Discussion Does 'freedom of speech' really exist?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by efo, Dec 6, 2021.

?

does it?

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efo

efo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whenever I watch a video about 'deep topics', I look at the comments like "Let's see who's arguing with who this time."... And I've noticed that everyone can call anyone 'ignorant', 'bad person' or 'inhuman' super easily.

In my opinion, as long as someone doesn't physically or mentally hurt anyone, everyone can think WHATEVER they want. But NOOOO. Especially, young people believe that everyone should be open-minded about EVERY. SINGLE. THING. I'm almost 20 years old girl; A conservative one, and I'm really ashamed of people who can disrespect and ridicule someone so easily, just because their way of thinking is different.

What is your opinion? I really want to EXPLODE whenever I see this.

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    >_> I disagree. Fight me.

On a more serious note, you're free to say what you want but you are not free from the consequences.

The above is more of a legal point.

As for people...our opinions form our worldview, our reality. Opposing opinions undermine that reality causing people to lash out. Should they? Probably not. They should face the opposing opinions which will then improve their own.

3. Lovise

Lovise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. Today less than ever. You can literally get canceled or fire for wut u say :). You have to "correct" your sentence or it will be "condescending". Even if something is trash... You have to pretend to like it and say the template: While [blank] -insert phase; however [blank] -list paragraphs of why u think its trash-. Really reminds me of a police pulling you over. "You have the right to remain silence, what ever you say can and will be use against you". Out of context as well.

Peeps love sugar, so just give it to them and reap the profits.
    Edit: Freedom is an illusion. Granted to those in power

efo likes this.
  4. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw I'm not entirely sure where you're trying to go with this but I feel like there is a political undertone here so I'ma lock this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.