Do you envy the crazies?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Lemur420

Lemur420 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or it could be that the desire to be thus, is a direct reflection of an illness in and of itself?

Nargol likes this.
  2. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You do know that not all mental illnesses make you be able to kill without batting and eye or getting off of killing people, right? On the extremes, they probably can make you kill, but I'm talking of really extreme cases where you don't know better due to your illness. If you have serious depression, would you want to go on a killing spree because you get off of it? No, you would most likely want to kill yourself than others.

If you have schizophrenia you would hear sounds of things that aren't even there, see things that aren't real... those things ain't fun and will not give you a stress free life.

What I believe you are thinking about is the portrayal of a crazy and broken person in fiction, which I don't know can happen (probably can, but haven't looked into it.) Still, for you to just stop giving a single fuck about everything, you have to go through a shitton of stress in order for your mind to change so much. Will life afterwards be worth going through that? No, it will probably be even worse, so don't say you envy the crazy ones. You don't really envy them.

3. Doughb

Doughb Hand Tied

Reading List:
    Link
    You should read more lnmtl

4. scribbledoutname

scribbledoutname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not how being mentally ill actually works lol

You're basically just saying you wish you were happy... so why not wish for that? :blobmelt::blobReach:

5. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry Yukki, Yuno will protect you.

6. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The more knowledge one has, the more of a burden one has.

I would not envy anyone for various reasons.

First, there is a thin line between stupidity/unawareness/simplicity and looney/crazy/mental issues. Someone who can be considered stupid can be one who has lack of knowledge or lack of awareness, this means that one with lack of awareness is one who has yet to develop himself to exam himself, to see his faults and what he his lacking.... therefore, there is a lack in the rationale to examine himself and if he cannot examine himself, how can he examine or properly think of anything else? Someone who is crazy is basically someone with a distorted rationale or their mental capacity, ability to think or rationalize is distorted or ruined, their mind can be sick or their personality can be sick/distorted.

Second, someone who envies others for their stupidity, simplicity or even craziness is deluded, crazy or stupid himself. Anyone with some proper knowledge will despair at the reality that the more you know, the more you become aware how lacking in knowledge you are. For example, you begin to study physics... therefore, you start learning and when you start learning, more questions haunt you. Another example, a researcher... the more he explores the unknown mysteries of the world, the more he realizes that there is more unknown things in this world.

Conclusion:
    Knowledge can be infinite and it is always growing, expanding and evolving... therefore, thinking you can envy another because of the capability of your brain or personality/character development is deluded because there will be always someone above you in knowledge and self-development that will envy you.

7. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    Then while you are partying with some fellow crazies in the asylum in the middle of the night, you suddenly regained your sanity ......

8. JackStone

JackStone Wow. How nice. Good job.

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I should care because? :hmm:

9. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why I'm envying those who are truly mentally ill and ignorant as I am, I still desire that Wonderland.:facepalm:
    I do envy them, because I fear them, therefore I envy what make me afraid of them, and that is their warped perception of reality.
    I don't want a wish, I want tangible and materialistic results. If we could wish happiness, then why is my world, your world, our world still a fucked up place? Sigh
    I consider this a compliment in certain cases but for now, it might be an insult... or not.
    If you read my signature, it basically says "To know is to die."

10. NewbArtist

NewbArtist *Blubg

Reading List:
    Link
    Try reading this entire thread with dyslexia.
    I assume that having mental illnesses will only cause more stress.

11. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    I am the crazies and it's not as fun as you seem to think it is.

12. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, shit, then Outlast happens, except we don't have our night visioned camera.:blobfearful:
    Who said anything about caring? So, do you envy crazies as well?:blobdizzy:

13. Lemur420

Reading List:
    Link
    @Zheya , I honestly believe the general consensus is that you shouldn't envy them for any reason, nor are your assumptions about the nature of the mentally ill even close to being an astute observation of reality. Lord byron in his epic poem "The child harold's pilgrimage" says it best when he states "Each has his pang, but feeble sufferers groan, with brain born dreams of evil all their own" Meaning each of us has our own problems and it is only those who either cannot or will not face their problems that groan or bemoan themselves and wish for their sorrows to end or to share or switch places with another, being ignorant of just that same fact. That everyone has their own problems all different, all equal. Do not wish for someone else's malady, instead, if you wish not to bear yours any longer, then do what is required to shuck it off. To evolve. Evolve yourself beyond the problems you face

14. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    If I fail to evolve, then I shall await my end in this generation, and let those after me evolve continuity. Simple as that.:aww:

15. JackStone

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not weird like you :blobowoevil:

16. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    To think I'm called weird by someone more weirder than me.:blobsob:
    Birds of the same feather, huh?:hmm::blobrofl:

17. JackStone

Reading List:
    Link
    What?! I'm weirder than you? :blobdizzy: :facepalm:

18. Lemur420

Reading List:
    Link

I believe strange, or more weird is what you guys are looking for.

19. GuldTasken

GuldTasken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a difference between a Mental ill person and a Mentally Crazy person. You need to read the title of this thread before you rant.

If you are like these people, that have to go on medication while in rehab/prison, feel free to deem your own condition somewhat Crazy. But...

Most people with Mental Illness that are defined as Crazy does not have the moral Wall that normal people have. Due the lack of this Moral wall, they in a sense, do not have the society pressure on them. Because to them, everything incomprehensible. What truly Crazy is, when that wall, border and line does not exist.. To them, beating their 9 year old brother is nothing wrong. To them, raping their little sister, is nothing wrong. To them, beating someone is like clapping hands.

So you are clearly, in a illusion. By the sounds of it, you are someone from Military and those Mental conditions are nothing I deem "Crazy".

Next up, I feel like Disabled(from birth) people have it FAR, FAR worse than your mentioned situation. So how about you take a step away from the Victim seat in regards to how you are shunned in society. I went to a school, where disabled people of various conditions were. Some were in wheelchair, some had different conditions that hindered learning in one way or another. Can't really name the conditions, but for them... getting into the life of work is very... very difficult. To them, finding a partner of love can be quite difficult without a matchmaker or gatherings for people of similar disabled nature. Heck, the idea of Vacation outside their country is a rare opportunity.

Example, there is a disabled person that lives in the next building over. She is someone that went to same school, I went to. She walks from the city, every day while holding a phone near her face. Listening to a song, singing along. She can't get driver's license due her condition. She can probably cook, but she needs a supervisor that checks up on her. She requires government funding to survive. Since companies generally don't pay full wage for these people, born with disability. And This is fairly good, for our country. That have 30% tax on our wages.

My school was a mixture.

20. missycin

missycin Pikachu is ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ and BL is (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Reading List:
    Link
    agree with the tag, this is a shitpost. no guessing about it