subjugation of those lower species is a shame within itself, but for you to associate yourself with the one who killed King Arnold is infuriating, as a father I'm disappointed, as a king furious.”

There was a brief moment of silence before a burst of laughter was heard.

“Ha-ha little Hildebrand, I see that your stubbornness is still that same after all these years, why don't we tell little Ave about how you onc...”

“SILENCE!!!”

With a roar, King Hildebrand sent an air blast toward Cain knocking him unconscious, ready to send another blast a voice was heard.

“Father that's enough!”

“CHILD I TOLD YOU TO HUSH!”

King Hildebrand than cast a spell that restricted Avelina voice.

“As the King of Silverflight, I must punish you, now what type of punishment is the most suited?”

“Father, I know.”

Finally, speaking again after being scared stiff by Avelina, Nicolas gives him his idea.

“Father how about the hero summoning ritual, enough time has passed, so we can use it again. Besides father, Avelina, first brother, second brother, fifth sister and twelve sisters, those are the only people who are able to perform it and since Avelina refuse to take part in any offensive military operation and chooses only to defend those worthless towns, what greater use could she be used for, even if she would become disable sir Aalot agreed to wed her.”

The king put his hand on his chin and begun to think deeply before answering.

“The first half sound reasonable, but she is still a Mortimer even if she would become disable, marrying rubbish is unacceptable, but still.”

Those words caused a dark expression to appear on Aalot face for a moment before returning to normal, no longer caring about anything that was happening, many ideas started to form in his head.

Seeing his father waver Nicolas tried to push the objective more.

“Father, even though it's only a matter of time before we crush those annoying subspecies, recently those dwarfs have grown bolder with their attacks and according to reports the demons are up to something strange as-well, plus we still have no idea what those pesky elves might be planing behind that barrier, so it's best to hurry and end this stalemate before we falter are advantage.”

Deep in thought, the king gazes upon Nicolas before moving his eyesight to Avelina, with a snap of his finger he removed the spell that was placed on Avelina.

“Avelina, for failing to uphold the prestigiousness of are royal bloodline, you're commanded to perform the Hero's Summoning and you are forbidden to see that wretched creature ever again.”

Staring deeply at her father.

“What if I refuse?”

A solemn look appeared on the king's face with a wave of his wrist a great wind pulled Rolla from the arms off Nicolas and Aalot and into his grip with a snap of his fingers her clothing was burnt off without damaging any part of her.

“This little maid of yours is truly a marvel. I wonder what the men in the army would think of her, many of them have never tasted her kind before.”

Seeing her friend in that state, thinking of the cruel world that would await her if she refuses Avelina quickly give in.

“Fine, alright I'll do it just don't harm Rolla anymore.”

Satisfied with her answer the king toss Rolla towards Avelina. The two quickly embraced each other before falling to their knees and tearing up.

Turning away from his graving daughter, walking out with Nicolas and Aalot trailing behind him, he left saying only a few words toward her.

“Pathetic I can't believe someone from the Mortimer bloodline would care for such a thing. You truly share the same worthless blood as your mother.”

“Nicolas.”

“Yes, father.”

“Go inform the others, the summoning will take place in three days.”

“Yes, father.”

Without paying attention to Nicolas anymore the king started to mutter to himself.

“It's about time we finally end this game of cat and mouse with those subspecies. It's time to focus on those ungrateful barbarians and those so-called God Chosen imbeciles.”

The King would continue like that deep in thought, thinking about ways to expand his rulership.

4. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    "typical 24 (year) old" "many online degrees" What? How is this typical? Also, he has many degrees, but he does odd jobs? You need something a little more believable. Either he's a prominent genius in his time, or this is an alternate future where humans have no need for single degrees.

There's also a need for some spell checking since your synopsis has some errors.

(Sorry if I sounded rude. I just have to hit my main points before I notice anything else.)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Love4NovelGuy likes this.
  5. CrispyNoodle

CrispyNoodle 『Noodle Overlo*d』『Open Pervert』『Onii-chan』

Reading List:
    Link
    o.e.... sorry i don't want to sound like an asshole but.... authors that posts things on RRL tends to not have a good track record for me with finishing their stories.... they tend to disappear in the middle of it you see so right now I'm trying to guess "how many chapters til this guy suddenly has to go to the army, or laptop suddenly breaking etc..." (which for some odd reason happens to about 80~90% of the authors on this site)

anyways mini-rant on RRL out of the way... good luck with story :D
    If it does get finish though (story, at least one arc) let me know ^^

Edit:... why on Earth is prologue even split into two anyways? This is my opinion as a reader (dunno about others) but... I would rather have the author either write a long in dept prologue explaining the premise of the story or foreshadows a somewhat predictable plot line. That or no prologue at all and just get straight into the story.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  6. Love4NovelGuy

Love4NovelGuy [Veteran Writer] [Reaper]

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with this guy, also here to recommend Battlefield Restart that already has 17 chapters now, the link is this: http://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/1112349/

7. AMissingLinguist

Reading List:
    Link
    Though I like you're synopsis, I don't think recommending your novel here is not good. Leaving a link in your signature is good enough. If you wanted to get more readers, then making your own thread is better than typing it here.

(I made a mistake with my typing of the first sentence. Orz)

8. Mister Div

Mister Div ? ¿ Founder of The Anti loli Alliance!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    nice Sleepless its alot better then mine

9. SleeplessBanter

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, I feel your pain about RR authors, I like playing the Till They Quit game too. Hopefully I don't drafted into army anytime soon wait when was the last time usa had a draft to Google. Anyways thanks for the good luck! Also I'm glad you pointed that prologue thing out for me, I'll go and give them proper titles later.

10. SleeplessBanter

Reading List:
    Link
    Asad, thxs for spotting that error for me, truth be told I goofed with that synopsis, I removed the whole online degrees thing from the story while I writing it, because like you said How is that typical. Ah, spell checking, from elementary all the way to college, those two words have always been my greatest nemesis, trying to find help with that over at RR. Anyway thanks for the help again constructive criticism is always welcome.

11. SleeplessBanter

Reading List:
    Link
  12. AMissingLinguist

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem. Also, I meant grammar, not spell check. Sorry if I used the wrong terminology here. I have never really tried to differentiate the meanings of words since literacy words all meld together in my head.

For your synopsis, 'When' is used as a conjunction, so your second sentence is now a dependent/subordinate sentence/clause, meaning it can't 'stand' alone, whereas an independent/main clause can 'stand' alone.
    Here's how I would edit it: "[O]ne day, he was summoned to an unknown world surround by people pointing swords at him[,] staring[,] like they never saw a black man before."

Also, the next sentence has a weird thing with present tense words used as verbs and adjective made version of words. Also, writers in general should space after each comma and period. It's easier to read.
    Here's how I would edit it: "This is a story of how Shango struggle(s) to change this world(,) dealing with (racial) issues,(space)politics(no space),(space)and everything else in(-)between."

SleeplessBanter likes this.
  13. Love4NovelGuy

Love4NovelGuy [Veteran Writer] [Reaper]

Reading List:
    Link
    lol I'm just kidding, it's not like I'd 'really' recommend it here.

14. SleeplessBanter

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter Two-How Come You Never Asked Me Out

Three days have passed since the decision for Avelina to perform the hero summoning was announced, many people were shocked, some wonder when did the situation become so bad that the hero summoning ritual was needed, people knew of the drawback of using the ritual so many became worried about the princess. Only a few of the king's most loyal subjects knew the whole situation regarding why princess Avelina was ordered to perform the hero summoning ritual.

On a plateau that was usually abandoned, many people gather, each one appearing almost out of nowhere on top of a strange stone disk with ancient runes written all over it. This plateau was the sacred place where the hero summoning ritual took place. It wasn't particularly large, about the size of a football field, but it was very high up, so much so that it overlooked clouds, using the stone disk to teleport here was the only way to reach this place, it had an abundance of lavish green grass covering the whole area, a pleasant breeze could be felt constantly on top of this plateau. In the middle of the plateau was a large stone pulsing a faint green glow, it gave off a very surreal feeling.

Among the people gather was a man that gave off an overbearing feeling, the man about 5'11, blonde with silver streak going all throughout his hair, deep blue eyes that seems as if you were staring into the bottom of the ocean, a man who looked about 40, but his real age was 67, this man was no other than Hildebrand Mortimer the king of Silverflight.

“Is everything prepared?”

He asked in a dignified voice.

“Yes, your father.”

Answering was Nicolas the seventh prince, who today wore a happy expression on his face as he looked gleefully at Rolla, who was standing behind Avelina with a worried look on her face.

“Good, now Avelina begin the ritual”

Avelina, whom today was wearing a ceremonial white robe with silver trimming, her hair was braided back with silver feather used as ornaments, which just made her seem more majestic, but her usually smiling face was nowhere to be seen, not even speaking to her father she walked forward using the sacred knife to cut both her palms, before placing them on ritual stone, she begun the hero summoning chant.

I Avelina Mortimer offer my very being, to the Divine One, take whatever is needed to bring forth the one who shall deliver a might blow to whoever threatens this great kingdom, a hero who shall bring glory to this kingdom, a mighty hero who shall uphold righteousness of are kingdom laws, I Avelina Mortimer blood descendant of the great Mortimer offer my very self that thee shall grant my selfish wish to bring forth a glorious hero to serve this great kingdom.

With every word the pulsing from the stone grow more intense, the green glow grew brighter by each passing second. Avelina suddenly felt a force consuming her mana, weakening her to the point it became difficult for her to stand on her own, but before the ritual was completed in a low voice, Avelina whisper.

“ I sincerely wish that this person is truly someone who could change this world for the better. ”

No one would hear her, but as if acknowledging her request the stone pulsed brighter for a moment, no one would notice it. A second later the mana around the glowing stone became very dense, a vortex made out of mana appeared in front of the summoning stone than in the next moment.

Three hours earlier in a small town in South Carolina, in an apartment filled to the brim with books, manga, and random degrees certificate.

Beep... Beep... Beep...

“Mmm mmm, ten more minutes”

Beep... Beep...Beep...

“Damn phone, fifteen more minutes.”

Reaching out to turn off his phone from underneath the covers, grabbing it he felt that something was odd when he tried to mash the home button. Lifting his head from under the covers to take a look at his phone, He saw that a quarter was taped to the home button and a screenshot of his childhood friend holding a pair of scissors, with a text above the screenshot reading if you're late again prepare to lose your most precious part, with a very serious smile on her face. After reading the screenshot, seeing her face and knowing his childhood friend temperament, the idea of trying to get more sleep vanished.

Coming from under the covers was Shango Sanders a 6'3 tall black man with mocha-colored skin, two big braids going down toward his back, with an athletic type build, hazel eyes, his gave off a very lazy aura, but it was very likable, many women and some men would throw themselves at this type of man.

“Damn that girl, just because she's kind of cute and older she thinks she can get away with anything.”

Letting out one last yawn before he started getting ready, still grumbling about his childhood friend. Washing, taking out his braid, straighten it with a flat iron, before getting dress putting on a black button-up and blue jean, grabbing two breakfast bar and a bottle of water. He took one last glance at the TV, seeing that two people were arguing about some foolishness, he turned it off, grabbed his keys, gym bag and rushed off.

Pulling up in his 1967 Chevrolet Impala, that he bought from a junkyard and fixed up because of a certain TV show, he saw his childhood friend Yuki Silva, was being hit on once again. From the looks of it seems like she just arrived herself, the guy that hit on Yuki about 5'6, overweight, white guy with black hair, and who had a very disgusting look in his eyes. Shango couldn't blame the guy for hitting on Yuki, even he knew just how bewitching his childhood friend was. A half black/half Japanese beauty with long black hair that she usually wore in a single ponytail, she was 6'0 very tall for a woman, but it just adds a uniqueness to her look, she had ordinary brown eyes, but they just seemed so welcoming like they were calling out to you whenever she looked at you, she had an athletic type build, but she still kept her womanly figure, I mean her shape was really mind-boggling in all three places. All in all, she would be classified as a kingdom ruin beauty, hell even his personal life this Femme Fatale brought many troublesome things towards Shango way.

He couldn't keep a girlfriend, because they would become jealous of their friendship and always try to force him to cut off all contact with her and Shango was not an idiot. He wouldn't just leave his childhood friend for some random woman he just met, so after a while, Shango just gave up actively seeking a relationship. There are also many cases of people who liked Yuki coming to pick a fight with him just because of how close the two of them are. Shango let out a sigh thinking about the many problems Yuki had caused him.

Taking another look at the guy Shango recognize who it was, Brook was one of the people who was constantly chasing after Yuki for many years, he was also one of the people who picked a fight with him because how close we are, needless to say, I left the guy lying in a pool of his blood, that was about two years ago, I heard a rumor that he became a cop recently and judging for the uniform it looks to be true. It was also said that he was a dirty cop as well. I don't care if he a cop or not he still couldn't do anything to me mainly because Yuki's father was the police chief.

Grabbing my gym bag, I got out of the car and walked towards their direction. She had a very indifferent look on her face like there wasn't even a person trying talking to her, she was just steadily looking at her phone as if she was trying to give a hint to the guy that she was not interested, but this pigheaded idiot would not take it. Shango could only let out a little sigh before speaking.

“Hey, Yuki I'm here.”

Smiling I walked closer putting my arms around her and give her a nice tight hug, while looking at Brook, it was the usual ploy I used when she was being hit on by a guy, just to get them to back off, in fact, I don't even remember when I started doing it, it was just a natural occurrence. Plus I have to admit I enjoyed hugging her. So soft I thought.

“You were almost late, you nearly lost your little friend ”

She said as she smiled and looked down, while we were still hugging each other.

I could only shrug, and show a weary smile.

“Now hurry up and get ready”

Not even paying attention to Brook who was just staring at me, like I deep throated his mother, she let go of the hug and wrapped her arm around mine and leaded me in to the gym, Brook who hasn't spoken a single word since my arrival could do nothing, but shake in angry for a while before getting in his car and leavening.

Inside of the building, I let out another sigh, thinking of the problem that is sure to follow.

“Yuki, you truly are a troublesome friend, wouldn't it be better to just tell them you're a lesbian”

That's right one of the main reason Yuki never paid attention to any other guy because she liked women.

She looked and me coldly before saying.

“First why should I have to tell them anything about my matters, if I said I'm not interested I'm not interested, that should be enough and secondly I'm not a lesbian I'm bisexual.”

“Bisexual my ass, I have never seen you with a guy”

“Humph, what about Jim my prom date.”

Only now could I remember, she once dated a guy named Jim back in high-school, for a week and four days. I could remember the exact number of days because it felt like I had knots in my stomach the whole time they were dating. It also became very awkward for me to talk to Yuki during that time, it was also around that time I truly started to notice just how beautiful she was. Since she was always around me when we were growing up I never really took a good look at her, she was just Yuki my childhood friend. From what I recalled they broke up after prom, no one knew why reason way.

I stop walking and looked at her who still had her arm wrapped around mines before saying.

“Why did you and Jim break up anyways?”

I asked with a frown.

“He-he”

Giggling she wrapped her arm around mines tighter and with a teasing smile said.

“Jealous? Let's just say Jim wasn't my type, he was more interested in one of our juniors, he just wanted to use me to get closer to that person.”

“Jealous, me? Hell no, and I remember nearly all the people that went to are school, there was no girl as beautiful as you at that place, plus even though you were popular you weren't particularly close to anyone but me so how could he uses you to get to close anyone.”

She showed a scowl when I retorted about not being jealous, then showed an alluring smile when I said there was no girl as beautiful as her, she stared at me for a second smiled and said.

“Whoever said it was a girl?”

I dropped the gym bag that I was holding in my other arm and just looked at her with a blank expression. She smiled once more before letting go of my arm and just walked towards the women changing area. I didn't even want to think about it anymore and just grab my gym bag and headed towards the men changing area.

About ten minutes later we both exited the changing areas, she wore a black sports bra, her hair was still in the ponytail she was famous for, black boxing shorts, paired with black grappling gloves, she still was very sexy looking, I had on A white Underarmor shirt, black trunks, with the same style of grappling gloves with my hair tied in a ponytail as well. Yuki was an MMA teacher at this gym, which was owned by her mother who was a three-time Brazilian kickboxing champion, and two time Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu champion before moving America. Yuki herself was also a semi-pro fighter, just steps away from becoming a pro, but because of her skill level and height she would often have trouble finding sparring partner that suited her need, which is why in the end I always end up as her sparring partner, it's has been that way since I could remember.

We both started to warm up and do some stretching exercises, five minutes later.

“Should we get started?” I asked

“All right, I'm warmed up, let me practice on my ground game first, go to the mat and lay down”

“All right, All right.”

I walked towards the mat, and laid down, she then walked over and got on top of me in the full mount position.

Feeling a bit naughty I said, with upturn eyes, liked I was wronged in some way.

“At least be gentle, I remember the first time you were so rough, I was sore for more than a week”

She was taken aback for a second before leaning forward, taking her hand to caress my face and saying.

“Relax the first time is always the hardest, you will get used to it you're a big boy, I plan on taking full responsibility this time around. ”

We both let it out a big laugh before we begin our little sparring.

About an hour later, when we were in the half-mount position, Yuki was on the bottom, and I was on top trying to find a way to get in the full mounted position, that's when she asked

“Shango, how come you never asked me out?

15. SleeplessBanter

Reading List:
    Link
    I was shocked for a moment. Throughout the many years of knowing each other, this was the first time she asked such a question. In many people's eyes, it may seem like we were already dating, but the topic of us dating never came up.

In a hurry I said,

“It's because you're a lesbian”

“NO, I'm bisexual.”

She then just stared at me as if she was saying try again.

Thinking for a moment I said.

“Yuki you know my parents died when I was young, I can barely remember their faces. When I try to think of them only Uncle Kenji and Auntie Lara face appear. They took care of me like I was their flesh and blood son, hell for a long time I even thought of you as my older sister. I guess it would feel like I had taken advantage of them if I were to have an intimate relationship with you.”

“”“”“” BULLSHIT!!!“”“”“”

Out of nowhere, I heard two extra bullshit. Yuki and I looked to our sides to see her parents looking dead at us.

Uncle Kenji was 5'9 black hair, black eyes, Japanese-American man with a crew cut, he was also the police chief, next to him was Auntie Lara who was 6'0, an Afro-Brazilians with black hair going down to her shoulder, brown eyes, and her body type was very similar to Yuki, they both wore matching Nike sweatsuits.

“Mom, Dad why are you here?”

“It's my got damn gym why can't I be here, as for your father.” She then patted his belly. “He gained a bit of weight recently, so I'm having him work out with me.”

Yuki father then spoke with a hint of anger.

“Shango you little bastard you kept my little Yuki wait for some bullshit reason like that. I and your father grow up together, served in the army together, bled together, we were so close it was almost like we came from the same ballsack, Hell more than once we'd DP a pretty litt...

“Dad.”

“Uncle Kenji.”

Suddenly Uncle Kenji felt an elbow hit his stomach, then caught a glimpse of his wife staring daggers at him.

“Ahem.”

“What I meant to say was that your father and I are sworn, brothers. Rising his son after what happened is my duty. I would like nothing more for you to become my a son-in-law, it would be a dream of mine to have the son of my sworn brother as a son-in-law, hell if it's wasn't for the wife saying something about letting nature take its course, there would have been a shotgun wedding a long time ago.”

“But”

“But my ass, Yuki will be 26 this year, I want grandchildren dammit”

Auntie Lara walked closer and then places both of her hands on my shoulders.

“Shango, you should know that you were betrothed to Yuki as soon as you left your mother womb. The moment she found out she was having a boy, she already started calling Yuki her little daughter-in-law.”

She giggled for a moment before saying

“Shango, even before Yuki could fully talk she was already calling herself your wife, she would even take you from your mother arms, and plant little kiss all over your face.”

I took a glance at Yuki who started to blush from hearing her mother words,

I smiled and whispered.

“You little yandere”

She elbowed my side, blushing even more.

Seeing are interaction Uncle Kenji and Auntie Lara could do nothing but laugh.

“But wouldn't it be weird if I date Yuki, you two did raise me.”

“No, weird would be the time I and your father got drunk in Rico and woke up surrounded by hookers, goats, and a gay Germany guy.”

Uncle Kenji felt another elbow hit his stomach again this time a lot harder causing him to lose his breath.

Gasping for a bit before regaining his breath.

“What I meant to say was Shango, no matter what you might think me and your auntie Lara aren't your real parent and Yuki is not your real sister. Their nothing weird about it, no enough of this wishy-washy stuff the only thing that matter is how you feel about our little Yuki.”

I looked at Uncle Kenji and Auntie Lara then Yuki, after finding my resolve I said.

“Yuki wait here one second.”

I went to my gym bag found a dollar and started folding it a couple of time while walking back towards Yuki.

“Yuki will you be my number one, Please go out with me.”

I said as I took her hand and place an origami dollar ring on her finger.

I could see Uncle Kenji out the comer of my eye wearing a smug smile of his face and caught a glimpse of Aunt Lara showing a happy expression.

Tears started to flow from Yuki eyes, she smiled and said

“This is cheesy Shango.”

“Ya, I Know.”

I smiled back at her.

She walked closer hit my chest a few times before saying

“It took you long enough.” Before I could say anything she kissed me.

“Hey now, ain't I'm supposed to be the one to initiate the kiss.”

“Hell no the last time I had to wait for you to do something it took an incredibly long time.”

“That's right little Yuki, if we leave it to that bastard I'd have to wait another 20 years for grandchildren, don't give him a chance to think, rape him for daddy.”

Within the next instant, a loud thump was heard, Aunt Lara used an over the shoulder throw on Uncle Kenji throwing him to the ground, she had a look of satisfaction on her face.

A second later the gym was filled with laughter.

Near a window at the gym stood a figure with a gloomy look all over his face, clenching his fist in anger with enough force to break the skin. A look of hatred could be seen in his eyes. He felt both jealous and envious towards the person known as Shango. The woman he had fallen in love with two years ago could no longer be his. Yuki was right in front of him hugging another man, kissing another man, showing emotions that he had not seen in the two long years of chasing her. The sole reason he became a police officer was to get closer to Yuki father with hopes of getting closer to her, even he did not know the both of Yuki's parents were in full support of Yuki and Shango getting together.

The look in his eyes became very murderous, he stared at Shango as if he was trying to burn the image of him into his mind before leveling.

Back inside the gym stood Yuki and me, we both changed but into our regular clothing. Uncle Kenji and Auntie Lara both left to give us a chance to take everything in and get our thoughts together. I finally spoke after an awkward few minutes of silences.

“Yuki what should we do now?”

She looked at me smiled and shrugged her shoulder.

“I don't know myself either. I have waited for this day for so long, and yet I don't know where to start. Even though I'm so happy right now, I'm confused about what to do next.”

I stared at Yuki who was deep in thought, I enjoyed the look she would make when confused. I also started to think about what to do next, then I spoke my thoughts.

“Yuki why don't we just start living together first, I'm mean you already got the keys to my apartment, except for staying the night you live there anyway. I will also look for a better job, you know that I have built up many connections, to a lot of big shots so finding a good-paying job should not be hard for me.”

Yuki stopped her train of thought and looked at me oddly.

“Shango us living together is not a problem, half of my stuff is already at your place, but your connections to these so-called big shots, how many of them are women?”

The face Yuki showed became so what scary, it was a face I have seen many times throughout my life.

“Not tha...”

“Better question, how many of them have you slept with? Shango don't think I haven't heard about you and your and connections, don't take me for a fool, those so-called connections of your is a no go.”

Thinking for a while she said.

“Why don't you just become my trainer You're always helping out at the gym anyway, and you know my fighting style the best, so when I become a pro you could help me.

Yuki was very enthusiastic while speaking, she looked very happy. I did not mind working here at the gym like she said I was always here in my free time, but there was something I just had to ask her, so I pulled her closer to me and ask.

“Yuki aren't you just trying to monopolize?”

She kissed me and said

“You damn right! You know how long I waited for you, how long I had to endure seeing you with other women, always hearing gossip about you and those women or connections as you like to call them.”

She said while fighting back her tears.

I lifted my hand to rubbed her head.

“I know Yuki. I'm sorry you know longer have to endure that, I'm yours now, do with me as you wish.”

She then put her head onto my shoulder and said shyly.

“Then tonight.”

“Tonight?”

I asked back

“Yes tonight, I what to know what's so great about this idiot, known as Shango.”

It took me a moment to understand what she was saying, but in the end, I got it. I grabbed her by the waist lean forward and give her a deep kiss before releasing her.

“Yes tonight, this idiot known as Shango will show you true greatness?”

She blushed slightly before wrapping her arms around my head and saying.

“Good, but before that they're things I need to take care of before tonight, I'm sure you must prepare as well.”

I tilted my head with a questioning look on my face.

“Prepare?”

“Protection dummy!”

She hit my chest.

“Anyways I will go to your apartment first and get ready ”

“Yuki it's not even noon yet, what should I do till then?”

“Don't ask me, your a big boy I'm sure you will think of something, now be off.”

“Okay OK, I'll find something to do, I look forward to seeing you tonight.”

Saying that I give Yuki one more kiss before parting.

“I'm looking forward to it as well.”

After that, I left the gym and went driving around since I had nothing better to do. I came across the old bridge that was recently reopened after being damaged doing the last storm three months ago, the bridge was about a mile long and run over very deep water. I parked my car at the nearest lot and decided to take a look around the bridge. This bridge specifically underneath it held a very special place in my heart. During most are childhood this is the place where Yuki and I would secretly come and play around. As I looked around I remember something Uncle Kenji secretly told me, while repairing the bridge camera were to be added here due to the rising crime rate around that area. As I looked around I found one, it was well hidden. Leaving the cameras aside this place was still the same even the little hearts that Yuki craved remained on the wall. I took out my phone, walked near the edge of the water and sit down playing with apps on my phone while reminiscing for a while. Then I heard someone walking up behind me, as I turned around all I saw was Brook who looking at me very threateningly.

“Put your hands up.”

He said as he put his hand on his gun.

Looking at the Glock 19, I give him a warm smile.

“Sure thing officer, but first I would like to ask want crime have I committed?”

“Probable Cause.”

I notice ever since I give Brook that beating a while back he always kept the exchange between us very short.

“Good very good, protecting the good people of this city are we?”

I said that as I got up from near the edge of the water and turning my back towards brook putting my hands up.

Moments later I could hear him walking up behind me, he then started to pat me down. Thinking for a second a recalled a rumor about Brook.

“Oh ya, Brook have you heard about a person selling drugs near here right? Uncle Kenji, oops I mean Chef Kenji, was telling me all about it.”

Even though it wasn't Uncle Kenji who told me the rumor I said it that way to spook Brook.

Brook flinched when I said that, I could feel his hand trembling as he continued to pat me down.

Out the comer of my eye I could see that he was hesitating about something but in the next moment he tried to slip something into my pocket, I immediately turned around, grabbing his hand I twisted it giving the camera a good view of what was in his hand, in the process I removed the gun from his waist.

With a chilling voice, I asked.

“What Fuck do you think you are doing?”

I said while twits his arm tighter.

Sniveling because of the pain.

“Stop! Stop this, you can't do this to me I'm an officer!”

“Ha-Ha officer you Ha-ha, you're no cop, your job is to protect and serve, not be a little bitch, don't think I haven't heard, how you have been going around abusing your badge, selling on the side. It's people like you who give good cops like Uncle Kenji a bad rap, do you know the damage you're doing by abusing that badge, the fear you're imprinting on people you're supposed to protect.”

I twisted his arm even tighter.

“Shut up, Shut up I don't give a damn about being a police officer all I ever wanted was Yuki."

Sighing.

“I had a feeling that was the case. Dude you never had a chance, never in a billion years, if not for me Yuki would only date women, move the fuck on you creepy little bastard, also if I were you I would quit being a cop, stop selling and find something better to do with my life.”

“Shut up, Shut up how are you better than me you're only a nigg...”

Snap.

“ Ahhh!!!”

I broke his arm.

“Are you stupid? You do realize Yuki is half black right or are you only interested in the Japanese half. Oh I get it you have an Asian fetish expect for her height and skin tone Yuki could pass for full an Asian. You know even if Yuki was the timid little Asian, that little bitches like you fantasize about she still would not go out with you.”

Tears started to flow from brook eyes when I said that

Having become fed up with this sorry excuse for a man I pushed him towards the ground, tossing the Glock near his feet after removing the magazine.

“This my last warning to you stay the hell away from Yuki and me.”

Saying that I walked back to the edge of the river to pick up my phone I put down when I heard Brook walking up behind me. At that moment I remember something Uncle Kenji always told me to when clearing a gun, make sure you always get the one in the chamber too, as I turned around I could see Brook pointing the gun at me.

“If you're not here, Yuki would have definitely become mine.”

Before I even had the chance to speak I felt a sharp pain hit my chest, I looked down and saw blood flowing, I stumbled backward and fell in the river.

In the next instant, I felt a force pulling me like I was being grasped by something, whatever it was it had an odd feeling to it, I tried to resist it but it was just too strong. The surrounding water started to form a vortex, a faint green light could be seen pulsing around it. At first, the green light it emitted was very hard to see, but by each passing second it grew brighter and brighter, it became so bright it was impossible for me to keep my eyes open. As I closed my eye the pulling force reached it's peaked and pulled me in. I felt as though I was falling for a moment then landed on a hard object.

Opening my eyes I saw a beautiful woman was in front of me staring at me, she had ginger hair that was braided back with silver-like feathers in it. Looking closely I could see that her palms were bleeding for some reason. Looking around I notice there was a lot of people here, but the one who stood out the most was the ginger-headed woman in front of me, and another woman who was just as beautiful as the ginger-haired woman who had black hair but the roots were an odd color and a man who had the aura of a king.

When I tried to move many people rushed forward drawing their swords. As I stared at the people in front of me I notice many of them had a look of displeasure in their eyes, which pissed me off.

“What the hell is wrong with you people have you never seen a black man before!”

He then passed out from blood loss.

16. HirotaNatsuki

HirotaNatsuki Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What does nevered mean?
    Also, do you do mma and stuff????
    Also did you just decide to lump in politics into the novel, anyway, from what i've seen so far it appears to be decent...

17. SleeplessBanter

Reading List:
    Link
    On that plateau, everyone stared at the man who was just summoned and fallen unconscious. Many with a look of bewildered on their face. Knights who with harden expression due to seeing many hellish things on the battlefield were left looking like fresh fish out of the water, King Hildebrand who rarely succumb to his emotion even show a look of astonishment on his face. Even the foolish Nicolas wore a stranger look than usual on his face.

The only two people who were not fazed by the appearance of the summoned man was Avelina who was being supported by Rolla and Rolla herself. They only looked at the man like two kittens who just discovered something new and exciting to play with. Steadily walking closer to the summoned man, Avelina notice a flowing red liquid was coming from beneath the man. She quickly escaped from the support of Rolla and rushed towards the man. Even while being completely exhausted she showed an amazing burst of speed.

Lifting his head she began to examine his body from head to toe. Beside having darker skin and a bigger build then most she determined that he was a human. Finding the source of the wound she quickly took out her grimoire and tried to use the healing spell that was stored within it. She quickly realized she was unable to gather the amount of mana she needs to use the spell within her grimoire. With a panic voice, she shouted.

“Who here can use a healing spell.”

That shout filled with anxiety woke the people who were still unable to fully comprehend the whole situation from their muddle-headed.

“I can.”

Responding was a man in his late 60 with a shaved head, white beard down to his waist, and a face filled wrinkles, he wore a brown Robe with red trimming with several sliver feather embedded on it, the man who spoke was the royal physician who was finally awoken from his daze thanks to Avelina shout. He stepped forward moving towards the injured summoned man, showing a look of discomfort as he looked towards the king with a what to do expression. Even though he was a royal physician most healing spells were brought from the Holy Numbs Kingdom with a large amount of gold or other things with similar value. Enough gold for a family of 6 could live off for several years and that was the cost for the simplest of healing spell, after fully examining the summoned man judging from the wound it would require an intermediate healing spell. Even the royal family had to get permission from the king to use such a spell, noticing the doctor hesitation Avelina quickly understood the situation and yelled.

“Father, please allow the use of the intermediate healing spell.”

Still gazing at the summoned man, he unconsciously nodded.

With the approval of the king, the royal physician threw want every grievance he had to the back on his mind, with a flick of his wrist a bronze-colored book appeared from within his robe, and he began using the intermediate healing spell that was stored within his grimoire. Simple tearing out a page from the book and pouring mana in the page he was able to use the spell that was stored on the page, oddly enough if you were to look closely at where the page was torn from you could see it was recovering at a very slow pace.

Seeing that the wound on the summoned man was healed, like a dame that had finally reached its limits long ago Avelina collapse. Ever since she had completed the hero summoning ritual Avelina had been running off fumes and will power. Once the Situation clam down and the adrenaline that was keeping her awake wore off, all the exhaustion and stress that had built up over this whole ordeal hit her all at once causing her to collapses. Seeing Avelina fall unconscious Rolla let out a panicked cry.

“Ave!”

Rushing forward towards Ava, she began to cradle her body, like a mother rocking a child to sleep.

Seeing that the wound on the summoned man was healed, the royal physician walked towards Avelina. Looking at Rolla cradle Avelina, a hint of disgust could be seen in his eye.

“Release the princess, you vile bitch.”

Anger appeared on the face on Rolla, but she was more worried about Avelina. Slowly removing Avelina from her embrace she glared at the Doctor before moving to the side.

Seeing Rolla move to the side he began to examine Avelina, after examining her for a while a worried expression appeared briefly on his face, he performed one more final check on her before walking to the side of the king and whispering something. King Hildebrand who had just recovered from the shock of the situation, received the news about Avelina condition, a faint look of discomfort could be seen on his face before turning to normal. After a while, he finally spoke to the people on that plateau.

“The Princess has just collapsed from exhaustion she will be fine with some rest.”

Coming to pausing, he thought for a moment before speaking once more.

“The matter involving the summoned hero will be kept a secret, for now, anyone caught telling it would have three generations of their kin executed.”

After saying that the king commanded his knights to bring Avelina and the summoned hero to the castle. Taking a final look at the summoned man, he gave out another order.

“Also make sure that that individual is guarded, until farther notice.”

“Yes, your majesty.”

18. SleeplessBanter

Reading List:
    Link
    Returning to the Silverflight kingdom, King Hildebrand held an emergency conference a day later with his most loyal retainers and Prince Nicholas. The room was filled with dead silences for a while, the only sound that could be heard was King Hildebrand, running his hand through his beard with a distraught look appearing now and then on his face. Everyone one was still in deep shock from the event that had taken place a day earlier. The first to break this awkward room of silence was Prince Nicholas.

“Father did the hero summon failed, and we summoned someone of the demon race?”

Nicholas asked with a serious look, looking up at his son King Hildebrand could only let out a small sigh while shaking his head.

“That's impossible, the hero summoning ritual could never fail when used only properly, plus the hero summoning ritual only summon people from another world and from ancient text and diaries left by past heroes, only human seems to exist in that world, so it's absolutely impossible for him to be of the demon race. ”

“If that's not it then what father.'' Nicholas asked earnestly.”

“That is a good question indeed Nicholas.”

Thinking for a moment, King Hildebrand seemed to recalled notes he found among a bunch of relics left behind by his ancestor the previous hero, that mentioned a race of humans from his world with dark skin since he only briefly looked at the notes his memories of it was fuzzy. Trying to remember the notes he hasn't read in several decades, he started to become a bit annoyed and with a strong irritated voice, he called for Nicholas.

“Nicholas!”

Jumping from his seat due to the tone his father used Nicholas answered with a slight tremble.

“Yes father”

“Go to the royal library, if my memories are correct there should be some information on that summoned individual left by our ancestor. Bring whatever you think is needed”

Saying that he reached inside of his robe and throw a medallion towards Nicholas. Seeing the medallion caused Nicholas and all the knights to become wide-eyed, all of them knew that those who possess the medallion represented the kings' power and could do many things with it whether it be good or evil.

“Use that to enter the library deepest parts, and search for information regarding that summoned individual. If I'm pleased by what you find I will let you hold on to it for a day when you're done.”

Holding the medallion in his hand and hearing his father words an eagerness could be seen in his eyes.

“Yes, father!”

Saying that Nicholas quickly left to follow his father orders leavening only King Hildebrand and his Knights in the room. King Hildebrand then proceeded to discuss what course of action to take with his Knights.

At the same time in a room on the other side of the castle two women, and the royal doctor sit. Avelina and Rolla both had a look of unease on their faces.

“Princesses Avelina your physical health is alright from head to toe, bu.”

Hesitating for a moment before taking a deep breath, and speaking again.

“But it seems like your mana level and has been abolished”

“You are still able to use mana, but you will have to start all over, It's not the worst price someone has paid to perform the hero summons, on the contrary, it would be considered rather light compared to the other especially since the party is a woman.”

Hearing the last part caused anger to show on Avelina face since she knew the royal doctor would have never had spoken those words in front of her before the hero summoned ritual. With nothing else to say the royal doctor left the room leaving Avelina and Rolla in it by themselves.

Within seconds of the doctor leaving a whimpering sound could be heard, tears started to fall from the eyes of Ave, slowly rolling down the side of her red tainted cheeks, seeing this sight Rolla quickly hugged her, pulling her deep into her embrace, lean forward a bit she whispered into her ear.

“Everything will be fine Ave, it's just a small set back. As long as you're able to regain your strength I'm sure everything will be fine, this might even be a blessing in disguise, you will be able to build a better foundation now and it would be a lot easier now since you would know what kinds of hurdles you will face.”

With her face still buried in Rolla's chest, she spoke in a very timed voice, only loud enough for Rolla to hear.

“Rolla I know it could have been a lot worse bu..”

Pausing a bit trying to hold back her emotion.

“But all the hard work I put into training is gone, all those years wasted. How I'm going to protect the people now, what about the small town that father doesn't care about, what about the nobles that I have offended for their unjust action towards the other races, how I'm going to protect you, Rolla.”

A series of questions left Ave mouth, more tears came as she started to think about all the problems that will start to arise once word got out about her situation.

Rolla then places her hand on Ave head and slowly begun patting it.

“Everything will work it's self out somehow, as long as you are here I believe you will find a way to overcome anything, that's just how much I believe in this little crying princess of mines, you may not believe me Ave, but your good deeds have earned you many allies, from both sides of the war.”

Pausing for a moment

“There's also the summoned hero, I have a hunch he will do many good things for the people of this world.”

Hearing those word caused a slight twitch in Ave, noticing it Rolla smile a little and continued to speak.

“Did you see his skin such a lovely shade, wasn't it?”

Rolla could feel Ave nod in agreement.

“Also his hair looked so soft”

Pulling back from Rolla embrace, and looking into her eyes.

“It was like cotton, the smell was nice too.”

Having cheered up a bit the conversation between Ave and Rolla went on like this for a while. Before discussing the serious matter and what course of action to take from now on.

19. SleeplessBanter

Reading List:
    Link
    Several days have passed since the hero summoning was performed. In a room, Avelina and Rolla nervously looked at the summoned hero who has yet to awaken. Even though healing magic could restore limbs and heals wounds, it could not restore blood or remove fatigue, some spells could do so but the kingdom would not use such expensive spells for a person who has yet to prove themselves. So they could only wait for the hero to wake up naturally.

Ave and Rolla decide it would be best for the hero to have the first contact with them, so Ave and Rolla made plans to try to convince her father to let her and Rolla take responsibility for the hero till he wakes up, surprisingly her father agreed quite easily which shocked both her and Rolla.

On the first day of taking care of the hero Ave forbid the palace maids and the guards from entering the hero's room without her permission, she did this from fear of one of them being an extremist and would harm the hero due to a misunderstanding of him not being of the human race. All went well on the first day Rolla bath and changed the hero clothing, while Ave blushingly watched from the corner.

A few days have passed and it became routine for Ave and Rolla to look after the hero, It was the same process each day of Rolla changing and bathing the hero with a hint of awkwardness, while Ave blushed looking from the corner pretending not to look at the hero.

“Ave, are you sure he's completely human,” Rolla asked while wiping the hero's upper body.

“I'm sure why do you ask,” Ave asked tilting her head.

Blushing Rolla looks down at a certain spot point.

“Well, the hero's little hero is, just well you see.”

Hearing Rolla question she blushed a bit before answering.

“I'm sure he is human it's just that part it just a little bigger.”

“It's just not a little bigger,” Rolla said under her breath as she finished wiping his upper body.

“Mhm.”

While the two was taking care of the hero now and then a sound would leak from the hero.

“Rolla what kind of dream do you think he is having.”

Putting her hand on her hips, and boasting a wonderful smile.

“From the little hero that keeps popping up hopefully good ones.”

“Rolla.” Ave looked at Rolla with upturned eyes.

Do you think I could help you finish bathing the hero?

“Sure.” She replied with a smile.

“I was wondering when you were going to ask.”

With that the two maidens being to play with, I mean bath, the sleeping hero. While the two was bathing the hero, Shango was having a dream about the past.

Two little children were playing in the woods when they got separated.

“Yuki where are you Yuki!”

“Yuki, please stop hiding, it's not funny anymore.”

Tears started to fall from the young boys face. Ever since his parents died he has been afraid of being alone, even though he somewhat grew out of it when he got older, but now and then the fear would come back when he is left alone for too long.

“Yuki, please stop playing around.”

Rustling noise.

Coming from the bushes was a little girl about 7 or 8, she was covered with leaves, dirt, and cut marks could be seen all over her arm from running through the trees.

“Founded you,” she said while trying to catch her breath.

She said while grinning from ear to ear, saying that she leaps towards the boy giving him a big hug. She knew the boy did not like to be lefts alone. So with all her might, she searched for him with they got separated.

Sniffling a bit boy tried to calm himself down while been hugged by Yuki.

“Their their big sis Yuki is here,” she said while patting his back.

Feeling embarrassed I quickly escaping from the hug, wiping the tears away.

“Who big sis are you I don't remember aunt and uncle having another little brat like you.”

Saying that Shango could feel himself getting better, for some reason he would always feel at easy whenever Yuki was near him becoming a bit better, He held out his hand and look towards Yuki.

Seeing that she grabbed his hand and the two began to leave the forest. While leaving the forest Shango could feel Yuki tightening her hand and before he could say anything Yuki spoke.

“I'm sorry Shango, I got distracted for a minute and lost track of you, I'm so, so sorry.”

In her voice, you could hear how sincere she was, something you wouldn't expect for a girl her age.

“It's ok, I know you wouldn't do it on purpose.” Saying that he showed a big smile towards Yuki, gripping her hand a bit tighter.

“But from now on you have to stay with me when you think I'm lonely or find me when I get lost.”

Thinking back Shango would some times regret these word, even when he was not feeling lonely she would even sneak in his room for many years, passed the allowed years boys and girls were allowed to sleep together and on some occasion when she got drunk she would find herself in his room, even when he moved out.

“Okay, I pinky promise I will keep you from being lonely and find you if you get lost." She then held out her little pinky and wrap it around his, looked into his eyes.

“But someday you have to do something I ask for”

Looking at Yuki for a moment he node his head.

“Sure, I pinky promise as well.”

With the picky promise done the two finally made their way out of the forest. With the dream nearing its end, Shango began to wake up. Opening his eyes he saw two beautiful women, whom he had never seen before. The two did not notice that the man who they had been waiting for to wake up has finally opened his eyes they were too preoccupied with undressing him, they did not notice he was awake.

Looking at the two unknown women removing his clothing,

“Ahem.”

“If you two go any further, I Won't be able to become a groom anymore, I'll have you two take responsibility for that.”

20. SleeplessBanter

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally noticing that the hero, who they have been waiting for to wake was waked, a look of surprise and excitement could be seen plastered on their faces, just when Ave was about to speak, the hero spoke first.

“Would you two be so kind as to remove your hands please?” He said in a gentle yet stern voice with a smiling face, while motioning with his eyes for them to look down. Following his eyesight, the two realize that they both were still in the process of removing the sleeping hero's undergarment with both their hands still tucked in the bottom half. Blushing the two quickly removed their hands, from the mans lower part, embarrassment could be seen on their faces.

Look at the two beautiful women, Shango wonder shouldn't he feel proud that he was taking advantage of by these to beautiful women, thinking to his self it was not the first time he was taking advantage in his sleep, he once caught Yuki doing similar thing to him when they were young and grilled her about it. He found out that she had been doing these type of things to him for many years out of curiosity. Thinking about it now Shango doesn't know whether to laugh or cry.

With Shango lost in his thoughts the room was filled with an awkward silence. Ave and Rolla look at each other and then back at the hero, with a node a silent agreement was reached between the two they decide to pretend like nothing happen, with that decision made that Ave walked closer towards the hero and with shining eye spoke.

“Hello Hero my Name is Avelina Ninth princess of the Sliverflight Kingdom, but those close to me call me Ave and this one here is Rolla my maid and most trusted friend.”

“Greetings hero” Rolla spoke as she gave a bow to the hero.

Hearing their voices Shango was pulled back him from his thoughts of the past, sitting up from the bed and looking at the two he realized the two were more beautiful than he originally thought, staring at the two, he got trap by their beauty for a moment. Returning to his senses he decided to tell them his name.

“Hello my name is Shango,” He said with a smile.

Moving closer to Shango and using both of her hands to gripping his hand.

“Shango, what a wonderful name for a hero,” Ave said with a thrilled expression.

“Truly a name befitting a hero,” Rolla said as she brought her two hands together.

“Hold up” Shango said with a strong tone of voice while looking Ave dead in the eyes, he then turned his head around and finally started to pay attention to his surrounding, his notice that that room he was in had a medieval feel to it, even the dresses Ave and Rolla wore give off the feeling of them being from the middle ages. Even the robe that was somehow put on him give him a medieval feel. There was also the weird feeling he got from how Ave and Rolla called him. After looking around for a bit more and thinking for a while, he returned his eyes to Ave and spoke.

“I was wondering this for a while now, but where I'm I and who are you calling a Hero.” Removing his hand from Ave's grip and then folding his arms, he then looked at her for answers.

Ave and Rolla looked at each other then back at Shango, Rolla then nudges Ave forward a bit as if telling her to explain the situation to Shango.

Taking a deep breath Ave then begun to tell Shango all about the hero summoning, a bit about the situation of the Kingdom, but before she could finish she was interrupted by Shango.

“So let me get this straight.” He said with a bit of irritation in his voice.

“You're telling me you forcibly kidnap me from my world and then you are going to force me into dangerous situations to help solve your problems.” Shango said as he looked at them with a deadpan look.”

“I would not quite put it that way,” Ave said while lowering her head.

“You kidnap me right?" He said while raising his voice a bit.

“If you want to say it that way then yes,” Ave said with downcast eyes

“You're planning on putting me to work right! To help fix your problems right.”

“Yes,” Ave answered in even a lower voice.

“Then which part did I get wrong.”

“....” Ave could not think of anything to refute Shango, she knew that the person summoned would be taking from there world never to see their family and friends again, she also knew that the summoned hero was used mostly to wage war. So when Shango began to speak on those issues, Ave started to feel guilty, it could be seen all over her face.

Looking at how pitiful Ave became Shango lighten his tone a little, even though he just meet the girl his instincts were telling him that she was a good person.

Sigh, looking at her reminded him a bit of Yuki when she sulked, it was nearly impossible to stay mad at Yuki when she was like that and today he had met someone just like her. Even though he was still upset he decided it was best to let it go for now.

“Fine, first lets put the earlier topic to the side, I will need so proof that this really is another world and I have not just been kidnapped by some delusional cosplayer, can I see some magic or something.”

Hearing that the hero would not push the topic anymore Ave mood visibly got better. She then took out a small staff from her sleeve.

“Sure.” Ave then begun to chat a spell, she was going to use the most amazing spell in her arsenal, she wanted to blow Shango mind, a moment passed but nothing happens.

“So I was kidnapped by a delusional cosplayer,” Shango said while making a bitter smile.

Rolla steps forward and whispered something in Ave ears.

A look of utter embarrassment was written all over Ave.

“mhmm, right now I'm unable to use that, I hope a simpler one would.” She said with a dejected look.

“Sure.” As long as I get to see something cool.

Ave then gives a node but, before Ave could perform the next spell a knock was heard.

“Your majesty has arrived!”