Discussion Do you prefer reading qt? Are you able to read all the arcs till the end?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Rubyspecs, Mar 10, 2022.

?

Bg or bl quick transmigration novel

1. Love reading qt very much

2. Read a few and it's okay and fun

3. After reading few, no longer interested in it

4. Never got interested to read it from the very beginning

5. Tried reading it but dropped after reading first few arcs

6. Read good qt novels till the very end and fully satisfied

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rubyspecs

Rubyspecs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I initially read a couple of qts especially bl, and read it completely and it was nice I guess. But most of them are of the type where Mc and ml hook up from the very beginning. Like Mc transmigrates, face slaps people, ml gets attracted by his demeanor, says it's interesting, approaches Mc and both instantly stick together and spread pda and die happily to born in next world and repeat and repeat all over again. I am so sick of qt now. Some of the angst ones are actually refreshing, but again after few arcs I feel like dropping it.

2. Deleted member 262016

Deleted member 262016 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I Didn't like the idea much, nevertheless, tried reading it anyway. but later dropped it . Continuously Changing worlds just makes me feel empty :blobpensive:

3. msbwhy

msbwhy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read some good qts before, honestly finding similar qts as those is kinda hard, maybe I just don't have the same excitement like before ;___; it was like a quick read of different stories under the guise of different world/arc and i kinda like it, even though it's always short : ( recently I just read transmigration novels rather than qts...

4. xuexxi

xuexxi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it’s such a popular tag! i was surprised bc people frequently ask for qt reccs lol but somehow i’m not really interested in it (tbf haven’t tried many) i think i just prefer “real” situations

5. comeetomama

comeetomama used to called mommy now granny

Reading List:
    Link
    i only read a couple of arcs then drop it because its always gets boring and flat. Authors only use their brain at the beginning then they make everyone dumb. This includes mc and ml or fmc

Shio likes this.
  6. sonata123

sonata123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The farthest I went with was Don’t Pick Up Boyfriends From the Trash Bin, where I read four arcs, and I think the story is great, it's just that qt is really not for me. With all other attempts of reading qt I managed only the first arc, after that I just start feeling horribly bored. Maybe it's because I kinda feel that since the qt worlds are not "real", there is no point in investing any emotions into them.

ToastedRossi likes this.
  7. littleoctopus

littleoctopus White Lotus Slayer ✦ Villain Sympathizer

Reading List:
    Link
    I really liked QT but if I read one for too long , I'll drop it . My patience kinda ends after 10 arcs lol. I get super hooked in the beginning but after a few arcs It gets really boring and predictable even. It's a tag i've read a lot when I first began reading novels but I avoid it like the plague now

Rubyspecs likes this.
  8. Rubyspecs

Rubyspecs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The last statement of avoiding it now like plague truly relatable :blobjoy:

9. orangethegreatorange

orangethegreatorange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m ok with it tbh. Just don’t like how in some qt mc’s character changes drastically. I prefer an mc who stays as himself through out all the worlds. Even if he has to act, he shouldn’t be able to perfectly execute the og character. It isn’t realistic at all to act like someone else all your life. I also don’t like it when he got everyone figured out and can make them fall for him like that. Tho it’s entertaining, still not quite realistic and too op. It makes me feel sorry for his partner cause they fell for someone who isn’t “real”.

10. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The idea of Quick Transmigration is fundamentally flawed. The worlds that these stories take place in are usually considered throwaways by the writer so she isn't going to invest much effort into developing either it or the characters inhabiting it. And stories with no care put into them like this just aren't going to be very good. The only saving grace is variety, but that's dampened if the variety isn't particularly interesting. Romance Quick Transmigration tends to make thing even worse because they tend to feature the same couple in all the worlds, so even that variety goes away. To date I've only read one Quick Transmigration novel that's any good, and it does this by being unlike any other QT novel out there.

You've hit the nail on the head! If the writer doesn't care about the setting, then how is the reader supposed to? The one exception I mentioned earlier is an exception because the author cares a great deal about each and every world he crafted. They matter, and the characters matter. Heck, the book works because the protagonist exists primarily as a prism for exploring the characters of the various worlds and the challenges that they face.

sonata123 likes this.
  11. kohaichi

kohaichi [Drifting in the world of Novels]

Reading List:
    Link
    TBH, I've only read 4 qt novels and I only stopped reading at one out of the three(all ongoing) while reading I discovered that that particular novel has actually been dropped by the author already so I stopped it.
    It was an angst-y novel, why would I continue reading when I'll only get angst and not the ending? So yea I stopped it the time I discovered it's a dropped novel.

I don't particularly prefer QT, I think I only read those QT novels for it's story and not for the world changing plot. My first QT novel is even a sequel of a novel that I really like.

So yea, I don't know much about QT novels and I wouldn't look for it voluntarily.

12. trying_out

trying_out Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since everyone here doesn't seem to like QT, I also want to add something ^-^
    I've always loved QT, especially to read during breaks in between work/study sessions and while idle...
    I've read so many QT novels end-to-end, I can't even count them.
    Although admittedly, some of the best had around five-eight arcs, I'm always excited when there's more - my main interest is the personality of the MC, the unique approach taken to the setting, and how the MC carries out their purpose/mission/survival...

Sure, there's a lot of repetition and a whole bunch of bad novels, but they're a good laugh, and always good for lighthearted reading...