Discussion Do you exercise?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shaiole, Feb 22, 2022.

1. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    I exercise restraint. I've only killed mosquitos on purpose so far. Praise me. :blobReach:

2. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    Get a dog to lose weight. Such a strange recommendation, but it somehow makes sense:hmm:

Cream likes this.
  3. Tech is life

Tech is life [Disinterested] [Sleepy] [Blithe]

Reading List:
    Link
    Exercising is fun. And it keeps in you shape. I used to exercise regularly it continued for 3 months and I was neatly in shape. But then due to busy lifestyle.....I stopped and starting it again seems a pain so I just exercise randomly which is not good. Perhaps... if you start by allotting time for it and exercising to your favourite songs it will be fun. And you shouldn't look for improvements in a week or few days. Improvement will be seen in a month and it will take you three months to get back rusty body in shape.
    So just exercise regularly by finding free time...and perhaps trying to convince you I should start as well

Issis and Cream like this.
  4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    exercise?
    nope~
    just doing some regular stuff such cleaning weed and grass on garden or little field, laundry using hands aka manual laundry (oh go try a week worth of clothes you will have got arm on long run), cleaning the floor err mop floor?, cooking hmmm basically just move around not just lie on bed~

btw here video from 2013 about exercise at home go try it

5. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    Well my dog eats half (well no, I'm exaggerating) of whatever I eat. Ok I don't give her any rice/pastries etc oily, salty, and so on type foods, coz you cant or shouldn't give those to dogs, but stuff like carrots, apples, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, nuts, cucumbers, sweet peppers, tomatoes, and so on- my dog will happily eat as much as I give her (she is a glutton who wants more, but I resist her eyes and whines... usually) so technically the quantity I eat is reduced. also every time I feel like going to get a snack I need to think twice, as, as soon as I get up and go to the kitchen a little tail will follow me and say that me munching alone on anything is unfair, I need to give her some too. If I feel like I already gave her too much snack type food that day- then I also don't go into the pantry... otherwise I'll have to share

Cream and Shaiole like this.
  6. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat pat*
    Doing everyday things will become much easier when you subject yourself to more difficult exercise.

7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    like gym? meh~

8. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    *puts pointer finger up* 1 pushup. Every day. I dare you.

9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    meh~ manual laundry is better for practical use~

10. Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Skip all the "light home exercises" and do cardio training, if you really want to loose weight effectively.

If you want to gain muscles, than it will be a lot more technical and complicated. The most important is the right eating habit. You can exercise for years and don't gain anything, without proper protein input and I don't mean protein powders.
    You need the right composition of proteins. You have to eat the right mix of proteins and not too much, because your body will process the excess protein to glucose.
    The most important part is how much your body utilize the protein. Animal protein is closer to human, therefore it has a higher utilization rate than plant type protein etc.
    You also have to be wary of what different proteins (different amino acids) you eat together. F.e. you never should eat only egg white without the egg yolk. If you take away the egg yolk the utilization rate of the protein drops a lot. There are important amino acids in the egg yolk, that you need for the best utilization of the protein. Remember, everything that isn't utilized by your body, will be changed to glucose.
    The utilization of egg white, without the yolk drops to 17%, which is the usual utilization rate for plant proteins, which means 83% of the protein turns into glucose.

Anyway, you have to put a lot of thought into your eating habits first as you can see :D
    Also, you shouldn't train your muscles everyday. If you train them properly, then they need a "repair phase" of 48h. This is the actual grow phase, that you don't want to interrupt by destroying your muscle tissues again with training.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    Cream likes this.
  11. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    @Shaiole I just found great exercises for you (except number 2, just don't drink alcohol) :blobangel:
    [​IMG]

12. kayrahiss

kayrahiss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I exercise at home and I basically need just enough space for a yoga mat.

The youtube channels I follow:
    1. Kathryn Morgan - https://www.youtube.com/c/Tutugirlkem
    Apart from ballet classes there're also pilates/conditioning workouts and those are pretty decent. The routines are mostly geared towards people doing ballet, but that doesn't mean you won't benefit from them if you aren't a ballet student.
    2. Dansique Fitness - https://www.youtube.com/c/DansiqueFitness
    Plenty of good workouts, though if you're a beginner, they may prove a tad too challenging for you. If you're interested, Desiree has a couple of warm-up routines on her channel, I suggest you start with those as they're short (12 - 15 min) and simple.
    3. Adison Briana - https://www.youtube.com/c/FlowwithAdee
    She has a lot of flexibility tutorials on her channel and they're quite effective and enjoyable, the prerequisite being that you warm up properly and do them at least 2 - 3 times a week for a few months.

Forming a habit takes time and dedication, but exercising is fun, you don't want to lose out on the joy it brings.

Cream and sweed like this.
  13. Windsley

Windsley Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, let the scariest looking dog to chase you.
    if you don't lose weight, your flesh will...

14. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I say take up photography. Set out and take pictures of your favorite spots. Not only will give you some exercise, but also free you from that stuck at home feeling. The best part is that they are all side benefits to the actual hobby.
    But if your stuck inside…
    Cheap solution. Jump rope.
    Expensive solution. At home gym.
    For me. I love going to gym. I always feel like I get a lot energy from it. I look better and tend to do my job better.
    The sad part is I stop going for a lot reason. Mostly work and family vacations. I just haven’t been able to get back on the horse again. But I can still remember all the good things about it. So I will get back on my routine soon. I wish you luck

Cream likes this.
  15. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to have different exercise routines for each day of the week. For example I’ll start with some light workouts for Monday and Friday, for Tuesday and Thursday I’ll just do my normal workouts, and for Wednesday I’ll do 2x my normal workout. Basically you don’t want to start off too extreme, you want to slowly build up to it.

Normal exercise for me would be:
    - 20 jumping jacks
    -20 lunges
    - 30 squats
    -20 frog jumps
    - 20 burpee’s
    -30 push ups
    - 5minutes of planks
    - 20 mountain climbers
    -30 sit ups
    -30 leg raise
    (And just try to get around 10,000 steps a day)

Cream likes this.
  16. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
    I run a mile or more. Lift weights. Run a half mile. Walk a half mile.

And yup yup that’s it. If I’m tired and sore, I just swim a little.

I do this about every other day.

Hardest part is always getting started. Mentally, I just tell myself that running a mile is just 10 minutes. 10 freaking minutes! That’s nothing.

You don’t have to push yourself. If you can’t run a mile, just walk half, run half. Or run slowly. Listen to good music. If you hate running, don’t run. Do something you like.

The best way to incorporate exercise into your lifestyle is to find something that is fun that you like doing.
    • Zumba is fun. You have pop music, and you’re dancing.
    • Get an audiobook and go on a hike.
    • Play video games or read webnovels while walking on the treadmill. Set the incline to like 5-10 degrees, and you’ll feel the burn in 15 minutes. Or do the stair master thing.
    • Walk/bike somewhere instead of driving.
    • Go to the zoo. Go to the aquarium. Go to the museum. Easily 5-10k steps of walking.
    • There’s plenty of workout series on Youtube that you can follow at home.
    • Get a workout buddy.
    • Go to the gym and check out the hot guys lol
    • Clear the living room. Put on a TV show while you go through your workout routine.
    Best advice I can give you is: Just do it

If you need idea for workout routines, well there’s plenty online. Depends on your equipment too. I just hired a personal trainer to come up with mine, and it was pretty worth it.

• Run a mile, mostly just to warm up the body.
    • Lift Weights
      • Arm Day (usually do 4 of these)
        • bicep curls
        • shoulder presses
        • lat pulldown
        • tricep push down
        • overhead tricep extension
      • Leg Day (usually do 3 of these)
        • squats
        • lunges
        • calf raises
        • romanian deadlifts
      • Random other stuff
        • Abs:
          • Sit ups / Leg lifts / V ups
          • weighted oblique twists
        • Glutes:
          • glute bridge
        • stretching
    • Cooldown: run/walk a mile
    Cycle between Arm day —> Leg day —> Swim —> Repeat.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    kayrahiss and Cutter Masterson like this.
  17. milkcarton

milkcarton Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. I probably should, but am too lazy, also busy with College, but mostly lazy

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  18. powwder

powwder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) do something fun that burns calories. you don't have to exercise to lose weight or get in shape. Go hiking, walk your dog (if you have one) start playing Pokémon GO, go dancing, play VR games like beat saber, play just dance etc. This way you are having fun and burning calories as a side effect instead of focusing on burning calories. the majority of people don't like exercising and if you force yourself, you will lose motivation and quit after a few weeks or even days.

2) If you really feel the need to exercise, then the best bet is to get a workout buddy. having a friend, family member, significant other workout with you will make you more motivated since it's less like exercise and more like just hanging out while exercising. Plus, misery loves company and it's harder to be lazy when you've already made plans to exercise with someone.

3) if both 1 and 2 don't work, then force yourself to exercise by giving yourself no other choice. For example, in my room i currently have no chair, I just have an exercise bike. so, if i want to watch TV or play games i need to sit on this exercise bike and since I'm on the bike i might as well pedal. This is how i started doing cardio as a powerlifter even though i hate cardio.

19. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to try a couple times a week during the summer but school killed my energy for it.

20. Issis

Issis 'Feeling is a Gift and a Curse'

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot what's exercising 2 years ago and before that all i knew was exercising (and novels too:)).