Does anyone else use Miss Evans (猫耳FM)?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ceric_sulfate, May 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceric_sulfate

ceric_sulfate Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello friends, I recently discovered a few things about Miss Evans, also known as 猫耳Fm. Given the huge readership of Chinese novels on this site, I was surprised that there wasn’t more discussion or support for how to use this app. I’ll just start off with my experience:

For the last month that I’ve been using the app, I thought it was only a platform that hosted a bunch of audio drama adaptations of popular Chinese webnovels, and used it to buy and listen to Fake Slackers, The King’s Avatar, etc. For context, I can understand Chinese, but can’t read, and could barely navigate the app, which only comes in Chinese, for the life of me (by using Pleco’s character recognition feature to read pinyin on screenshots QAQ). It wasn’t until a few misclicks that I ended up in a broadcasting room and realized Miss Evans was also had live anchors, basically just radio hosts. It’s super interesting - a lot of streamers are singers, but there’s also asmr, story-telling, and uhh this one room with two guys probably kissing? and asking viewers to identify based on their voices the shou and the gong. TLDR I basically felt culture shock when I realized that “selling rot” is actually a thing people do in real life. Either that or I was just too uwu

There is a tutorial out there, on a twitter thread that I can’t find the link to :( describing how to buy diamonds to get audio dramas on Miss Evans. I was wondering if any regular users though could give a quick rundown on how to use other features of the app though? Here are some quick questions that I would greatly appreciate answers to:

- how do you post to the bullet screen for audio dramas (the barrage of comments that scroll across the screen)?
    - how do you comment on an anchor’s livestream? It always says I need to verify my phone number, but then I get pulled to a page where I can only change my email?
    - I get that diamonds are basically money, but what are 小鱼干 used for and how do you earn them?

Thanks y’all!

baka8roukanako likes this.
  2. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That makes two of us lol

3. ceric_sulfate

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah so reading Chinese novels that have yet to be translated goes something like: read MTL with the raws embedded, and use the Zhongwen chrome extension to highlight words and read the pinyin with definitions when the machine translation is too unbearable T^T

4. All The Wrong Novels

All The Wrong Novels Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd be interested to hear explanations of how to use this site or similar kinds. Atm I've been listening to audiobooks of webnovels while reading the translations to pick up some vocabulary. Would eventually be interesting to see what kind of commentary/discussion there is around stuff, but probably my language skills are too weak for now.

5. ceric_sulfate

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi friends, I figured out how to bind my phone number to my account through the website since it wasn't working through the ios app. Also realized I was spelling it wrong the whole time - it's missevan (not evans lol). Now I can comment and interact with the anchors :)
    I suppose once I eventually become more familiar with the site and app despite my iLLIteracy :( I'll put together a guide!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.