Question Does it ever change?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by REDjoker81, Jan 4, 2018.

1. REDjoker81

REDjoker81 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I have been reading the novel" library of heaven's path for a while now(currently at chapter 460). Even though I like the novel and the MC, I can't stand the amount of bs plot armor the novel has repeatedly throws at me and it has become very repetitive. So my question for the those that are much farther into the novel then I does the BS ever end(does he actually face an actual challenge?)?

2. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve found with most Chinese novels that the plot/style is always reused throughout the novel. So I guess you’re gna see more BS in the future~

gary0044187 likes this.
  3. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Most CN novels tend follow one pattern.

1) Awesome fast paced interesting introduction
    2) Slow endless repetitive jargon

If your past 1, which by the sound of things you are, then its probably a no.

4. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope...

5. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Look at it like this, you've got this magical cultivation world filled with trillions of hopeful cultivators, who have to regularly face off against incredible odds. In the end about 99.99% of them will die an incredible painful and often pathetic death. Now if you were going to write a story about just one of those cultivators would you write about one of the 99.99% who gets his intestines pulled out through his ass by a demonic tiger, or would you write about the 0.01% who against all the odds manages to cultivate to the very top, and rule the universe?

Disgusting, Kung Pao and Reright like this.
  6. Reright

Reright Someone who tried to keep it simple but failed

Reading List:
    Link
    I would write about the perverse Tiger and his love for intestine pulling, it wouldn't get crowds but it would be a different read.

Disgusting and sketchn98 like this.
  7. REDjoker81

Reading List:
    Link
    yea but my problem that the mc is the 1% due to cheating and that he will always win due to plot armor

8. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah when you start to notice the plot armor it probably means the story is using it to much. I mean every protagonist has some, that is the reason he is the protagonist and not one of the cannon fodder characters that gets killed midway through the story. Usually plot armor really sticks out when the protagonist is being needlessly reckless, like provoking powerful sects, or showing off their genius and potential in front of an enemy clan.

Disgusting, sketchn98 and REDjoker81 like this.
  9. REDjoker81

Reading List:
    Link
    IMO the plot armor is way too much like everytime someone says this impossible he cant do it; the mc does it in a matter of seconds. Then wins I mean that gets extremely boring after a while(I dont know why its the most popular novel on Qidian)

10. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    The answer is always 'no'. No, it never changes.

11. DSYS

DSYS Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, MC will face good challenges in the arcs ahead.
    He has a couple of cards up his sleeves but most are not feasible like the poison ability, Vicious, and the golden book.

12. carnwennan

carnwennan White Hilt Divine Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    The quick answer is no. The BS never ends but this is the premise of the novel.
    The MC deals with his problems at Saint Realm the same way he dealt with them at Fighter Realm. Most importantly, it always feel like he doesn't understand what is going on and his lack of common sense perdures for the whole novel, even with a cheat like the Library or his high-level soul depth. In other words, he face-slaps experts while behaving as a 4-years-old child with no common sense. So it is a different type of face-slapping if you compare it to Emperor's Domination, where the MC is truly intelligent and an actual expert.
    But even the novel doesn't take itself seriously so neither should you. Master Teachers should be supernaturally intelligent with their soul depth and will of mind cultivation, but they can be easily tricked by ordinary cultivators 5 realms.
    This novel is about face-slapping. If you like that you will enjoy the novel until you get tired of it.

DSYS likes this.
  13. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    >.>
    This smacks of corpse magic. In fact, I'm surprised there hasn't been an exorcism.

14. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I would actually read Xianxia that MC had to struggle against fate and odd. Even if he did die in the end, his death would be heart-breaking and epic.

15. DSYS

DSYS Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Further on in the novel as the story progress, the MC matures and the face slapping changes into defeating the enemy and convincing them that he is a worthy Master Teacher.
    My speculation is that he is laying the foundation to defeat the Outerworldly demon by -
    1. having his direct disciples deployed in the major Sects, and the disciples likely become the head of those Sects;
    2. resolving his love interest and conflict between Zhang and Luo clan;
    3. obtain a position of power by being the head of an organisation (likely the Saint Child Hall School);
    4. revealing his birthright and its complications like the innate fetal poison