Discussion Does anyone still read Akatsuki no Yona?

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by HNCKrstl, Jul 1, 2021.

?

Still read Akatsuki no Yona?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. I'm waiting for it to end so I can binge read

18 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. what's that?

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  5. petition for anime season 2!!!!!

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. HNCKrstl

HNCKrstl 《The Đevîl's Cøñsørt》『♡Hayyan's Female Version』

Reading List:
    Link
    if so, why?
    [​IMG]

Have any idea where this is going?
    Any theories you would like to share? Or complains?
    Or just rant here about the manga..

[​IMG]

SquadCammander354 and amilhs like this.
  2. aienmoon

aienmoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading at 190ish. Though i still like the story im getting impatient/bored. I decided to just wait it out till the end.

3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I fell off the bandwagon at one point. Reread the whole thing from the beginning. Fell off the bandwagon again. I still plan on picking it back up... someday... it’s already been a few years, though. Last chapter I read was 152.

4. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm waiting till it gets to chapter 300 to reread it
    I might forget about it for longer tho

HNCKrstl likes this.
  5. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the plot is interesting and mostly the important point is

Hak is handsome and cool :aww::aww::aww::aww:

HNCKrstl, idlereader and hansora like this.
  6. devynA

devynA Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mannnn, I'm on hiatus from it, between that and Skip Beat, these will still be dropping by the time I have grand kids. Any ways, a very interesting plot, the hint of reverse harem and of course Sinha and Ao!! (who has made a crossover appearance in Skip Beat of all places)

HNCKrstl likes this.
  7. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, I never read it~

Sabruness and HNCKrstl like this.
  8. HNCKrstl

Reading List:
    Link
    True... In 190ish chapters, the story was a labyrinth of confusion. Reading one chapter and waiting a month for the next was painful. At least that's how it felt like for me. :confused: But, how do you have courage not to check for updates every month. I planned on doing that myself but, I always end up checking the site for new updates, almost a few times a week. :coffee:

:LOL::blobfistbumpR: I reread three times too, just because I was impatient waiting for next chapter. :justabotow:
    You haven't missed much since it's still on chapter 209. I'm not sure if that's a good thing though..:blobastonished: Waiting is a good choice I guess..

Yeah, that's a good idea. Approximately after 5 years from now on..? :sushi_dead::sushi_sigh:

yesss... All of them are! So beautiful and so pretty and they are all innocent rolls of cinnamon, and Hak is perfect.. but I have my doubts whether he is really human, how is he stronger than dragons..:cookie:

Really? I didn't know that. Now I want to read Skip Beat. :blobthinkingsmirk: Is it good? I always get that recommended in Goodreads but I didn't really think of checking it out. :sweating_profusely:

haha.. Thank you for visiting anyway. :blobgift:
    You might like this little guy.
    [​IMG]

Baldingere, Anra7777 and Gandire Alea like this.
  9. aienmoon

Reading List:
    Link
    It's easy for me because i have a bad memory. Lol.:blobjoy: i simply removed AnY from my bookmarked list and already forgot about it. I read mangas/manhwas in an app, i just bookmarked everything i liked then just remember it again once i get a notif of an update.

HNCKrstl likes this.
  10. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Yesss Ao is life! It's so much fun to reread each chapter to spot him on every panel!

I remember when I was stockpiling chapters on Noblesse and when I looked for it again, the story was finished! I was gobsmacked! Given that here, the story updates monthly so we are far away from 300 chaps, I might really forget about it and check in ten years later

devynA and HNCKrstl like this.
  11. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it like 7 years ago. I left it to stack and I remember nothing about it now:derpyblob:

HNCKrstl likes this.
  12. Deleted member 304540

Deleted member 304540 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been meaning to read Akatsuki no Yona but so far haven't gotten to read it yet. I have a long reading list :blobsweat_2:

HNCKrstl likes this.
  13. HNCKrstl

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the app you are using? :coffee: I just use the websites from chrome (mymangalist).:confused:

Let's hope the author-nim will be alive to finish it?:cookie:

:giggle: It is continuing since 2009 right? Will you start reading it again someday?

I think when you finish with your reading list, the Yona story would be done, and you can binge read peacefully,,, hopefully... (y):love:

14. aienmoon

Reading List:
    Link
    i use manga diamond. i think it's only for android though? not sure. it has a lot of websites as sources like bato.to, mangadex, isekaiscans, etc. you can only download the app on their website just google it.:)

HNCKrstl likes this.
  15. HNCKrstl

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh.. Since I don't have an android phone I'm just going to check mangadex for now. :blobsnow: Thank you for telling me about the app. That'd be one of the first things I download when I get a phone. :justabotheart:

16. Wrath444

Wrath444 Life is such a glorious trauma, is it not?

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I was reading it for a while but the site I used got taken down and I forgot about it

HNCKrstl likes this.
  17. HNCKrstl

Reading List:
    Link
    haha..yeah..that can happen. :cookie: I'm crazy enough to search for a new site to read then. :notlikeblob:

18. Senshiana

Senshiana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched the anime back in 2015 or 2016... At the time I became obsessed with the story, and I read the manga (until chapter 72, the last available at the time). I read the mangaka had to postpone the publication, because of an earthquake.
    Life went on and I kind of forgot how wonderful this story is.

So this week I started a period of prophylactic isolation, and I binged myself into some manga/manhwa/anime/novel to stay entertained.
    It was a very nice surprise reading until ch 210!
    I adore all Hak x Yona related: their love is so pure! It started putting on my nerves the amount of chapters and intimate scenes that exist until a confession comes up, and even then Hak remains this iron man that doesn't give in to his emotions - with just shows the respect he has for Yona.
    And I kind of get Yona: having grown up in a palace, in such political turmoil, she just doesn't understand the difference between the infatuation she feels towards the So-won she thinks he is and Hak's love, respectful, resolute, playful and based on a very deep friendship. So I guess they had to go through all of the manga chapters without a clear confession or demonstration of affection.

HNCKrstl and Baldingere like this.
  19. devynA

devynA Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For Skip Beat, Ive been reading it for the last 11 years, its an extraaaaa sloooowwww burnnnnnn, enjoyable to se the FL's growth and the ML slowly falling for her, so if you are up for it, try it. The anime is 24 eps if want a taste test, and they made a Taiwanese drama based on it years ago, that I would rate 6/10 - called Extravagant Challenge. :blobsweat_2:

HNCKrstl likes this.
  20. HNCKrstl

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed.. :cookie:
    Now that they have started to show their affection so openly, they are made to stay apart without even seeing each other much. I'm not sure why it turned out this way. Anyway, I'm hoping our author doesn't have anything bad in mind for them.
    I also want Soowon to explain himself to Hak and Yona. I really liked their childhood friendship, I wish they would just talk,, for once.:justabotow:

Thank you~ I am planning to give it a try after reading Haikyuu.. :cookie: The Taiwanese drama cast includes members of my most favourite group Super Junior, so it's in my 'definitely watch before dying' list of things. :blobsnow:

Senshiana likes this.
  21. ditka623

ditka623 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really liked the story up to the Xing arc, but since they went to the palace and let themself be used by Soo-Won and the Sky tribe, it has been a letdown for me. The only exception was when Yona and Hak have finally confessed to eachother but otherwise I feel really frustrated with how everything is unfolding :blobangery:.

I just finished the last translated chapter (ch.214) and I especially feel irratated with how the Earth tribe behaves. I've always hated the way they worship general Geun-Tae when his only purpose in life is to fight (and kill). I know he loves his people but he is totally incompetent when it comes to governing: both the tea and the stones which boosted their trade/economy were in his possession and yet the only think he could do was self-pitying and blaming the previous emperor for their struggles. Pathetic!

Anyway, I'm thinking about waiting for a few months and reading the chapters only after this arc is finished or at least when Hak stoppes being a punching bag for everyone else while sacrificing himself for them :blobupset:.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    HNCKrstl likes this.