Recommendations Does This Exist - Reincarnated MC's Played The Game, but Doesn't Remember it Well

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Darius Drake, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Another of my "Does This Exist/How Common Is This" Request Threads.

As the title says, I'm looking for stories where there's a MC who Reincarnated Into A Video Game World, and realizes it, but doesn't remember the game all that well. Almost every MC who reincarnates into a Video Game World seems to have memorized everything about the game, and only fails to remember things if they haven't managed to play that part before reincarnating. I have yet to see a version of this setting where that wasn't the case, the closest being Fluvia Delarose, where the MC never played but has associated knowledge from her daughter's obsession. Which is not the same as "MC has a normal human memory, and only played said game once a year or so ago, and so only knows they reincarnated into the game due to meeting major character/'s A, B and/or C and remembering their names".

An example of how this could happen is someone who's played all the Final Fantasy Games, and reincarnated into one, but only knows for certain due to meeting Cid or some Moogles, but doesn't know WHICH Final Fantasy they've reincarnated into, if it's a new game they've never played, or if they were reincarnated during any specific game or not. Obviously they wouldn't be able to do it with Final Fantasy, as it's a real and licenced product, but the concept is still there.

So, does anyone have any ideas about MC's who reincarnated into Video Game World's that they don't have absolute knowledge of?

melomarl and IrregularPerson like this.
  2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I heard of a novel like that :blobunsure:

3. Synders

Synders La Persona Superiore a Dio

Reading List:
    Link
  4. darstream

darstream Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if this works but there a manga called final fantasy lost stranger, they do remember somethings but mostly is from key characters

5. Kaze Ling

Kaze Ling Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Darius Drake

Reading List:
    Link
    Thus the "Does this exist" part of the request. I even put that in the title this time.

Not quite what I'm asking for due to the MC most certainly never having played the game in question, but very close. Thank you for your suggestion, and especially thank you for the details that gave me enough information to accurately "Yes/No" on the minute details of my request.

I can't tell unless I read it.

Nope, I mostly cover this in the initial post. The things the MC doesn't know either relate to changes in the story that came with his appearance, or follow up stories in the series that the MC didn't play.

Hell, MC's Pre-Reincarnation Sister, who DIDN'T play, and instead forced her Brother, the MC, to play for her REMEMBERS EVERYTHING. To the point where she can seduce all the boys before the end of the first month! HOW? HOW DOES SHE REMEMBER ANY OF THE SPECIFIC DETAILS? She even died about a year after brother!

7. khakha

khakha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - common sense duke daughter
    MC know all about the game story, but she remember her past life just before last story. From there mc must survive in that world without game knowledge
    - I Reincarnated as a Noble Girl Villainess But Why Did It Turn Out This Way
    MC new world basicaally is game world. But the story is different from her knowledge, there is war. In this situation, mc must hold weapon as well to survive. And mc sooner or later will forget her past life, at least important things

8. Zell

Zell Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm,
    Might not be what you are looking for,

Night Ranger

He crossed over into the game.
    Been awhile since I last read this, I think it's something about the mc having memorise of the world, but the world doesnt seem so simple?

I remember the ending was bad though

9. Darius Drake

Reading List:
    Link
    Just as a warning, I'm very pedantic about these "Does This Exist" Threads, and so will label stories as rejected that, while they generally fit the feel of the request, don't fit the particulars.
    Common Sense doesn't fit, the issue there is that the MC reincarnated "too late" for whether or not she remembered everything about the game to matter.

Why Did It Turn Out This Way is does not fit either, it's not that the MC barely or outright doesn't remember, but that the "game world's" situation changed without her knowledge (and, possibly, involvement. I can't say for certain, as I haven't read it, and doubt that the author gives helpful hints on what would have happened in the Game World that did/didn't in the MC's World).

I have read this one, though I skipped quite a bit near the end. MC reincarnates into the setting of a VRMMO he was incredible at & obsessed with, at the beginning of the VRMMO's Story, half-a-dozen Major Updates ago. He remembers everything accurately, though, as it's an actual world instead of a VRMMO, there's things like people acting like PEOPLE, and character's being in places the MC didn't expect at times the MC didn't expect. Still, for the majority of the story, everything within it is practically the same as a "MC Knows Everything" story, with the exception of the MC being surprised about some things being BETTER than they had expected.

Excusing the annoying ending, of course. On the plus side, at the ending the story DOES explain why the MC was reincarnated into a VRMMO he knew. Which is something that most Reincarnated Into A Game World stories never bother doing, or just throw the "A God Did It" minor arc in as an half-arsed explanation.

10. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this is a good prompt for an actual story.
    If anything, off the top of my head I remember theirs this manga where 40 year old dad becomes the villainess in a game. It’s stereotypical and he tries to behaves as a villainess from old manga, but he fails utterly. It seems his daughter is aware of the situation and is got spooked.
    Endo and Kobayashi’s Commentary. (So no of these are what you specified BUT, they came to mind) is where the in-game characters are getting influenced by the voices of two avid game fans who have their own romance going on.
    BUT I do remember something of what you specify. Ernak (comic). He enters the game world with a slight deviation, his memory isn’t a total cheat because he’s vaguely aware of the franchise outside of the game. The animated series. The story deviates more- but he begins his journey.

11. Kaze Ling

Reading List:
    Link
    lol

she really doesn't remember much but the reason she does remember what she does is the point of having her brother beat the game. She wanted the visual novel scenes and story scenes that she can watch without actually playing. That's why she remembers how to win over the guys because she watched all the scenes explaining how. Those are all she cared about the game and only remembers that.

It still technically fits your request because he's in a game world he doesn't have absolute knowledge of
    But yea sorry it was the closest thing I could think of.

12. Darius Drake

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, "Reincarnated into a Video Game, but Without the Memory/Knowledge Cheat That Practically Every Character This Happens To Has".

The first one's reasonably commonplace, the second one's a fantastic write up of how many of the issues in Otome Game Stories could be fixed by clearing up misunderstandings, and I haven't read the third. But thank you for stating that they aren't exactly what I'm requesting.

Edit Add: Have just read part of the first chapter of Ernak and got to the plot twist. I understand why it's close, what with the plot twist making many potential memories useless, but it doesn't actually specify whether the MC has a good, bad, or normal memory, just makes it so that many of the benefits of having a great memory of the game become potentially practically useless.

My request is for a Game World that the MC, and any other reincarnated character, has a Realistic Memory of.
    Neither the MC, nor his Sister, has a realistic memory of the first game. I could half-heatedly consider the few things I know the MC acted on early on in the story as acceptable (the cheat airship he remembers the location of, for example). But the Sister is far gone from the realms of possibility.

If you don't believe me, I have a little test for you to take. I want you to see a movie, any movie, that you're interested in. During the movie, just watch it, doing your normal, movie things. Right after watching it, I want you to write down every line said in that movie. What, you think that's unreasonable?

MC's Sister is supposed to remember specifics from something she watched like a movie over 12-13+ years ago? If it's unreasonable to remember the specifics right after watching a movie, then it's unreasonable to expect them to remember the specifics several years later.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    Kaze Ling and IrregularPerson like this.
  13. Kaze Ling

Reading List:
    Link
    I know you're right but..

shes not remembering the equivalent of a random movie 100% accurate line for line. She's remembering a games Harem route that she obsessed over, one that became the final game her oniichan finished before dying and her world falling apart. I agree its probably super unrealistic but if she's enough of an Otaku for these games in particular and obsessed with the harem route because of her vanity then she doesn't need to remember a whole lot and indeed doesn't. Picture people who watch the same classic movie all the time or have an anime memorized by heart. She probably watched the harem ending multiple multiple times. Then when she reincarnated and realized where she was(not hard with floating islands) she probably obsessed for 12-13 years on what to do to finally get 'what she deserves'. I know you can say that's stretching it and it's unrealistic and it is but its honestly within the realm of possibility and of course a novel or something will go a bit farther with it.

14. Wolfie-bigsister

Wolfie-bigsister Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you see Rebuilding Base is Under Construction?

This is about mc who was reincarnated into the game world without knowing whatever he died or not in real world. Mc just remember he already play the game in this world and see what he do to help the world and think he can go back if he complete the world taks. This doesn't have sistem but he got a game panel who only he can see like his playing game. This is a prison-building world, if you don't like the genre you can read as a comedy, that's the main sell point of the novel. Then he realise the world he is in and the game his play in his world are different. There are superheroes like marvel and DC and supervillain! He then realise the prison lack of fund (no money) for building again. He rack his brain really hard and do thing a lot of people think weird to raise the prison. I laugh so hard when read this novel, and love it soo much!

And he not the one-knowing person or a person playing hero. He's soo human just like us who only known so little about that world and learn as the novel goes.

This exist in novelupdate obliviously.

15. Deleted member 267874

Deleted member 267874 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    "The result of Being Reincarnated is Having a Master-Servant Relationship with the Yandere Love Interest"

- there are many reincarnated characters(almost all).
    -the FL does not have a good grasp of the game.
    - and last but least it is quite interesting.