Question Does anyone know about this Shadow of the Conqueror book?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by novelwhore, Jul 3, 2019.

?

Should I buy it and review it?

Poll closed Jul 10, 2019.
  1. Yes.

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No.

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Maybe?

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. I don't know.

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. novelwhore

novelwhore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk what's in the book, but it sure sounds like an average Western book from the description.

Also no worry, be happy :blobcozy:

Edit :
    Oh wait a second. That's Shaddy Medieval boi. Go buy and review it~ hopefully it tastes medieval like how the author likes his medieval lore.

3. novelwhore

novelwhore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that's sort of got me on edge it sounds pretty generic by the description and the only reviews are from people who watch his YouTube channel.

4. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you think you have no interest with the author and his love for medieval stuff, its best you just skip this. :blobpeek:

5. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a subscriber to Shad's youtube channel. He's Australian who is a medieval castles and weapons enthusiast, along with related fantasy stuff.

Here's he is today (well yesterday, now) talking about publishing this book, his first:

If that was too boring for you, here's his video from the day before discussing if monsters actually existed, how it would affect life. Some of the concepts were included in his book.

6. RandomStranger_3

RandomStranger_3 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m probably late to the party to say this but you should check it out and probably review it if you want. I’m a fan and subscriber of his channel called Shadiversity and if there’s anything I’ve learned from him from all of his videos, is that I’m expecting that his book won’t be as generic as some of the other stuff available out there. See, this is the guy makes videos about not only just historical medieval stuff but also reviews about some pop culture references, meaning that if there’s some fictional weapons or armors or any sort of fortifications out there that doesn’t make sense, he’s your go-to guy in regards to these things. Like for example, bikini female armors. Usually for the most who are nitpicky about this thing, they’ll rather dismiss it as ineffective armor that doesn’t cover your vital organs blah blah blah yada yada but to Shad, while he may say that it is also ineffective, he’d usually find ways to make it work and logical like “it makes you more maneuverable and agile but you’re prone to bleeding out if you take a hit” logic and maybe it’s a cultural preferences like the female character belongs to a tribal community or something like that. If anything, while he may had disagreements to some people out there, he’s usually an open-minded person in my book, no pun intended.

Back to his book. If medieval stuff isn’t your thing or style then this is definitely not for you but if you still had a slight interest in it, I suggest you check it out because at first, I didn’t had any interest on those things but he’s one of those guys who sparked it, alongside with the other guys who are irrelevant on this topic for now. I’ve heard that he spent I guess 11 or 12 years finishing this book so I’m expecting that he fully fleshed out everything but not to a full hundred percent. There may be flaws but I guess it should work.