DnD stuff

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by buftect, Jan 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. buftect

buftect Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After Pathfinder kingmaker out at steam i have been interest about dnd and looks some dnd stuff at twitcth or youtube and heared about someone who play rogue just to steal party's item .
    so my question is does anyone try make to make a PC with high perception just to stop the rogue ?

sorry for broken english

2. buftect

buftect Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and i never play dnd before except from the game

3. NeoPhantom

NeoPhantom Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If interested in DnD, the best place to look at at present is DnD Beyond website and forums.

4. Nydestroyer

Nydestroyer Special Name.

Reading List:
    Link
    It's way easier to min max dex and slight of hand(for stealing) than it is to min max wisdom and perception(for seeing) but that's not how you fuck over the asshole rogue, you just use divination spells to track down missing items and confront them. Locating an item is easy and also just being good at stealing dosnt make you not a suspect when the only people it could have been where the rogue, a dumb barbarian, a Paladin, or a cleric. Also your party, unless they are cool with it, will probably get annoyed IRL and such a player will eventually tone it down or stop, or be just killed by the party or gm if they dont stop.

Astaroth likes this.
  5. pocketbear

pocketbear !!!!!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    So a general rule I as a DM run by is you cant take things from party members without their permission. And that solves that.

Jatron and Worldrefrain like this.
  6. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    Find people in your local town/city and just try it

7. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of times it depends on your DMs attitude on the subject. Some Dms ban stealing between players and if a player is known to do it a lot those rules are enforced a lot. I've also heard of some Dms using more creative means. So for example a wizard or other magic classes could put spells on fake items in their inventory to make them traps. I was told that wizards with some spells from the school of necromancy could put curses on gold coins for the thief to steal.

Worldrefrain likes this.
  8. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is DnD still a thing ? It was already a old game when I was a teen

9. SublimeWay

SublimeWay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DnD is a party based game so you really don’t want players undermining each other. It should be party vs. world at large since it’s really difficult to survive a regular difficulty campaign otherwise.

That said, keeping the item safe depends on a lot of factors like size of the item, access to magic etc. One thing to keep in mind is that if it’s small like a ring you can just hide it somewhere in your backpack. To steal it they have to know where it is first.

Now with some low to mid level spells/psi you can make a copy of the item, slap a magic aura on it, and carry it around while keeping the original wrapped in a sheet of lead in a bag of holding or better yet a portable hole. As long as no one spends a lot of time fiddling with it to appraise it or identify it, you’re fairly safe. The lead sheet foils a lot of detections spells on top of the extradimensional space. In addition a NonDetection on the bag of holding or portable hole is also helpful to hide it’s magic aura. I prefer to hide the magic aura of the object because it’s suspicious for adventurers of any standing to be without magic items.

Or if the item is nonmagical, Shrink Item and then put it in your sock... but most important items are magical in DND.

pocketbear and Worldrefrain like this.
  10. Worldrefrain

Worldrefrain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh a lot of stealing from other players involves some kind of meta-gaming which is usually not cool.

pocketbear likes this.
  11. leo.d.

leo.d. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s still a thing played by people of all ages

12. Deleted member 37987

Deleted member 37987 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why to avoid such situations you should stab your party but they won't allow it. :(

I find it really sad DnD can only be played as a small group and you'll never be able to be the guy who fucks up everyone.

13. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    So do you want a DND-based PC game like Pathfinder: Kingmaker (which as the name says is actually based on a Pathfinder campaign adventure path, not dnd, though it's basically dnd 3.5) or DND tabletop/pen&paper?

Cause so far most people have been talking about the board game

p.s. so other PC games would be things like Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, etc.

14. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It never really came up for me in any D&D-variant game, but I was once in an online/chatroom Shadowrun game (didn't last long enough to be called a campaign), where the GM told me after everyone quit, that I was the very last one to tell him that my plans for the next session (if it had happened) was to murder most of my "team" for being a**hats (that being said, the "team" was the equivalent of a "you're all hired in a bar" party, so we had no in-game ties to each other, & the players hadn't been allowed much pre-game contact to plan our characters).