Discussion Does this count as philosophy?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Silver Snake, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    TL;DR at bottom.

So, I've been having this thought for quite some time, for at least the last couple of years. Well, it's not really a thought, more of a mantra or repeated phrase. I seem to always have one echoing through my head every couple of years, though I can't remember in exactness what the last couple were. I'm not sure if everyone or most or some other people are the same. And I feel that now that I've realized the meaning of this phrase, that I'll soon move on to the next one. In a sense, I feel that I've grown or matured in some way.

These are the words that occasionally repeat in my mind: you must remember who you are. And I always feel strange when those words repeat in my head. What is it I'm supposed to remember? When did I forget anything? I don't recall any empty chunks of memory in all my years of living.

And now I realize what that means. I would be lying if some small part of me at first thought this was linked to some sort of reincarnation, but now that I know the true reason for this thought or feeling, it's completely understandable for me to have at first thought this.

This remember who you are nonsense isn't about remembering who I am, or understanding who I am, it's about learning something new. I've only just realized this because of a book I was reading that touched on introspection. Apparently, when you learn something new, it often feels like you new it all along, and that learning that was only remembering what you already knew. Again, it only feels like that. I'm not saying that that is what's actually happening.

So, this thought of mine wasn't being literal, and in a sense it couldn't have been, because it wasn't me who was thinking it, but the deep deep down part of me, the subconscious part of me. And I somewhat hate that part of me. You see, he's quite a lot cleverer than me. I'm slow because I'm taking it all in, because I'm laying it out step by step, but the deep deep down part of me can do it in a blink of an eye without even thinking about it, or by only thinking of the things that are necessary.

And the reason why we can't communicate in the normal way is because of how much cleverer he is than I, or because of how stupid I am. He has to translate his words into words that I can understand, and I have to translate those words into his original meaning.

So, in conclusion, it would seem that I have a deep yearning to learn something truly new.

TL;DR: Introspection, subconscious self, and truest desire.

mir, imK, Kuro_0ni and 1 other person like this.
  2. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Dat be some GOOD sh!t you’re smokin...:p

ongoingwhy, Kuro_0ni and imK like this.
  3. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.

It's your personal philosophy and understanding of the world as you see & experience it.

Also what your explaining, sounds a lot like Existensialism. So good on you

userunfriendly and imK like this.
  4. whitespace

whitespace Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Philosophy is asking questions and finding answers. Not hovering in nothingness, trapped in melancholy. Things seem known, because they were written and sended. Mostly by our parents, and theirs. Rest are illusions, hearing, seeing, comparing. Building images with fragments of memories.

5. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me briefly summarized your thread in one sentence. Keep track on that status board. In one word --- insight.

Realization is like atmospheric pressure.

6. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really understand what you mean.
    But about there being a deep down subconscious part of you who you say is more clever, my question is: why is it you who is on the surface and in charge of decisions, and not that part of you? There must be a reason. Or maybe that part is not as clever as you think it is?
    I'm very interested in what your answer/thoughts on this will be.

7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck learning whatever you wish to~

8. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    Sweet, innocent, clueless Mir, your question doesn't make any sense. I'm on the surface because I'm conscious, I deal with the boring day to day, while my shadow/subconscious self gets to do the exciting things. And who's to say the subconscious part never makes decisions? I'm sure he makes more decision than I ever do, or he makes more important decisions. Really, the usual me is plain bread compared to him. He's like a grilled cheese with ham and mayo in it. And I'm not even toasted.

9. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :sushi_peak: what sort of exciting things?

10. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    *cough cough* :blobpeek: Whispers, "being with you..."

11. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :sushi_peak: .... what a way to dodge the question... o-o
    You win, I won't ask.*runs away* :sushi_hide:

12. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it that hard to believe I wuv you that much!?

mir likes this.