Question Does The King Avatar have romance?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Midnight2010, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    doesn't have romance

2. thissisnate

thissisnate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea its female characters. His female fans all wanted Ye Qiu to get with a certain character. The author didn't want to disappoint or lose fans.

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    19637.png what a let down~ still I prefer without it~

4. danielgomes06

danielgomes06 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    someone can tell me if The King’s Avatar there's any kind of romance ? thanks.

5. pandicorn

pandicorn ® Ruler of Gay Pandas ®

Reading List:
    Link
    There is.

6. Alhana

Alhana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think there is any. It's zero romance

Dedition likes this.
  7. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not direct romance.
    Just a friendly relation between main male and female char.
    In other word, no lovey dovey chapters, etc.

8. Daike1234

Daike1234 THE GUY WHO TRANSLATE WITH THE HELP OF MACHINES

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, i'm in 500+ chapters. But all I see is its focused of MC returning to pro scene. I dont know about the latter chapters. But so far. Its good and didnt disappointed me

9. pandicorn

pandicorn ® Ruler of Gay Pandas ®

Reading List:
    Link
    Su mucheng and him counts as romance. The quality of romance tho is a diff. question.

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    again~ there is romance between Ye Xiu and Glory~ the strongest ship~
    as for other just hint ~

Pretender and Nimroth like this.
  11. Dedition

Dedition Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "NO direct romance" That's like saying "Alternative facts" lol

There is zero romance.

No one kid yourself, the only 'romance' per se is stuff like"She put the blanket over him whilst sleeping." That's literally it. If that's what you call romance then you've clearly never read romance.

juniorjawz likes this.
  12. Pretender

Pretender <{Vanquisher}> {(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻}

Reading List:
    Link
    None, and that's why I placed it in the "On Hold" =P

13. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is my point that i failed to convey.

Ah, but I have to disagree about your "zero romance"
    The female char has been seen showing hints of love through her actions.
    From the beginning of the novel, and her randomly showing up to help the MC.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  14. Dedition

Dedition Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For someone looking for a novel with (or without) romance, I think it's better to not get them mistaken or confused. Let's be honest, there isn't any romance. I can very well give reasons why it may just be familial love, or feelings of obligatory care. It takes two to romance and there's barely one in this novel.

SakuraiKonami27 and Yu_chan like this.
  15. Yu_chan

Yu_chan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok speaking if you want the truth. No there is no romance. A couple of years ago when I first find this novel I was excited to read it as it had an amazing plot. And into the story I don’t really find any right place for romance. And the lead character Ye xiu definitely doesn’t show interest in romance

when I research it I saw this page and I had thought there was going to be romance. And back then 400 chapters in there was no hint when I saw people that said it was there and so far it showed no sign to me so far into the story it would have seem forced.

Ye xiu and Mu Cheng is something ppl say is hinted and with everything in the novel it more of a siblings relationship. I get that they are super close but there is no romantic feeling in their action. More of a deep care for each other.

now put into play the culture. So the is a Chinese novel and I also Chinese so I do understand mandarin to an extent. Also family especially siblings relationship is very big. My parents have always told me that no matter what I ALWAYS ALWAYS have to stick up for my siblings even if it’s against everything I believe. Trust me I’m not exaggerating like I hate it when my parents do this. So even non blood siblings have a lot of care. Also in the anime and novel are both mandarin and the wording can be every had to translate properly. I remember watching the anime and some of the meaning of the word weren’t translate well to English.

ok spoilers for the prequel no much just little bit nothing having a big impact

We all know how like mu cheng is mu qiu littler sister. In the prequel which I have not completely finished but I’ve also watched the movie ya any thoughts of them even having feeling was washed away. Mu qiu and Ye xiu practically raised her from when she was 12 and they were 15. Now it was, especially in the movie like Ye xiu also has taken a brotherhood rule in Mu cheng life right next to her blood brother. Whenever ppl bring it up I always think back to the scene in the movie where Mu qiu leaves Mu cheng in Ye xiu care while he goes do something and Ye xiu seem hesitant before Mu qiu tell him that “she’s your sister too”

just after everything I really can’t imagine a romantic feeling and there is no hint of real romantic feelings logically speaking but if you wanna ship the you do you

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    LiLi041 likes this.
  16. LiLi041

LiLi041 【Lucky RNG Halo】【Eternal Townie】

Reading List:
    Link
    The plot is mainly focused on Ye Xiu's rise in Glory and on the bonds between friends and the love of the people for their idols (like how Chen Guo admired Ye Xiu very much up until she met him for real lol). I've read the whole novel, and the most memorable "romance" part that comes to mind is for Tang Rou (not with Ye Xiu). There is a small pro player on Samsara, Du Ming (a blade master), who has a little one-sided romance going on with Tang Rou. He really, really likes her, which is why he tries so hard to show-off and play with her during the match. Although he kept on missing her (as in, either she died too early or he arrived too late during the group matches) up until the finals, in the end he becomes part of her 1v3. Actually, I think if we're talking about romance, Samsara is the most romantic team in TKA (in my opinion). Not only just because of Du Ming, but also because of their cleric Fang Minghua, who was mentioned to be one of the "few married pro players" in the circle. Samsara has a little conversation with Du Ming about his one-sided love around the finals, and Fang Minghua gives some advice of his experience as a married man. This all occurs in the last 100 chapters or so. If you read all the way to the end, you'll get to this part!

I agree with all the previous posters who said that Ye Xiu and Su Mucheng's relationship is platonic. I feel like their relationship wasn't very romantic, especially since Ye Xiu was Su Mucheng's older brother's best friend, and after Su Muqiu died, he sort of assumed the role of the "big brother." They're very much like siblings looking out for each other.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    Yu_chan likes this.
  17. Yu_chan

Yu_chan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes because a couple years ago when I saw this page it made me hesitate to finish it bc the romance would seem really forced. I don’t care if people want to ship them or any character but people saying here is romance is pretty misleading to new readers. As they can be either disappointed or uninterested in romance