Discussion Do you believe supernaturals

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sawanara murasaki, Apr 23, 2020.

Tags:
?

Do you believe supernatural?

1. Yes!

19 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. No, that's superstitious

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  3. Depends

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  4. Uh?!

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  5. What?

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  6. I don't know

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. What's supernatural?

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. Sound superstitious but I trust its existence

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    As the title says. This has nothing to do with religions or beliefs. Merely ask your heart if it believe this kind of stuffs or an immediate no. What I mean by supernaturals are like:
    ※ Ghosts (demons) and angels
    ※ Elves (the Malay folklore but it's true because I heard many interesting stories base on these creatures and it's true that they're beautiful)
    ※ Fairies (This is an ambivalence but I'd read an English history book where a Norman married to a fairy, ??)
    ※ Gifts (special ability like a man who cut the red sea, a man who could understand animals and so on)
    ※ Ancestor'S myths
    ※ Legends (Legendary stories which were passed down to the new generations like in my country where a village got its name after the biggest snake ever exist from the sky fell on the highest hill and so on)
    ※ Black magic/ contracting demons [yes, black magic involve demons] (e.g. like enchant your crush so they fell for you, kill the person who you hate the most and so on)
    ※ Psychic power [no doubt]
    ※ Curses [by people or natural born but some people argue it's a gift like me who have a charming power for man, no kidding yo but disgusting]
    And many other beliefs.
    Sound superstitious? Yepp, no doubt but I believe them.

2. Master

Master [Old Pervert] [Grandmaster]

Reading List:
    Link
    I am African, a lot of crap goes down here but nothing scares the bat crap out of people like black magic.

long story short, yes, angels and jinns (demons), black magic they are all parts of my faith but no to elves and etc

Mnotia likes this.
  3. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    I only believe in the energy fields.
    Then again we don't know much about our minds so even fields are something else.

4. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I also believe that the earth is flat. /s

Jokes aside, I think that superpowers are most likely realistic.

Telekinesis should be able to be artificially developed in the near future. Magic is science even if you don't think it is.

We just need time to develop the needed tech.

Just show some of our current machines to people 1000 years ago. They would call it magic.

Elon Musk even sweared to bioengineer catgirls lol

Mnotia, Loni4ever and Fulminata like this.
  5. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on which part of the superstitious. I don't believe all of them.
    One thing that I believe the most is the concept of souls. I feel that this is the main reason for why twins are very different despite having the same origin and body. They are living in similar environment and receiving almost equal treatment. Yet, turned out differently from one another. The twin's connection to one another is also another reason.

Although I doubt ghosts exist, but I do believe in curses could affect one's luck and life. Something like using one's hair and using cursed dolls to make other people experienced misfortune.
    This is not only in superstitions level, but also in subconscious level.

As for divination, I don't really believe it, because the rate of it's going to happened is extremely low. It's not worth mentioning.

6. Devil Heart

Devil Heart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm

Don't know much

But i just believe it exists somewhere i can't see

7. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe anything can happen. Skynet is inevitable.

8. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a realist and dont believe in any of that stuff. Humans just like to make up stuff when they dont understand, because nothing scares people more than the unkown.

Just in case I checked in with my omnipotent cat master, and he says humans are stupid and should stick to being human slaves of cats that they are and stop thinking useless stuff.

Fulminata likes this.
  9. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I do believe itt! why? cuz its fun! XD

On a more serious note, i do grew up in an environment with a thick superstitious tendency. Ghosts, curses, djinns, black magics, and "gifts" are somehing that i generally acknowledge and respect, just like i acknowledge that we breathe in air, that there might be a supermasssive blackhole at the center of the universe, and that lea seydoux is hot. Heck, i even regularly attend the cleansing ritual of family's heirloom weapon that is held once a year.

But more importantly, listening to the lore of them (and supernaturals occurence) is just tremendously fuuunnnn!
    :aww::aww::aww::aww:

Sawanara murasaki likes this.
  10. ExcitableFoci

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds fun.

As for your beliefs. Where do you draw the line?

Lemme give you an example of people drawing lines:

I think that God exists but I don't think that he is the source of everything good that happens. He is just there and he lets humans do as they please, so all evil and good isn't his fault. I don't think that praying to him would do anything. Because that doesn't work.

Or:

I think that ghosts exist but that they aren't as cheap as those stories that haunt people, they are simply there in another plane of existence. Incapable of affecting reality.

Do you think that the videos in which people prove some supertitions wrong, or the origin of those superticions, are fake?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    Fulminata likes this.
  11. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    My moms family comes from DEEP south. "Where slaves were still active even though it was abolished 5 years ago" south.

Theyre superstitious and it doesnt really help that my dads family is "true" native american.

I believe in all the shits like karma,the crossroads, buffalo, and some other shit. But I dont really believe in "religion".

12. ExcitableFoci

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you mind explaining that to me? Is it the a karma that affects you in life, or one that punishs you in the afterlife?

13. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    I have seen shit happen, felt a couple of them myself. A few were witnessed by my mom. Apparently it's something that runs in my mom's side of the family. A few examples :
    My mom told me about this incident, she was travelling once in a bus getting back home, it was late at night, raining like hell, pitch dark due to power outage. Mom had to travel on foot quite a ways from the nearest bus stop. She was worried what to do in those conditions. From nowhere, a guy asked if she was getting off at that particular bus stop, and then where she was heading. He said he was heading the same way. Mom and that guy were the only two to get off there. He also held mom's hand and guided her through the dark roads, even telling her where the potholes and rocks were to watch out. It was so bloody dark, my mom never saw the guys face she couldn't see anything at all, yet the guy could. Before she knew, the guy dropped her off at home and left. Over the next year that she stayed there, my mom never met the guy again, considering the guy said he lived nearby.

The second incident was when my mom died in the hospital. I had gone to sleep at 12 outside the icu. My eyes just naturally opened at 4am and when I turned around, 5 seconds later, I could see the nurse walking towards the icu door, open it and call me slowly, not to disturb the others who were sleeping. She said my mom passed away a a few seconds ago. Somehow I knew the moment my eyes opened, why I had woken up.

So basically, I believe in the supernatural. Not everything, but things that I feel can be real and have not been disproven directly. It's a case by case thing.
    I also once met this lady, she was short, fat and ugly. Yet her husband was pretty good looking, tall fair handsome, and they had an arranged marriage. There was rumour she had used black magic to entrap him. Later I heard she was being tormented by a ghost in her sleep, and would wake up with scratch marks on her body, even the hard to reach places. This came from a legit source, an acquaintance in the field, who was approached by the lady. According to the source, the spirit tormenting her was a nasty one, so the rumour of her using black magic was true. It was the price she was paying for binding a spirit to do her bidding.

Mnotia likes this.
  14. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    It's kinda funny that my religion got nothing to do with that cleansing ritual. The religion comes from A, the rituals come from B and is a cultural thing, but they exist in harmony and side-by-side.

As for the line, well, common senses? it's pretty hard to draw a clean one once you've seen some rad things live, like how people grow wires from their stomach (crazy, right? i don't believe it either at first!:aww: ) or mysterious evil twin of your brother calling your name. Sometimes, sciences and superstition do overlaps anyway, since they're basically an accumulation of humans experiences, albeit in a different form. So i just take things by stride, use my brain, trust the facts, put an actual effort in my action, and just don't court death (like a horror movie mc) when an elder or a local figure tells me not to mess around in a certain area :aww:.

As for the videos thingy, well, we'll never know. Maybe it's fake, maybe some spirit finds it entertaining and decide to hold a fashion show in front of the camera while we can't see a thing (and gracefully tolerates the crew), or maybe it's actually true and the myth is nothing but a myth. It's fun, it's entertaining, but i would probably rolls my eyes while saying "idiot" if something does happen to the crew bcs of their actions :blobpopcorn_cool:

15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    19656.png
    problem: do you believe on supernatural stuff?

as priest plus miko lineage family which exist since before this cat country exist combine with personal experience plus trusted other such as acquaintance, friends and family be it from main house or branch one~ yeah some supernatural phenomena do exist~
    as science educated cat which drilled with science methodology, mindset and habit da heck is supernatural~ it only need more research with science method to explain da heck is happening~

conclusion~
    eh so~so
    19656.png

16. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to believe in it. But so far i haven't experienced anything that would make me convinced

17. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Ai-chan believe that they exist? Yes.

Why would Ai-chan make deals with non-existent things?

Sawanara murasaki likes this.
  18. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    If they really exist, occult classes would have been held in school. :hmm:

19. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Both.

My family believes that karma extends to every part of your life. Like, if you'll have enough gas to get to work, where you go when you die, how lucky you are, and etc.

But my great grandmother believed that karma effected what you got if you ever met Papa Legba on the crossroads.

Google "crossroads hoodoo" and "papa legba myth" if you wanna know what im talking about.

ExcitableFoci likes this.
  20. ExcitableFoci

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how it would work with people not meaning what they do.

Like, a busynessman ends taking a decision that without intending ends with the death of thousands of innocent people. Will he be punished? Why not?

The whole thing of someone/something with a set of values judging souls with different set of values sounds a bit unfair to me to be honest.

Example: People born with mental illnesses (genes) aren't at fault for continuing to do bad deeds, but they do continue accumulating bad karma.