Discussion Do we look like this to higher beings?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lovecraftian works got that analogy covered.

2. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I keep hearing references to this, is it really worth reading?

3. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I was thinking from the cultivation perspective. Has nothing to do with physics or mental acuity. To those of a higher reality, we are just retarded children who couldn't find our ass with instructions and both hands. To those below our reality, we have defiled and desecrated their holy land and reward.

4. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Well that's what I get for posting on NU. Cultivators are retarded, they might be powerful as gods or overgods and whatever but that has nothing to do with wisdom. They might know how to calculate a level omega array whatever in their head but that's about it.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  5. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Your the one that started talking about beings of higher or lower realities. They only real environment that uses such settings are cultivation type novels. So I guess if you want a more appropriate response, you might wa t to do a better job defining what you mean by "higher reality".

As for a response to the above comment, I have to completely disagree. The cultivators you are referring to are Chinese Xanxia meatheads. The characters in these settings are defined by Chinese culture, nothing more. And while I'll admit that some of their western contemporaries have been infected with their asian elders, that in no way means that the concept behind it is as they portray.

I mean seriously, do you honestly think a cultural where rogue vagrants or children of deposed political figures are allowed to become mass murderers is viable? I mean they not only wipe out entire families for offending them, but also force just about every, "skin like jade beauty", into a sexual relationship and become their "woman"... so no I dont mean Xanxia cultivators. They are to busy raping, killing, or cultivating to care what civilizations of other realities are doing.

6. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    TBH I was thinking they probably think I'm a slug, lol.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  7. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    No... my question was posted after watching Star Talk with Neil deGrasse Tyson. It is an actual hypothesis. Suppose there was an actual xianxia multiverse, sure plot armor wouldn't exist but someone finding an artifact or making a breaktrough and doing an edgy clanicide is possible. Unless it is even more realistic and the people there are not retarded as in novels(as far as I know there isn't a xianxia without these "muscleheads", it's in the core of the genre). Ok, my bad that people didn't figure this for a pure astrophysics talk or the other thread where I was talking about binging addiction and everyone assumed it was about anime or korean dramas, or the thread about a pick up line and everyone assumed it was something I used IRL and I "wanted to be desperate for a nurse" lol dafuq that even means. I guess deep down I knew what to expect from posting here, but I didn't wanna do it on reddit because I would hardly get any replies, perhaps even none. I shouldn't be posting anyway, waste of time.

8. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot like it and a lot of works references it, so yeah.

9. Dream Dragon

Dream Dragon New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The heck do you guys mean when you're talking about higher realities? Do you mean higher dimensions of SPACE? If there are beings in 4-d space, then there is a chance that 'they' can't even imagine us, just like we can't imagine 4-d space. If you're talking about higher realities like how most cultivation novels have an Immortal/Celestial/Transcendent realm etc., than they probably see us as country bumpkins, or undeveloped natives in some poor corner of the universe. Assuming that they're human even.

10. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a TV show, cosmos or something.. Neil deGrasse Tyson was the host. In it there was an episode in which he explains there can be 2d world where if life exists they would be totally blind to the concept of up and down.

The same way, a 4th dimension is something we can't see. We can deduce it, like the 2d beings do, that there is a higher or larger reality.. but we can't perceive it.

Beings from 4th dimension might just have the same thought about us like how we think about characters on Pacman and other 2d games..

They might not even see us, just be aware of our lower dimension that's all.

imK likes this.
  11. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    My personal theory is that if there are higher beings, they're either unaware of us, or apathetic toward us. I mean, using this theory, there's a universe that's a shadow of ours and we're the higher beings to their beings. Are we aware of their actual existence? There seems to be no intersection between universes, or if there is, we're unaware of it. Maybe the higher beings can also only theorize like us. Or if they're far more advanced and can attempt contact where the universes intersect, the contact fails on our side as we're unaware of it.