Discussion Do you know any good book forum?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SpeedGirl, Apr 16, 2022.

1. SpeedGirl

SpeedGirl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need a good book forum where I can ask about Authors and ancient books. Because somethings I can't find on the internet. I would really like to know if there is any forum I can ask my questions. Like about: Mansa Musa of the Emipre of Mali or Avicenna or even more ancient authors....

2. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Reddit? Theres a lot of different threads there.

Baldingere likes this.
  3. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow that's quite specific. Why not talk to actual librarians who might know places online?

4. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If no book forum jumps out at you as being helpful, then history forums may work better.

If you are just trying to delve deeper, then try going back over the internet references. I don't like recommending wikipedia, but the right way to use it is to delve into the bibliography footnotes an the end & go to those references directly. Wikipedia is usually tertiary source, swim upstream to get at the secondary and primary sources. Google books will sometimes let you read excerpts. This can help you see if a work is worth pursuing further.

If you are a student, then you may have access to a larger library. If you are in the US, then your school, local college or public library may have inter-library loan if the volume is not in the stacks. That is also what the reference desk at the library is for, too.

If you are a college student, then you may have access to various data bases that have scholarly articles on these figures (lexus-nexus was one of the ones that I remember from my sepia-toned student days).

Happy hunting.

Baldingere and jubd like this.