Discussion Does anyone just think of hyper specific novel premises

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by AutumnSugar, Jan 26, 2022.

1. AutumnSugar

AutumnSugar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm always coming up with ideas for novels I would like to read, but usually they don't exist T^T
    Examples:
    >GL xianxia where mc steals ml's wife (not harem)
    >One of those doting father type novels but the daughter ends up getting a wife

Alot of my ideas are for gl since there is less to choose from wuwuwu

2. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    I also like novel like that. I also like Top MC fall in love with villainess/ cannon fodder. Also MC with abuse heroine. Honestly I prefer gong MC pamper her Wifey.

AutumnSugar likes this.
  3. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    Wife in future or current wife? I don't like NTR, though.:cookie:

Just stealing a future wife and disbanding the harem isn't that rare. :blobtaco:
    What is this? :confusedcatblob: Can you explain more? :hmm:
    Those types are quite popular on jj. :blobpopcorn:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  4. AutumnSugar

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, Its so hard to find them though :c I hope more people start translating yuri novels.

Stealing a future wife. I have seen similar things on NU but they are usually a yuri harem which I'm not a fan of. If you have recs with one FL please let me know.

Also for the father/daughter thing, I'm thinking of something like 'Who made me a Princess' or 'Daughter of Dao and Devil Vernerable' Where MC is a reincarnator with a doting father(s). But instead of getting a husband when she grows up, she gets a wife. Could be even better if there is a little Shonen-ai and MC has 2 dads.

Also, I wish more yuri novels on jj would get translated. I've gotten a few recs from there that seem good but it's really hard for me to read mtl

luoxinle likes this.
  5. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    The novels I read before, they're quite good, not sure they will suit your taste. :cookie:
    掉进了一本坑书里 by 晓月千重 Fall into a pit novel
    女主,求放过! by 破军星 Female lead, please let me go!
    女主一定太爱我了 by 三无庸人 Female lead certainly extremely love me.
    来自男主后宫的宠爱 by 楚柒墨 Dotting from male lead's harem

Those novels have description that suits what you are searching for, I haven't read them, though. :blobpeek:
    男主后宫都是我的 by 云离游 Male lead's harem are mine
    撩了男主后宫后我翻车了 by 梦云淡风轻 I overturned after teasing the Male lead's harem
    和女主光环作对的下场 by 画文 The result of opposing the heroine's halo
    女主说我撩她 by 疯兔仔 Female lead said I teased her
    抢了男主的爽文剧本 by 谢一二三 Steal male lead's straightforward script (Ongoing)
    I don't remember if I read something like this before. Authors usually mention the doting part in novels but are not too focused on it, after few months I will forget them all. :notlikeblob:
    I think translators won't pick jjwxc novels anymore because jjwxc international will be online soon.

AutumnSugar likes this.
  6. orangethegreatorange

orangethegreatorange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m always looking for bl but not really bl cause mc wouldn’t fall in love with those who like him. And I have to dig a pile of novels to find something even remotely similar. I even made a thread asking for a novel where mc transmigrates into a guy who has a harem of male concubines but ends up not touching them nor falling in love with them. Ofc I couldn’t find what I wanted. Would be really great if anyone writes a story like that. :blob_teary:

Thatoneasianteadrink likes this.
  7. Thatoneasianteadrink

Thatoneasianteadrink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oof I'm one of the few who wants to see GB in a normal patriarchal society where the FL pegs the ML. Even better if FL is above or equal to the ML but is more low-key. Also, cold and ruthless in the streets and cute and cuddly in the sheets ML. Gap moe is my stuff.

For shounen Ai/Yaoi it would be rugged, dad bod single father bottom x Charismatic cute/charming Idol who is his daughter's oshi/bias top. A dream that will never come true... But will forever be carved into my heart :blobconfounded:

For Shoujo Ai/Yuri it would be old, uptight grumpy head maid x capable princess/nobless who relentlessly chases after her maid and only acts spoilt around her. I've given up on Yuri/Shoujo Ai novels because there are way too many gender bender ones so I don't actually know if a novel like this exists but, I'm hoping LMAO.

8. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Why yes, I do have a list of about 200 story concepts that I wanted to read but couldn't find any novels close enough.

Most of my "wants" revolve around different common reincarnation/isekai tropes, no cheats, just good talent in something from the original world that they can somehow put to use in the new world. For instance: High school student gets isekai'd. No cheats, but he's an ace baseball pitcher (hotblooded sports manga stereotype of course), so he can defeat early monsters by throwing rocks and uses staffs/spears like they were baseball bats, also has enough charisma to inspire adventurers/soldiers/etc when needed. And then he can help save the world without any special cheats, just the talents and skills that he's honed in his effort to lead his school's team to Koushien. And I'm not talking about that manga where war is replaced with baseball in the fantasy world...

9. AutumnSugar

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg I actually love the 1st thing you mentioned, I like matriarchal stories and all but there is something satisfying about defying a patriarchal society and gap moe ML is the best ML

10. Thatoneasianteadrink

Thatoneasianteadrink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ughhhh I know right??? The thing I want to see most in that type of story is the thoughts the ML would have. Cause ya know, taking it up in the butt when you're a guy is usually considered gay. Also how hard dating would be for FL cause well... Taking it up the butt when you're a guy is usually considered gay LMAO. The most similar I could find for this type of story was reborn to love lord qiansui (read it and LOVED IT), but it's in ancient times so ya know. I'm looking for something more modern tho lmao

Also, ah... another fellow man of culture. Nothin beats gap moe :blobmelt:

AutumnSugar likes this.
  11. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! I want to see more novels (honestly BL, GL, and BG all have this problem) where it's not one character wanting intimacy and the other not wanting it. I hate hate hate those scenes where the MC glares at the ML for sleeping with them the night before. This especially bothers me in BL and GL, though, since they're just putting gender roles on a couple that doesn't need them.

In addition to coming up with specific writing prompts that I want to read, I also find myself coming up with a different story based on the premise of existing novels. Like, I like the idea, but I would have done something different with it.

12. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    A premise for a novel: What if everyone were reborn 15 years? Would you see a bunch of teenagers in the workplace? Would people who committed crimes make different decisions, or not have the chance to commit a crime, or be more careful about not getting caught? Would someone wrongly convicted make sure to have an alibi - and would anyone believe them that they didn't do it the first time around? Would couples still get together, or take the opportunity to break up? Would couples still break up, or having seen their other options decide to stay together. Lots of interesting questions there.

13. Oxylime

Oxylime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    > Person transmigrates into OG!MC, into a romance(Rich person meets normal person and decides that being rich...SUCKS!) book after the Love Interest and OG!MC have gotten together and have had all their happy ending stuff. Ensue gender crisis, trauma, body swap, curses, body horror, people going to exorcists, and other whatnot bloody stuff with the only romance being between OG!MC and Love Interest. This idea could end up being a phycological horror or dark humor. Plus point if OG!MC ghost hangs around in despair as their partner goes crazy. Idea could be applied to all types of pairings. Top/Bottom/Switch: Pick whatever, may it be a relationship dynamic or the fucking. Can be of any race and/or ethnicity. Preference of setting would either be 'Modern[CEO]' or 'Medieval[Royalty]' or 'Aliens[Go Crazy]'.

I have lots of these. What more lore??? Just ask ψ(._. )>.

14. Akuma no Rakuen

Akuma no Rakuen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That all the characters are weapons or equipment of historical characters, of the soul eater or noragami type but without focusing on the carriers of those weapons but on the weapons themselves, and that each piece of equipment has its own consciousness and thoughts inspired by its role in the story and who was its bearer, I would also like there to be fantastic weapons that are the strongest of the excalibur and gungnir types that have op skills and dominate in this fantastic world where there are no humans. I haven't thought about who could be the protagonist but I would like him to be a sword or halberd type and steal abilities but not know his past, creator and original bearer like a typical mc.

15. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    A person from the cultivation world is reborn in today's world and becomes a martial arts movie star. He meets other folks who have been reborn, but who don't retain their memories. One person who relied on pills to improve their cultivation is now relying on steroids.

I also want to see that the same person might be different if they are given a different childhood. Maybe someone who was selfish in the previous world was raised well and taken care of in this world, so they are able to be more generous.

I think the world is generally a kinder less violent place today than 500 years ago - I'd like to see that in a rebirth story, with people being just slightly different this time around because the culture has shifted.

16. Dog food please

Dog food please Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me-this cat too !! Sometimes I actually just think of writing my own stories just so I can read them cry, cry~ cry!~

*sigh

It's really hard to find those, and if I actually find one, if the story has somthn that I hate in it then I would full really uncomfortable and irritated, it's an itch in this great cat's heart ah, it tears my soul..so I'd drop it... but I'd remember it forever

my heart is constantly in turmoil because of them *shoves dog food to mouth with gusto* it's just so hard to express my thoughts abt the stories so I just right it down on my notes and scream all I want to say in my hea-*drama ensues

soooooooo *o*

*stand up with great difficulty, paws behind, chin and tail up to the sky
    *cough, clears throat
    eh-ehem

*agitated* hurry and give me-this great cat some dog food *extends a paw*

please give me recommendations of Chinese novels, Chinese or korean mangas, animes and Wattpad stories (I read fantasy the most; like magic schools), those without harem and the MCs are loyal to each other (with no other love interests..only for each other always, and none with any of them dying) pleaseeeeeeee

thank uu