Request Do you use desktop PC nowadays?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Neku, Nov 12, 2019.

?

Which device do you currently use/possess?

1. Smartphone

80.9%
  2. Tablet

25.5%
  3. Laptop

66.0%
  4. Desktop PC

63.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Warnock

Warnock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We will see, stadia and apple play (or whatever the name is) seem more than a gimmick imo.
    And for work again as i said previously, if its excel sheets, mail and a database sure, anything else like cad, scrapping footage, etc is a pain in the ass

Neku likes this.
  2. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A computer tablet is too heavy in our current technology. I believe as technology advance, as shown in today's movies, weight will not become a problem when it come to light and accommodating computer.

I just tend to use my laptop because I don't have to set up any of the annoying wires and cables--all that. I also don't have a designate station for my desktop. So a laptop is much more convenient as I could just close and toss it anywhere.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    Neku likes this.
  3. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Laptop, phone, tablet. I don’t use tablet as much as before. It would be nice to have a desktop but my table don’t have the space for that. Wanted to get a dual screen as well, but meh my table too small

Neku likes this.
  4. Warnock

Reading List:
    Link
    Told you,

5. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Told me what? Your video shows some lag on desktop, then says there was no lag on mobile. People who used wired connection found no lag too.

Which means the lag is not with stadia but the wireless connection from the remote to the desktop. They most likely need either to use wigig for the wireless connection or wifi 6 which has lower latency (unfortunately current stadia has neither, but I wouldn't be surprised if future version do).

6. Warnock

Reading List:
    Link
    ... damn you blind

7. jihadjoe

jihadjoe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Laptop at work/outside, Desktop at home. Smartphone obvs, but a Tablet has been awesome for reading novels.

I read almost exclusively on an iPad Mini. The size is very close to that of a paperback, but it can hold my entire collection of ebooks. For online-only content I just tether to my phone.

8. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Blind? Your video literally says this. Did you even watch your own video?

Quoting another review:

"When running on a wired Ethernet connection, Stadia just about performed as advertised. That means smooth frame rates that generally held at 60fps and controls that felt largely indistinguishable from those on local hardware (even with the Stadia controller connected directly to the router via Wi-Fi). While there was likely some additional input lag over local play, in Ethernet tests it wasn't enough to be noticeable to the naked eye, even for twitchy shooters and fighting games. Playing with friends online was similarly smooth, with no significant lag over a wired connection.

The stability of wired Stadia play was in stark contrast to the Wi-Fi Stadia experience, which was inconsistent to the point of aggravation"

That said, I would wait at least a year to judge anything. I don't remember any device in history being flawless from day 1.